who's the most underrated actor/actress on the show?

INCBlackbird

I thought Julian Glover was pretty good as Pycelle and I don't see him mentioned often enough. He always made the most of his screen time and often turned in comedic gold, as Pycelle remained equal parts pathetic and infuriating in his brown nosing. 

Even in the finale I had to laugh at his swift dismissal of the prostitute ("Later, go away!"), and his sudden frown when seeing Qyburn. 

Not sure if he can be really classes as underrated but Charles Dance portrayed Tywin so well and he's a one of many characters that I miss from earlier seasons. I also think Richard Madden was excellent at playing Robb Stark and brought him to life really well, I liked how he gave Robb more of a personality because  we don't really get to know him as he is only really seen through Catelyn's chapters, while in the series he is a major character.

Lots of people who deserve it have already gotten media attention and good mentions, so these are just some I think could use more love:

- Natalie Dormer: I don't know of anyone who could play Marge better. She is Marge. She slinks around like her and talks like her and smiles like her.

- Stephan Dillane(Stannis): He does get mentioned but less than he deserves, I think. Stephan Dillane is perfect in this role. You can even see his jaw working like Stannis gnashing his teeth. And when you contrast that with the other roles he's played, he's almost unrecognizable ...

- Paul Kaye (Thoros of Myr): So much fun, and occasional gravitas. Of course it's a good role but he brings it to life. 

- David Bradley (Walder Frey): I know he doesn't need any more plaudits than he's already gotten but he is such a grotesque, perfect Lord Walder. I wish we could have seen him & Lady Olenna throw barbs at each other. 

- Sibel Kikelli: I actually liked her Shae and she made me prefer her version over bookShae. Which I think is worth something. 

- Roger Ashton-Griffiths (Mace Tyrell): He made us like Mace, the bumbling oaf.  

- Tom Wlaschiha (Jaqen H'gar): Needs an honorable mention for best low voice. 

11 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Alfie Allen

Theon has been the most consistently best played character throughout the series.  The arc and range of Allen makes every scene one of the most interesting to watch.

yes! this!! Alfie is amazing! Actually, because he gets so little recognition for his acting (I guess because people aren't particularly fond of Theon as a character) a friend and I are doing a petition to support his acting, and we'll be giving him the results when we meet him in august, to show him that there are a bunch of people out there who are really fond of his acting. So if you're interested, sign here:  http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/alfie-allen-acting-appreciation-project

I also want to second the people who said David Bradley, he's really good!! I'm impressed with quite a lot of actors in GOT though, it's one of the best things about the show in my opinion. Finn Jones was also amazing. and Eugene Simon is one of my favorites as well.

First, I guess this depends on each person's understanding of under-rated.  Eliminating all Emmy nods, I agree with Liam Cunningham.  I believe Davos, I believe I know him and can predict what he will do or think.  That means the actor has fully inhabited the character so I pick him.

2 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

Are we talking about based on fanforums and internet ..if so then iam going to go with Emilia Clarke ...she may not be Meryl streep or even Lena but she is not really that bad as internet portrays.. 

:agree:

I find her season 2 acting, which gets a lot of criticism,  very good overall.  Dany was at where she has a lot of potential but is still very young and needs to learn a lot, and I thought Emilia did a very good job conveying that.

Kristian Nairn. With one word we saw and felt a diverse array of emotions from him. Silly Hodor echoing his name in the well brought us joy, devastated Hodor looking down at Locke's body brought us sadness. It's easy to overlook him because of how easy the role seem. Carry this tiny kid and say the character's name over and over. But I think he's given one of the most touching and genuine performances on the show.

Archived