NFL 2016 Offseason: THIS Is The Year!

Jace, Extat

7 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Jerry FUCKING Jones is a finalist for the football HoF 2017 class...

http://pro32.ap.org/article/jerry-jones-tagliabue-among-2017-hall-fame-finalists?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

This will not do. THIS SIMPLY WILL NOT DO. How do we prevent this travesty?

Personality aside, how does he not qualify?

Took a struggling franchise and won 3 super bowls. Took that franchise from the bottoms to the most valuable in all of sports, at 4 billion!!!! The next closest NFL team is New England, who BTW have been the most successful team on the field for a decade now, at 3.2 billion.  All of this while middling at .500 record the last twenty years.

He got the NFL into the 21st century by looking for and sourcing new revenue streams. The rise in the Cowboys value has a positive effect on the value of the other teams as well. He is extremely active amongst owners trying to grow the NFL, not liked by a lot of them, but active.

I will state this I am a Cowboys fan, always have been. Hated it when he and Jimmy ruined the team in 93 and hate Jerry's ego, but that doesn't mean the other things he has done for the NFL go away. Personally I don't know if he is liked enough to get in.

10 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Jerry FUCKING Jones is a finalist for the football HoF 2017 class...

http://pro32.ap.org/article/jerry-jones-tagliabue-among-2017-hall-fame-finalists?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

This will not do. THIS SIMPLY WILL NOT DO. How do we prevent this travesty?

Has he commented yet on which face he'll wear into the Hall of Fame if he gets in? 

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

Personality aside, how does he not qualify?

Took a struggling franchise and won 3 super bowls. Took that franchise from the bottoms to the most valuable in all of sports, at 4 billion!!!! The next closest NFL team is New England, who BTW have been the most successful team on the field for a decade now, at 3.2 billion. All of this while middling at .500 record the last twenty years.

He got the NFL into the 21st century by looking for and sourcing new revenue streams. The rise in the Cowboys value has a positive effect on the value of the other teams as well. He is extremely active amongst owners trying to grow the NFL, not liked by a lot of them, but active.

I will state this I am a Cowboys fan, always have been. Hated it when he and Jimmy ruined the team in 93 and hate Jerry's ego, but that doesn't mean the other things he has done for the NFL go away. Personally I don't know if he is liked enough to get in.

You answered your own question.........twice.

3 things:

1. The Ohio State Buckeyes suck 

2&3. Both Cedar Pointe and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are both better destinations than the Pro Football HOF.......Especially Cedar Pointe which makes Six Flags, Disney, Knottsberry and Universal all look like collective shitholes, ive been to all of them and Ohio simply has THE preeminent amusement park in the U.S. probably the World actually. Anyways leave the bloody thing (HOF) in Canton even if its, at best, only the 3rd or 4th best Ohio destination.

3. And it bares repeating the Buckeyes suck.

39 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

You answered your own question.........twice.

No, those things don't mean he wouldn't qualify for a vote. One just shows how good of business an he is and the other, well, lots of people have ego's that can get in the way.

11 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

3 things:

1. The Ohio State Buckeyes suck 

2&3. Both Cedar Pointe and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are both better destinations than the Pro Football HOF.......Especially Cedar Pointe which makes Six Flags, Disney, Knottsberry and Universal all look like collective shitholes, ive been to all of them and Ohio simply has THE preeminent amusement park in the U.S. probably the World actually. Anyways leave the bloody thing (HOF) in Canton even if its, at best, only the 3rd or 4th best Ohio destination.

3. And it bares repeating the Buckeyes suck.

Agree with all! I just try not to bag on the Buckeyes since Michigan can't seem to beat them.

I would just say this in regard to Jerruh. In terms of spending money on talent and such, he's an owner you wouldn't mind having for your franchise.

In terms of just about everything else, he's kind of a posterboy for what's wrong with the NFL. A billionaire who requires excessive funds from the community to build a monolithic stadium. A guy who can't keep his hands off the football side of the operation. An embarrassment in terms of PR when it comes to the controversial topics (CTE, woman beating players, and the like). The guy is a complete tool, and I don't think he belongs within Hail Mary distance of the Hall.

45 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Universal is better than Cedar Point simply because they air condition their fucking lines.  Going to Cedar Point in the summer is damn near unbearable because the lines seem designed to feed off human misery rather than to make people comfortable.  

31 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It's so cute when parts of Ohio shit on other parts of Ohio. It's like the human centipede of shitty parts of a state. 

With Cleveland as the end of course.

It's glorious, isn't it!

51 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It's so cute when parts of Ohio shit on other parts of Ohio. It's like the human centipede of shitty parts of a state. 

With Cleveland as the end of course.

Cleveland is the middle. That's the only place worse than the end.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I would just say this in regard to Jerruh. In terms of spending money on talent and such, he's an owner you wouldn't mind having for your franchise.

In terms of just about everything else, he's kind of a posterboy for what's wrong with the NFL. A billionaire who requires excessive funds from the community to build a monolithic stadium. A guy who can't keep his hands off the football side of the operation. An embarrassment in terms of PR when it comes to the controversial topics (CTE, woman beating players, and the like). The guy is a complete tool, and I don't think he belongs within Hail Mary distance of the Hall.

I hate Jerruh with a bright passion that has never diminished. I have worked for him before, and he is as cheap as they come. I hate what he has done to my beloved football team, and I hate that stupid looking monstrosity he calls a stadium. 

Having said this. You can't talk about the story of football for the last 30 years without bringing his name up. Of course he should be in the HoF. There isn't another owner close to him.

1 minute ago, Howdyphillip said:

I hate Jerruh with a bright passion that has never diminished. I have worked for him before, and he is as cheap as they come. I hate what he has done to my beloved football team, and I hate that stupid looking monstrosity he calls a stadium. 

Having said this. You can't talk about the story of football for the last 30 years without bringing his name up. Of course he should be in the HoF. There isn't another owner close to him.

I guess if being a world class heel qualifies you. I don't know. He seems like an embarrassment to me.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

Universal is better than Cedar Point simply because they air condition their fucking lines.  Going to Cedar Point in the summer is damn near unbearable because the lines seem designed to feed off human misery rather than to make people comfortable.  

My house has AC so is it in the running too? I will say, Cedar Point does a pitiful job at cooling people, but the rest of it far outweighs that.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

My house has AC so is it in the running too? I will say, Cedar Point does a pitiful job at cooling people, but the rest of it far outweighs that.

Your house doesn't have awesome rides like Universal.  You ever been to Islands of Adventure?  That park is legit.  The Spider-Man ride is the best theme park ride I've ever been on, and there are plenty of other good options like the Hulk coaster and the Dueling Dragons (which I think is now the Harry Potter ride but not sure).  It's not as if Universal is some shitty park with no rides.  It has some great rides.  

Cedar Point has more great coasters, to be sure, but at the ripe age of 31, if I'm going to a theme park, I'd rather spend the day being moderately comfortable while waiting in two hour lines than wanting to kill myself and dying of dehydration like I would at Cedar Point.

Archived