Jaime wielding Dawn?

LordImp

22 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

No. Dawn belongs to the Daynes and for Jaime to take it he will have to steal it.

In the end i think Dawn will belong to Jon , Dayne or not. Yes the rule is that a worthy Dayne will be the sword of the morning but Jon will prove himself worthy and become the next sword , Dayne or not.

Pretty sure Darkstar steals Dawn and then maybe Jaime steals it from him and gives it to Jon.

1 minute ago, LordImp said:

In the end i think Dawn will belong to Jon , Dayne or not. Yes the rule is that a worthy Dayne will be the sword of the morning but Jon will prove himself worthy and become the next sword , Dayne or not.

Pretty sure Darkstar steals Dawn and then maybe Jaime steals it from him and gives it to Jon.

I however don't believe that Dawn is something shared is a family heirloom. I don't find the reason why the Daynes should allow someone non Dayne to take Dawn.

I imagine the issue of lineage wouldn't come up until the sword is actually known as Lightbringer and people are aware of the impending long night. In that scenario, it would be pretty selfish to have this awesome, ancient, flaming hero's sword and be like "Check your ID?" when the prophesied one comes to claim it.

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I however don't believe that Dawn is something shared is a family heirloom. I don't find the reason why the Daynes should allow someone non Dayne to take Dawn.

They will find Jon worthy , actually it seems to me that the Daynes are connected to Jon somehow . And which Dayne will wield it? Edric who is a minor character? Darkstar a man of no honour ? Allyria a girl that dosent even have made an appearance ? For me Jon is the most plausible candidate .

Of course it all depends on whether Dawn is important or not .

11 minutes ago, LordImp said:

They will find Jon worthy , actually it seems to me that the Daynes are connected to Jon somehow

Jon's great great great grandmother was a Dayne. I don't think that he counts as a Dayne.

And which Dayne will wield it?

Why Dawn has to be wield?

Edric who is a minor character?

And? Arthur was less than a minor character and he was wielding Dawn.

Darkstar a man of no honour ?

Darkstar is also not a Dayne of Starfall.

For me Jon is the most plausible candidate .

That is your opinion I cannot see it.

2 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Jon's great great great grandmother was a Dayne. I don't think that he counts as a Dayne.

I agree about Jon, Darkstar being of the cadet branch wouldn't seem like something that would disqualify him, I hope he's a Sword of the Evening. I'm one of the few people hoping there's no white knight wielding a white sword, it's such cliche fantasy. ASoIaF is great because it's not the classic good vs. evil tale which we've become accustomed to reading..

Dayne or not , i think Jon will be declared worthy. IMO Jon will be the sword of the morning , probably the firs non Dayne . 

Arthur is dead and dosent count in this discussion . If this story was set to Roberts rebellion Arthur would have been a major one , dont really understand why you compare him and Edric.

Didnt you have a thread about Dawn? And now suddenly you think Dawn is unimportant? 

Just now, LordImp said:

Dayne or not , i think Jon will be declared worthy. IMO Jon will be the sword of the morning , probably the firs non Dayne . 

The point is that Dawn is not a shared heirloom for people who are worthy, it is a heirloom for a Dayne that is worthy.

1 minute ago, LordImp said:

Arthur is dead and dosent count in this discussion . If this story was set to Roberts rebellion Arthur would have been a major one , dont really understand why you compare him and Edric.

Because you said that for some reason a minor character cannot wield Dawn.

2 minutes ago, LordImp said:

Didnt you have a thread about Dawn? And now suddenly you think Dawn is unimportant? 

You mean Original Ice being Lightbringer and Dawn?

The point is that Dawn is not a shared heirloom for people who are worthy, it is a heirloom for a Dayne that is worthy.

Because you said that for some reason a minor character cannot wield Dawn.

You mean Original Ice being Lightbringer and Dawn?

What i think is that they will exclude Jon from the " it must be a Dayne to wield Dawn. Jon will be worthy to wield Dawn and will be excluded from the " Dayne law " . Of course this is pure speculation . 

Just now, LordImp said:

What i think is that they will exclude Jon from the " it must be a Dayne to wield Dawn. Jon will be worthy to wield Dawn and will be excluded from the " Dayne law " . Of course this is pure speculation . 

I may be a die hard Jon fan but I don't see why the Daynes should see him worthy and give him their heirloom of 10000 years.

1 hour ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

I say "yawn". So far, Dawn is just a name. It didn't do anything worth mentioning. No great deeds. No attachment to characters I'm somehow invested in. Bottom line, the author did nothing to make me care about Dawn. So, disciplined reader that I am, I don't give a rat's ass about Dawn, until I'm given some reason.

Lol, it would be some pretty trolling if this supercool ancient blade actually had zero role in the series, right? :D

1 hour ago, The Wolves said:

Jaime is not worthy to wield one of the greatest swords ever. 

Exactly. Which is why having a knight with shit for honour and barely proficient with his left hand actually become the wielder of the epitome for perfect knighthood. 

Though I don't see how we might get Jaime to Dawn in just two books.

1 hour ago, The Wolves said:

And only a Dayne wields Dawn and Jon is not a Dayne. 

I'd say that when facing an ice zombie apocalypse, people shouldn't stick to rules too much.

Archived