The Ultimate Winds of Winter Resource

BryndenBFish

14 hours ago, mzso said:

Unless he actually finished TWOW and submitted it to the publisher and that's why he's involved in so many things. :D
(Fat chance... But, one can dream.)

Except he told us he would announce on his blog when he has completed it, meaning it was sent to the editor for final edits. Publication dates need to be announced ahead of time to boost sales. I have no idea how much, if any, he has written of it. But the one thing I do know, is that the publisher does not have it yet.

[mod] Brief reminder. This is a thread for information about TWOW. Not speculation. Speculation is not really a resource - we all have plenty of our own supplies. Stick to facts, please. [/mod]

2 hours ago, mzso said:

How?

George told us he would post on his blog when he has finished it. Not when the publisher is working on it, but when he has finished. Taking him at his word, I can say he is not done and the publisher does not have it.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, mzso said:

This post is ominous...: https://grrm.livejournal.com/564326.html

Which might be promising. However it's tagged with "editing, television and film, writing ". So looks like WOW is on the backburner (or no-burner) again.

Maybe when he gets these things done, he can START writing Winds. I'm starting to think he never made it past the excess material from Dance.

So then the newest facts are that the author is overwhelmed and stressed and excited and says he's too busy to blog, LOL.

I think? it's also a fact that he has now said on the record that the Fire/Blood 1 will be out before Winds of Winter, and there is no publication date for it beyond 'late 2018 or early 2019' putting the earliest possible release of Winds as late 2019.

Not a very encouraging set of facts in my opinion, not by a long shot.

• 5 weeks later...

@BryndenBFish post from reddit: New GRRM interview (which apparently was done some 6 months back):

After Catelyn's resurrection, it was Lady Stoneheart who became a vengeful and merciless killer. In the sixth book, I still continue to write her. She is an important part of the entire book

7 hours ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

@BryndenBFish post from reddit: New GRRM interview (which apparently was done some 6 months back):

After Catelyn's resurrection, it was Lady Stoneheart who became a vengeful and merciless killer. In the sixth book, I still continue to write her. She is an important part of the entire book

Whoa! That's a very helpful quote. Can you cite the source? 

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Whoa! That's a very helpful quote. Can you cite the source? 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Could it be the one he posted about on NaB? Where he's the cover boy - his words? Is it Esquire mag? Gonna go check it

https://grrm.livejournal.com/566201.html

Or maybe also this? When I opened my web browser on my phone this popped up

https://www.yahoo.com/news/winds-winter-big-part-lady-163554570.html

Spoiler

George R.R. Martin described plot details from the upcoming sixth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (the source material for Game of Thrones), The Winds of Winter, noting the centrality of a character cut out of the HBO series entirely: Lady Stoneheart.

After Martin posted his cover image from the 2017 issue of the Chinese Esquire , A Song of Ice and Fire blogger BryndenBFishposted some loose translations to Reddit. While Google Translate doesn’t exactly capture the precise content or context of Martin’s answers, there are a few clear insights into The Winds of Winter.

The biggest is Martin’s description of Lady Stoneheart, which he describes as the biggest change from the book series to the HBO adaptation, our first indication the character is destined for big things in The Winds of Winter. “After Catelyn’s resurrection, it was Lady Stoneheart who became a vengeful and merciless killer,” Martin said, in approximate translation. “I still continue to write her. She is an important part of the entire book.”

Seven hells... Of course the most antipathic character gets brought back in a big way.

Well, her turning into a corpse hag at least improved the character a bit. At least she won't talk much... Or run around westers being a nuisance and doing moronic things.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Could it be the one he posted about on NaB? Where he's the cover boy - his words? Is it Esquire mag? Gonna go check it

https://grrm.livejournal.com/566201.html

36 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Or maybe also this? When I opened my web browser on my phone this popped up

https://www.yahoo.com/news/winds-winter-big-part-lady-163554570.html

Hide contents

George R.R. Martin described plot details from the upcoming sixth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (the source material for Game of Thrones), The Winds of Winter, noting the centrality of a character cut out of the HBO series entirely: Lady Stoneheart.

After Martin posted his cover image from the 2017 issue of the Chinese Esquire , A Song of Ice and Fire blogger BryndenBFishposted some loose translations to Reddit. While Google Translate doesn’t exactly capture the precise content or context of Martin’s answers, there are a few clear insights into The Winds of Winter.

The biggest is Martin’s description of Lady Stoneheart, which he describes as the biggest change from the book series to the HBO adaptation, our first indication the character is destined for big things in The Winds of Winter. “After Catelyn’s resurrection, it was Lady Stoneheart who became a vengeful and merciless killer,” Martin said, in approximate translation. “I still continue to write her. She is an important part of the entire book.”

Yeap, that must be the one. This must be considered in considering the future of Jaime and Brienne...

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Did anyone think Winds was really coming out this year?  Anyone? 

Look back at some of the online responses to his Feb statement that F&B would be out before WInds...some people were insisting 2018 was still in play, and his statement didn't mean anything.

So yes, some people still had hope in their heart.  I'm delighted to see GRRM murder it.  It's my fave entertainment in lieu of a new book from him, actually.  That fake history nonsense cannot compare.  The online response to this "bombshell" should keep me entertained for days.  

29 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Look back at some of the online responses to his Feb statement that F&B would be out before WInds...some people were insisting 2018 was still in play, and his statement didn't mean anything.

So yes, some people still had hope in their heart.  I'm delighted to see GRRM murder it.  It's my fave entertainment in lieu of a new book from him, actually.  That fake history nonsense cannot compare.  The online response to this "bombshell" should keep me entertained for days.  

I also find the bitter tears of the perennial optimists on GRRM kind of enjoyable sometimes, given how over the top so much of the optimism has been.  Good for him, now I don't have to hear these insane predictions that George can still put Winds out in 2018 for another 7 months,

1 hour ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

GRRM did say that is was possible for F&B and TWoW to come out this year. A small chance for sure, but enough to keep my hopes alive at least. :(

Archived