At least 73 killed in Nice, Hundreds injured

Fragile Bird

21 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

So much for the guy being a mentally unstable guy who just snapped.  Investigators say it was premeditated, planned for months in advance, and that he had assistance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/world/europe/attacker-in-nice-plotted-for-months-and-had-accomplices-french-prosecutor-says.html

Shocking. I wonder how the lib echo chamber in here will spin this?

13 minutes ago, Leech Lord said:

Shocking. I wonder how the lib echo chamber in here will spin this?

There's no need to spin. He was clearly planning this for a while. That said, jumping to conclusions without data is still not the right thing to do.

It's also interesting to note that while he did apparently have accomplices it's still not clear that he had any contact with ISIS in any way. Which is a bit more frightening honestly.

On 7/21/2016 at 7:25 AM, DunderMifflin said:

You appear to be agreeing here that there are more factors at play here than just religion.

I think focusing on the religion part and casting everything else aside is a mistake. The day after this attack, obama, hillary clinton, and Trump all agreed or specifically said we are "at war with Islam". 

Not that I'm implying you're wrong here, because i don't know, but I'd love for you to provide some links for this.  because I find it highly dubious based on what we know particularly about the administration's stance on this kind of messaging, that this is the case.

Archived