Is Dawn Lightbringer?

Nymeria Pao

I know there is a split between Jon or Dany being AA.  But no matter who AA is (I am leaning towards Jon at this point,) I think there is enough evidence to show that Dawn is Lightbringer.  If that is true how will Jon/Dany get Dawn?  If the Septa with fAegon is Ashara Dayne, could she have Lightbringer with her?  And maybe give it to fAegon who then loses it to Jon or Dany?  If this is a topic already discussed please post the link for me! 

5 minutes ago, Nymeria Pao said:

If the Septa with fAegon is Ashara Dayne, could she have Lightbringer with her? 

First we know that Dawn is at Starfall and second there is no way that Lemore is Ashara.

Other than that I believe that  original Ice became Lightbringer and after LN1.0 it became Dawn.

42 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

First we know that Dawn is at Starfall and second there is no way that Lemore is Ashara.

Other than that I believe that  original Ice became Lightbringer and after LN1.0 it became Dawn.

Thanks!  Just read your post. Thought it was fantastic.  Gave me a few thoughts.  I def think that the original Ice could very well be Dawn!   But am not 100% on board that Dawn isn't lightbringer.  And even if Dawn is still at Starfall fAegon could get it.  Isn't he in Dorne?  How hard would it be to go get it? 

Why couldn't Lemore be Ashara? 

My tinfoily hope is that Darkstar is the Sword of the Evening, already has the sword, it's not called Dawn in his hands but rather Dusk and it's not pale white but black as night. The sword that fans hope to be in the hands of a great hero ends up being the sword of a villain..

5 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Because if she was Tyrion would had noticed her haunting violet eyes and because a woman in mid 30s isn't handsome, a woman in late 40s is handsome.

You are probably right.  But Tyrion didn't notice young Griff's eye color at first.  His dyed hair masked the color of his eyes.  Couldn't the Septa's brown hair be dyed?  And in response to that her eyes might have been masked? 

Ugh.  I am probably barking up the wrong tree.  Lol.  But I would really like it (seems to tie GRRM's hints together) if Dawn was Lightbringer.  Will search more in the older posts. 

3 minutes ago, OuttaOldtown said:

My tinfoily hope is that Darkstar is the Sword of the Evening, already has the sword, it's not called Dawn in his hands but rather Dusk and it's not pale white but black as night. The sword that fans hope to be in the hands of a great hero ends up being the sword of a villain..

Wow!  I hope you are not right.  Lol.  But am not sure he is actually a villain.  He is a Dayne.  Maybe he "knows" that fAegon is coming and wanted to get Myrcella out of the way?  He kinda reminded me of the Rouge Prince in his description. 

Just now, Nymeria Pao said:

You are probably right.  But Tyrion didn't notice young Griff's eye color at first.  His dyed hair masked the color of his eyes.  Couldn't the Septa's brown hair be dyed?  And in response to that her eyes might have been masked? 

Ashara's hairs were already black and her eyes like her beauty are legendary . A man like Tyrion would had mentioned something more about her beauty and her eyes.

3 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Ashara's hairs were already black and her eyes like her beauty are legendary . A man like Tyrion would had mentioned something more about her beauty and her eyes.

You are correct.  I don't know why I thought she had slivery hair. 

2 hours ago, Nymeria Pao said:

Wow!  I hope you are not right.  Lol.  But am not sure he is actually a villain.  He is a Dayne.  Maybe he "knows" that fAegon is coming and wanted to get Myrcella out of the way?  He kinda reminded me of the Rouge Prince in his description. 

There's been Swords of the Mornings and of the Evening, Vorian Dayne being the example in TWoIaF, being a Dayne shouldn't mean you're automatically good, I think it would be a twist that is set up by the polarization of the Morningstar/Eveningstar concept. I've read some theories that he will be one of Aegon's kings guards but there's no solid proof. Something I noticed in the Queenmaker is they arrive and encounter him at dusk and the lame "I am the night" is suggesting he either is the SotE or is aspiring to be..

1 hour ago, OuttaOldtown said:

There's been Swords or the Mornings and of the Evening, Vorian Dayne being the example in TWoIaF, being a Dayne shouldn't mean you're automatically good, I think it would be a twist that is set up by the polarization of the Morningstar/Eveningstar concept. I've read some theories that he will be one of Aegon's kings guards but there's no solid proof. Something I noticed in the Queenmaker is they arrive and encounter him at dusk and the lane "I am the night" is suggesting he either is the SotE or is aspiring to be..

Am pulling out TWoiaf right now to reread the Dayne section!

6 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Unlikely. The Daynes are one of the oldest families in Westeros, and have been at Starfall from the beginning, along with Dawn. It is part of their origin story.

Just now, tugela said:

Unlikely. The Daynes are one of the oldest families in Westeros, and have been at Starfall from the beginning, along with Dawn. It is part of their origin story.

I know. That doesn't mean that all of them stayed there. If that was the case Dorne would had been named "Starfall".

6 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I know. That doesn't mean that all of them stayed there. If that was the case Dorne would had been named "Starfall".

I'm sorry you lost me there.  What are you implying by saying not all of them stayed there?  If all the Dayne's stayed in Starfall?  Or are you saying the Daynes populated all of Westeros?  Or are you saying the Starks are really Daynes.  I can go with Dawn being the original Ice but not more than that.  And I still think Dawn is Lightbringer. 

11 hours ago, OuttaOldtown said:

There's been Swords of the Mornings and of the Evening, Vorian Dayne being the example in TWoIaF, being a Dayne shouldn't mean you're automatically good, I think it would be a twist that is set up by the polarization of the Morningstar/Eveningstar concept. I've read some theories that he will be one of Aegon's kings guards but there's no solid proof. Something I noticed in the Queenmaker is they arrive and encounter him at dusk and the lame "I am the night" is suggesting he either is the SotE or is aspiring to be..

I wasn't implying that because he was a Dayne that he was good. I just meant that the Daynes probably knew that fAegon was close.  A way for him to get Dawn.

Was Vorian Dayne the one Nymeria sent to the wall?  

I'm still in the mind set, the more I read and reread, that Dawn is a great candidate for Lightbringer.  I mean the way it is described, it looks like no Valyrian sword but has all the properties of a Valyrian sword.  And the milky white blade... I can see it (in my minds eye) light up in flames. And bc it looks like ice it could be ice and fire. 

I looked at that book Maester Aemon left me. The Jade Compendium. The pages that told of Azor Ahai. Lightbringer was his sword. Tempered with his wife’s blood if Votar can be believed. Thereafter Lightbringer was never cold to the touch, but warm as Nissa Nissa had been warm. In battle the blade burned fiery hot. Once Azor Ahai fought a monster. When he thrust the sword through the belly of the beast, its blood began to boil. Smoke and steam poured from its mouth, its eyes melted and dribbled down its cheeks, and its body burst into flame.

A Dance with Dragons.

There is a reason. A dragon is no slave.” And Dany swept the lash down as hard as she could across the slaver’s face. Kraznys screamed and staggered back, the blood running red down his cheeks into his perfumed beard. The harpy’s fingers had torn his features half to pieces with one slash, but she did not pause to contemplate the ruin. “Drogon,” she sang out loudly, sweetly, all her fear forgotten. “Dracarys.”

The black dragon spread his wings and roared.

A lance of swirling dark flame took Kraznys full in the face. His eyes melted and ran down his cheeks, and the oil in his hair and beard burst so fiercely into fire that for an instant the slaver wore a burning crown twice as tall as his head.

A Storm of Swords .

Whenever I see someone speak of Lightbringer ..I wonder 2 things..

1) how many actually know about the above quotes 

2) if that was something related with Jon ..iam sure it would have been taken as undeniable proof.

Archived