The books coming out in 2017

AncalagonTheBlack

Gollancz acquire a brand new, never before seen, novel from the late great David Gemmell

RHYMING RINGS will be available in hardback, ebook and audio download on the 18th May 2017.

Gollancz will also be supporting the publication of RHYMING RINGS by returning to print for the first time in 25 years the long-forgotten WHITE KNIGHT, BLACK SWAN, a crime novel originally published by David Gemmell under the pseudonym Ross Harding. WHITE KNIGHT, BLACK SWAN will be published September 2017.

All Systems Red by Martha Wells - summer 2017
http://www.tor.com/2016/10/25/announcing-the-murderbot-diaries-by-martha-wells/

Tor.com Publishing has acquired two books in a new science fiction series—The Murderbot Diaries—from the brilliant Martha Wells.

All Systems Red is the first book in the series, and it follows a security droid assigned to protect a team of scientists on a new planetary expedition. But when a neighbouring expedition suddenly becomes silent it’s up to the newly self-aware droid and its distinctly unadventurous charges to investigate. But sometimes things are best left alone…

All Systems Red will be published in ebook and trade paperback in summer 2017.

Age of Dread trilogy by Stephen Aryan - October 2017
http://www.orbitbooks.net/2016/10/25/beware-age-dread/

Aryan was recently shortlisted for the David Gemmell award for his debut novel Battlemage, which was followed by Bloodmage and the upcoming Chaosmage.

His new Age of Dread trilogy will be set in the same world as the first trilogy, and, according to Hill, will include "explosive magical duels, big battles and more epic heroes than you can shake a sword at”.

Mushens commented: "Stephen Aryan writes pacy and ambitious fantasy novels which are fast gathering a big fanbase – I can't wait for this new trilogy to recruit even more people to his writing."

Orbit will release the first book in the Age of Dread trilogy in the UK and US in October 2017.

Introducing Dale Lucas’s FIRST WATCH - summer 2017
http://www.orbitbooks.net/2016/10/20/introducing-dale-lucass-first-watch/

The Lord of the Rings meets Lethal Weapon in Dale Lucas’s fantasy debut novel, FIRST WATCH. In this rousing new fantasy, two misfit partners work a case in a crime-ridden city filled with orcs, humans, elves, dwarves, and mages.

Orbit has acquired three novels in the Fifth Ward series, and First Watch will launch in summer 2017.

Humans, orcs, mages, elves, and dwarves all jostle for success and survival in the cramped quarters of Yenara, while understaffed Watch Wardens struggle to keep its citizens in line. Enter Rem: new to Yenara and hungover in the city dungeons with no money for bail. When offered a position with the Watch to compensate for his crimes, Rem jumps at the chance.

His new partner is less eager. Torval, a dwarf who’s handy with a maul and known for hitting first and asking questions later, is highly unimpressed with the untrained and weaponless Rem.

But when Torval’s former partner goes missing, the two must consort with the usual suspects — drug dealing orcs, mind-controlling elves, uncooperative mages, and humans being typical humans — to uncover the truth and catch a murderer loose in their fair city.

Legends of the Red Sun seemed to do quite well (although the last book was unfortunately a weak conclusion). From what I can tell it was the Drakenfield books that really failed to take off and led to them considering a new direction.

I'd be disappointed if he had dropped the weirdness from his work and he'd decided go for standard fantasy purely for commercial reasons.

On 7/15/2016 at 7:55 PM, RedEyedGhost said:
On 7/15/2016 at 4:34 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

On 7/15/2016 at 4:20 PM, williamjm said:

Last I heard this was meant to be September 2016, has it been pushed back again?

According to Aaronovitch's literary agency (posted 3 days ago):

THE HANGING TREE is due to be published in early 2017 by Gollancz (UK) and DAW Books (US). German edition is due to be published in February 2017.

Ugh.  This is getting frustrating.  I pre-ordered it in May from the Book Depository, and it was listed as September of this year.  Now they have it listed at September of next year, so hopefully that "early 2017" is more accurate than that.  It doesn't make any sense that the US version would come out in January, before the UK version.

I got an email this morning from the Book Depository saying this was preparing to be shipped! :D 

On 29/10/2016 at 6:56 AM, stonebender said:

Haven't read him but I recall he was marketed as a new Mieville.  I guess that didn't quite work out.

I only read the first one, but I got the distinct impression he was trying too hard. I will read his next few though, when I get around to it.

August 2017 is the real publishing date for Peter V. Brett's The Core:

http://www.unboundworlds.com/2016/10/nycc-2016-peter-v-brett-demon-cycle-movie-comic-book/?ref=0D48451288B3

UW: Well, you know I’ve got to ask, then: What can you tell us about the last book?

PVB: I’m really excited about the last book in the series, actually. I think I’ve done some stuff that no one has ever done before, or at least no one that I know of. I’m pretty confident at this point that I’m going to stick the landing and have an impressive close to the series. I like the idea of it being done and I can sort of present it as an entire work of art instead of individual books once it’s done. I’m running full-tilt to turn it in at the end of the year, and it’s going to come out in August of 2017.

58 minutes ago, C.T. Phipps said:

While still 2016, November's release was just done by Tor books.

http://www.tor.com/2016/11/02/fiction-affliction-november-releases-in-fantasy-6/

I'm pleased I'm considered important enough to be on list (see WRAITH KNIGHT).

I'm surprised the didn't include The Facefakers Game by Birch. It's been getting comparisons to Lynch, Rothfuss and Sanderson with a decent amount of hype. Have not read it yet, but plan on doing so soon. I might have to check out yours too C.T.

4 hours ago, Lord Barger said:

I'm surprised the didn't include The Facefakers Game by Birch. It's been getting comparisons to Lynch, Rothfuss and Sanderson with a decent amount of hype. Have not read it yet, but plan on doing so soon. I might have to check out yours too C.T.

Thanks!

I'll put that on my list.

Conn (C.V.) Iggulden's first epic fantasy novel Darien, book one in the Empire of Salt Trilogy, might be published in March 2017. If we believe this catalogue:

http://www.amheath.com/downloads/rights.pdf

Twelve Families. One Kingdom.

An epic new fantasy series of spellbinding imagination.

The city of Darien lies at the centre of a once imposing empire. For more than a thousand years twelve families and a pitiless military have ruled over a vast array of assassins and spies, magicians and mercenaries, beggars and the half-respectable.

There, amongst bitter feuds and fierce betrayals, a plot is hatched to kill a king. It will throw together five strangers – Elias Post, a broken father and skilled hunter, who in desperation agrees to commit an act that will haunt him forever. Tellius, a warrior from the East, who discovers that a lifetime of disguise cannot conceal an honourable past. Threefold Daw, a chancer and gambler, who dreams of wealth and will do anything to get it. Arthur, a creature from the old world willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. And Nancy, a dark-haired beauty, whose abilities may be the undoing of them all – whose destinies will be made in the city of Darien.

Looking forward to it. Darien can't be found in Amazon – maybe it has been delayed.

34 minutes ago, Jussi said:

Conn (C.V.) Iggulden's first epic fantasy novel Darien, book one in the Empire of Salt Trilogy, might be published in March 2017. If we believe this catalogue:

http://www.amheath.com/downloads/rights.pdf

Looking forward to it. Darien can't be found in Amazon – maybe it has been delayed.

Indeed, though I did find a novel of his coming out in May in the UK, called "Dunstan".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunstan-Conn-Iggulden/dp/0718181441/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1478553086&sr=1-3

Archived