Emmy Awards 2016: Nominations

HexMachina

Here are the nominees

Some good some not so good. Nice to see Tatiana nominated, and some recognition for The Americans (Incannot properly judge that since I've only watched season 1 and 2, but I know a few were hoping for this). 

Also good to see Mr. Robot make it onto the nominations. 

Surprised to see no Orange is the New Black on there.

And, as I'm sure anyone who knows me can guess, I'm disappointed Penny Dreadful only got nominations for the prosthetics, hairstyle and music, and none for acting 

9 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Here are the nominees

Some good some not so good. Nice to see Tatiana nominated, and some recognition for The Americans (Incannot properly judge that since I've only watched season 1 and 2, but I know a few were hoping for this). 

Also good to see Mr. Robot make it onto the nominations. 

Surprised to see no Orange is the New Black on there.

And, as I'm sure anyone who knows me can guess, I'm disappointed Penny Dreadful only got nominations for the prosthetics, hairstyle and music, and none for acting 

Same for Black Sails. Just a couple of noms for sound and visual effects.

And holy crap, GoT actors getting a lot of love. Kit and Maisie now on the list with the others. Peter Dinklage is basically a default nomination by now, whether deserved or not.

Slightly disappointed with the nominations for music in the drama series though I approve with the noms for Penny Dreadful, Mr. Robot and Limitless, the latter two incorporating some creative themes in their scores, and the former being just wonderful. But again no Black Sails, no Outlander, and this time no GoT, despite Djawadi's work being consistently great for the last two seasons.

There's also Margo Martindale (The Americans) for best guest actor, hope she wins, she's also amazing. I wonder if I missed it, but I didn't see Frank Langela and he should definitely be there! 

ETA: I didn't miss it, Langela wasn't nominated. :(

5 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Same for Black Sails. Just a couple of noms for sound and visual effects.

And holy crap, GoT actors getting a lot of love. Kit and Maisie now on the list with the others. Peter Dinklage is basically a default nomination by now, whether deserved or not.

Slightly disappointed with the nominations for music in the drama series though I approve with the noms for Penny Dreadful, Mr. Robot and Limitless, the latter two incorporating some creative themes in their scores, and the former being just wonderful. But again no Black Sails, no Outlander, and this time no GoT, despite Djawadi's work being consistently great for the last two seasons.

Haha yeah not sure what Dinklage did to deserve a nom but as you said he's pretty much a shoo-in every year for some reason. 

Agree about Djawadi. Hard to feel bad for any GoT snubs after the undeserving wins last year but Djawadi was particularly awesome this season. 

So EXCITED for Maisie! Her first Emmy nomination. GoT first submitted her for noms in this category when she was 12 years old. I am so happy for her!!!!

Maisie just released this official statement to the media:

I am so grateful to be a part of Game of Thrones, so to be nominated for an Emmy is beyond words, but I would like to say thank you to George for creating such an amazing character and to Dan, David and everyone associated with the show who bring Arya to life.

@HelenaExMachina, stealing my topics, now :D

First thing first... GoT... Wow, that is a love, if there ever was one. I am really not sure how excited I am regarding Clarke and Williams (I am glad latter was nominated for her sake alone), since there are many actresses I would have chosen before them (Christine Baranski, where are you, God damnit!!!) Harington was great, but there were again so many others who deserved that slot. I made my peace with Dinklage being name checker of the category.

As for the others... Thank God and all the saints on The Americans. Absolutely deserved and long time overdue. 

Sad for Julianna Margulies and Christine Baranski... 

Overall, the usual name checking popular vote...

My how times have changed. Hardly any of the big three networks have any nominations in the main categories.

Emilia getting nominated, yeah no. I love her and all but no.

Maisie, I am happier for her and would vote her ahead of Emilia.

Apparently I need to watch the Americans.

4 hours ago, Risto said:

@HelenaExMachina, stealing my topics, now :D

First thing first... GoT... Wow, that is a love, if there ever was one. I am really not sure how excited I am regarding Clarke and Williams (I am glad latter was nominated for her sake alone), since there are many actresses I would have chosen before them (Christine Baranski, where are you, God damnit!!!) Harington was great, but there were again so many others who deserved that slot. I made my peace with Dinklage being name checker of the category.

As for the others... Thank God and all the saints on The Americans. Absolutely deserved and long time overdue. 

Sad for Julianna Margulies and Christine Baranski... 

Overall, the usual name checking popular vote...

Snooze you lose my friend :P this is he price of a life outside the forum, deal with it ;) Unsurprised to see Maggie Smith back for one final hurrah.

i can't get over that Penny Dreadful didn't even manage Guest Actress (Patti LuPone) :( 

Glad to see GoT get so many nominations. This season was amazing, and I'd be happy with them cleaning up at the Emmys. 

Would also like to see Veep do well in the Comedy categories. This season was a question mark going in without creator and showrunner Armando Iannucci at the helm, but it didn't miss a beat. Funny as ever. 

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Snooze you lose my friend :P this is he price of a life outside the forum, deal with it ;) Unsurprised to see Maggie Smith back for one final hurrah.

So, this is how it looks like... To be forgotten :D

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Glad to see GoT get so many nominations. This season was amazing, and I'd be happy with them cleaning up at the Emmys. 

The acting nominations is what baffles me the most here. Yeah, the directing, writing, special effect etc was all expected, but the acting noms just show how much Emmys have transformed into the popular vote. I can easily name 5 actresses worthier of a slot than either Clarke or Williams. Same goes for Harington. Except for Heady, I would hate any of them actually getting anything.

23 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Agree about Djawadi. Hard to feel bad for any GoT snubs after the undeserving wins last year but Djawadi was particularly awesome this season. 

This fucking sucks.GoT Season 6 score blows out the rest of the shows right outa the water.

Bates Motel, Chef's Table, Limitless, Minority Report..like really ? fucking really ? <_<:blink:

Meh, it's not as bad as I thought.

Dinklage has clearly hit and passed his high points when he was The Guy in the ensemble and seems to be running on fumes from that time but...okay. Harington is...eh. 

But Limitless, which I was ready to slam even as a fan as an overrated procedural its fans make too much of got a single minor nom, and the mess that is Penny Dreadful mostly got technical categories. 

2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

This fucking sucks.GoT Season 6 score blows out the rest of the shows right outa the water.

Bates Motel, Chef's Table, Limitless, Minority Report..like really ? fucking really ? <_<:blink:

If you look at what was put forward in terms of sound for GOT the decision looks more understandable

Just now, HelenaExMachina said:

If you look at what was put forward in terms of sound for GOT the decision looks more understandable

Where can I find that? I have the season 6 soundtrack, so I'm curious what tracks were put forth for consideration.

Archived