"Ballsiest" moves of series

My initial thought was Oberyn too, but Oberyn wanted to fight Gregor, and then he completely botched it by grandstanding. I love Oberyn, so I'm not denying his actions were ballsy, but they were also idiotic, and also unnecessary. Brandon was also idiotic ballsy. 

So I have to go with Donal Noye holding the gate against a giant. A one-armed man taking on a giant. And not just any giant, but Mag the Mighty. 

There are a ton of small, but super ballsy, moments in the series though. Wylla Manderly calling out everyone else at the Merman's Court. Lyanna Mormont mouthing off to Stannis, albeit in a letter. Sandor Clegane stepping in when his brother was going to murder Loras. Sandor going back into the mob to save Sansa. 

24 minutes ago, Eden-Mackenzie said:

So I have to go with Donal Noye holding the gate against a giant. A one-armed man taking on a giant. And not just any giant, but Mag the Mighty. 

Agreed. This should be on every Night's Watch recruiting poster. Donal Noye killed a giant with one arm. What can you do?

5 hours ago, Hos the Hostage said:

Stannis's men charging across the bridge of ships.

The way I read it.... They didn't have a choice as they would have surely sunk. The bridge actually surprised Tyrion and *paraphrasing* Tyrion said of course that would happen to him after he already more than did his part.

Wasn't that ballsy so much as necessary 

5 hours ago, Rob Storm said:

Littlefinger shoving Lysa in the Vale.  He was always so calculated until then and had to do some serious maneuvering with Marillion and Corbray or all he had worked for would have been for nothing.  

I  agree that was completely out of character for him. ( even though keeping Lysa alive would've been just as dangerous for his plan) I'm actually  going for the Neaor Royce finds Sansa's shoe. I could see Sansa keeping the one shoe that would be the only connection back to her 

7 hours ago, Eden-Mackenzie said:

My initial thought was Oberyn too, but Oberyn wanted to fight Gregor, and then he completely botched it by grandstanding. I love Oberyn, so I'm not denying his actions were ballsy, but they were also idiotic, and also unnecessary. Brandon was also idiotic ballsy. 

There are a ton of small, but super ballsy, moments in the series though. Wylla Manderly calling out everyone else at the Merman's Court. Lyanna Mormont mouthing off to Stannis, albeit in a letter. Sandor Clegane stepping in when his brother was going to murder Loras. Sandor going back into the mob to save Sansa. 

The word ballsy has an idiodic connotation. No one is just brave for the f of it. It's all ulterior motives. Judging the wisdom of those actions is a completely different issue. Im talking don't give a shit I'll do what the hell I want ballsy 

1 hour ago, Nocturne said:

Even though Oberyn had a good reason to want to fight the Mountain, it takes some gigantic balls to actually stand in a arena across somebody that huge and fast (for his size)..so he gets my vote.

I agree people always forget that at his dimensions with armor that's like fighting a man the size of a freaking Prius who could  Lift a Prius. 

11 hours ago, Eden-Mackenzie said:

I was wrong on my own thread. Noye sacrificing himself to hold the gate against the most famous giant still alive (at the time) definitely takes the cake

Archived