NFL 2016 Offseason: THIS Is The Year!

Jace, Extat

On 8/17/2016 at 5:15 PM, Nictarion said:

Oh please. Pennsylvania is an absolute shit hole compared to Ohio. We took a trip to the Pocono Mountains earlier this summer, what a dump. Terrible food everywhere we went, and it looked like The People of Walmart website. The worst of all was the ridiculous alcohol laws. I couldn't wait to get back to a normal state by the end of the week. :P

So where did you end up going at the end of the week?  Maryland?

:)

On 8/17/2016 at 5:53 PM, Joe Pesci said:

I never go out east, the rank of Philadelphia has ruined that half of the state. I liken it to going to Chernobyl :D

What they say about pennsylvania:

Pittsburgh in the west, Philadelphia in the East, Alabama in the middle.

spoiiler alert:  I'm from the middle.

7 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

What's the problem? I'm glad repeated violators of the drug policy can get reduced sentences on appeal. It's not like he did something really awful, like being generally aware of a conspiracy to deflate balls that weren't deflated.

It's never the crime, it's the cover-up that nails you.

33 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

They're too busy chasing real villains, like the guys who won't cooperate with the league investigation into the Al Jazeera PED story. A domestic abuser is terrible, of course, but they have to concentrate on the sick monsters who flout Goodell's authority.

I was gonna thank you for not bringing up deflate-gate, then I went to the next page.

8 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

I was gonna thank you for not bringing up deflate-gate, then I went to the next page.

It's all of a piece. Now that Goodell's authority to do whatever the fuck he wants on player discipline has been upheld, he's going to use it. And he's shown that he comes down hardest on failure to respect his authoritah.

Besides, if you were going to thank me... wouldn't that have been bringing it up?

13 hours ago, Swordfish said:

What they say about pennsylvania:

Pittsburgh in the west, Philadelphia in the East, Alabama in the middle.

spoiiler alert:  I'm from the middle.

I first heard that line when the Penn State scandal blew up and read that Joe Paterno ruled the area like Boss Hogg ruled Hazard county. :P

In other news, I've been trying REALLY, REALLY hard not to get all excited about how good Dak Prescott has looked. It's just preseason, but damn!

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:13 AM, Trebla said:

I first heard that line when the Penn State scandal blew up and read that Joe Paterno ruled the area like Boss Hogg ruled Hazard county. :P

In other news, I've been trying REALLY, REALLY hard not to get all excited about how good Dak Prescott has looked. It's just preseason, but damn!

I came to this thread to say the same thing. I mean, yeah it's preseason but damn he looks good. As of now, I am ecstatic they didn't trade for some other pos back up qb. I'd like to see them trade Doug Free to Seattle for their disgruntled DL man...

Holy shit, I wasn't paying attention, but Josh Brown seems like one of the biggest pieces of shit in the NFL.

I guess they went easy on him because there's no video or pictures of bruises.

But I mean, are they really that confident that no pictures or bruises will come out? And are they really going out on a limb for a kicker?

I don't like to cry racism, but the only reason I can think of is that he's white.

22 hours ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

Holy shit, I wasn't paying attention, but Josh Brown seems like one of the biggest pieces of shit in the NFL.

I guess they went easy on him because there's no video or pictures of bruises.

But I mean, are they really that confident that no pictures or bruises will come out? And are they really going out on a limb for a kicker?

I don't like to cry racism, but the only reason I can think of is that he's white.

You can accuse the league of a lot of stuff, but racism isn't one of them. They've got a very long history of not punishing anyone correctly for domestic violence.

On August 20, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Trebla said:

Looks like he always did against Kentucky... :crying: 

On 8/19/2016 at 7:23 PM, DanteGabriel said:

What's the problem? I'm glad repeated violators of the drug policy can get reduced sentences on appeal. It's not like he did something really awful, like being generally aware of a conspiracy to deflate balls that weren't deflated.

6 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Ruhroh!!! Did the Browns make up the 'teams are interested in Josh Gordon' story to get teams interested in Josh Gordon?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/24/browns-may-have-planted-gordon-trade-story-to-drum-up-interest/

Teams leak false rumors all the time to drum up interest in players.  Hell, in the NBA you can make a career off of being the media guy a team uses to leak fake info.  Not sure why this would be newsworthy. 

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

Teams leak false rumors all the time to drum up interest in players.  Hell, in the NBA you can make a career off of being the media guy a team uses to leak fake info.  Not sure why this would be newsworthy. 

Cause The Factory of Sadness has been welling up with way too much hope lately. RGIII looks great, Josh Gordon is reinstated, the rookies look promising, etc, etc. That bubble has to burst.

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Cause The Factory of Sadness has been welling up with way too much hope lately. RGIII looks great, Josh Gordon is reinstated, the rookies look promising, etc, etc. That bubble has to burst.

Exactly.  If it weren't the Browns no one would have even given it a second glance.

16 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Chargers and Bust Bosa "negotiations" seem like they're about to reach critical mass...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/joey-bosa-rejects-chargers-best-offer-now-what-190556983.html

Even the Browns are laughing at this disaster.

I am so glad that he wasn't available when Dallas was drafting. I say that now, and he will go on to HOF career

Archived