NFL 2016 Offseason: THIS Is The Year!

Jace, Extat

The main beef I have with Universal (and this is Hollywood I'm talking about, I've never been to the Florida version) is so many of their rides are cut from the same prototype. That is a car or cart that just kind of jerks back and forth to a video/audio accompaniment. Transformers/Simpsons/Despicable Me are all basically the same ride with a different backdrop.   

7 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

It's glorious, isn't it!

Oh please. Pennsylvania is an absolute shit hole compared to Ohio. We took a trip to the Pocono Mountains earlier this summer, what a dump. Terrible food everywhere we went, and it looked like The People of Walmart website. The worst of all was the ridiculous alcohol laws. I couldn't wait to get back to a normal state by the end of the week. :P

19 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Jerry FUCKING Jones is a finalist for the football HoF 2017 class...

http://pro32.ap.org/article/jerry-jones-tagliabue-among-2017-hall-fame-finalists?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

This will not do. THIS SIMPLY WILL NOT DO. How do we prevent this travesty?

Do execs and coaches take slots away from players?

32 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Oh please. Pennsylvania is an absolute shit hole compared to Ohio. We took a trip to the Pocono Mountains earlier this summer, what a dump. Terrible food everywhere we went, and it looked like The People of Walmart website. The worst of all was the ridiculous alcohol laws. I couldn't wait to get back to a normal state by the end of the week. :P

I never go out east, the rank of Philadelphia has ruined that half of the state. I liken it to going to Chernobyl :D

14 hours ago, briantw said:

Your house doesn't have awesome rides like Universal.  You ever been to Islands of Adventure?  That park is legit.  The Spider-Man ride is the best theme park ride I've ever been on, and there are plenty of other good options like the Hulk coaster and the Dueling Dragons (which I think is now the Harry Potter ride but not sure).  It's not as if Universal is some shitty park with no rides.  It has some great rides.  

Cedar Point has more great coasters, to be sure, but at the ripe age of 31, if I'm going to a theme park, I'd rather spend the day being moderately comfortable while waiting in two hour lines than wanting to kill myself and dying of dehydration like I would at Cedar Point.

See that's the thing, I have no interest in a theme park. If I go it's only for the rides.

19 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

Having said this. You can't talk about the story of football for the last 30 years without bringing his name up. Of course he should be in the HoF. There isn't another owner close to him.

He should be in the hall.  But I respectfully submit there is one owner who should be there first.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/08/16/jerry-jones-going-into-the-hall-of-fame-over-pat-bowlen-is-ridiculous/

@Mexal

Time to hit the panic button yet? These injuries are out of control. WJIII, Billings, Lafell, Ogbuehi, Alford, Eifert, Kroft, Dennard, and now Fisher. Granted some of these guys are rookies and weren't going to play a lot anyway, but it seems like we can't go a day or two without another injury. 

Also, Mike Nugent has to go. What an awful preseason he's having. On the bright side Boyd looks really good so far. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

@Mexal

Time to hit the panic button yet? These injuries are out of control. WJIII, Billings, Lafell, Ogbuehi, Alford, Eifert, Kroft, Dennard, and now Fisher. Granted some of these guys are rookies and weren't going to play a lot anyway, but it seems like we can't go a day or two without another injury. 

Also, Mike Nugent has to go. What an awful preseason he's having. On the bright side Boyd looks really good so far. 

Agreed on Nugent. I don't trust him.

Also agreed on the injuries. Hate it more than anything, especially to young players as I think rookie to 2nd year is where you can expect one of the biggest jumps and we're losing that from two expected contributors. That's what has happened with Dennard and it looks to be happening with Ogbuehi too. At least only WJ3 and Billings are long term injuries. Everyone else should be back, even if it takes a few games for them to play well. Problem there is our schedule is the hardest of any team for the first half of the season. Blah. At least Green/Boyd looks good...

Y'know, weird as it might sound because of how doubtful I am about their postseason abilities, I have all the faith in the world in Marvin Lewis to keep the Bengals on track for the division unless Dalton and Green both went down.

If I wasn't working I'd check to confirm, but I feel like outside of the occasional weird Browning or late-night debacle the Bengals beat the teams their supposed to beat. And that's basically the litmus test for a quality squad and more than can be said of the Steelers.

7 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Y'know, weird as it might sound because of how doubtful I am about their postseason abilities, I have all the faith in the world in Marvin Lewis to keep the Bengals on track for the division unless Dalton and Green both went down.

If I wasn't working I'd check to confirm, but I feel like outside of the occasional weird Browning or late-night debacle the Bengals beat the teams their supposed to beat. And that's basically the litmus test for a quality squad and more than can be said of the Steelers.

Yea they do and I think they will this year, even with all their injuries so far. The team is pretty solid and a D with Atkins/Dunlap/Burfict and an O with Dalton/Green/Hill/Bernard is enough to do some damage. It'd just be better with their last 4 first round picks...

So, it appears as if Josh Brown, the giants fucking KICKER, is BY FAR the worst domestic abuser out of anyone we've heard in the league, which includes Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Junior Galette etc.  Roger Goodell and co. felt a ONE GAME SUSPENSION was in line, in part because the victim (his wife) is too terrified to agree to an interview.

What in the actual fuck.  How is it possible to be this incompetent? How is this not getting more media traction, this is insane.

47 minutes ago, sperry said:

So, it appears as if Josh Brown, the giants fucking KICKER, is BY FAR the worst domestic abuser out of anyone we've heard in the league, which includes Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Junior Galette etc.  Roger Goodell and co. felt a ONE GAME SUSPENSION was in line, in part because the victim (his wife) is too terrified to agree to an interview.

What in the actual fuck.  How is it possible to be this incompetent? How is this not getting more media traction, this is insane.

He's a white kicker that basically nobody cares about so it's just swept under the rug. Wish Giants would just cut him, but of course not.

2 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

He's a white kicker that basically nobody cares about so it's just swept under the rug. Wish Giants would just cut him, but of course not.

Seems like the easiest guy to make a statement with. 

10 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

It does. My answer was more for the media side of it. I have no idea, along with everybody else, why the NFL is going so easy on him.

They're too busy chasing real villains, like the guys who won't cooperate with the league investigation into the Al Jazeera PED story. A domestic abuser is terrible, of course, but they have to concentrate on the sick monsters who flout Goodell's authority.

4 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

What's the problem? I'm glad repeated violators of the drug policy can get reduced sentences on appeal. It's not like he did something really awful, like being generally aware of a conspiracy to deflate balls that weren't deflated.

Archived