The books coming out in 2017

AncalagonTheBlack

New blurb for Son of Seven by Justin Travis Call:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-Seven-Justin-Travis-Call/dp/000816309X/

From an exciting new voice in epic fantasy, reminiscent of Robert Jordan, comes this majestic tale of courage and survival.

Annev was born without an arm, a mark of Keos, a sign of the fallen God. Sodar, a priest, takes pity on Annev and hides his disability with the use of a magical prosthetic limb, highly magical but also highly illegal. Annev is taken in by Sodar and attends the Academy – a school for training acolytes of the faith who are sent out to find magical objects and confiscate them. But before he can become an acolyte Annev must pass a series of trials where not only his strength and intelligence will be tested, but his bravery and loyalty will be questioned. When embarking on a task for the head of the Academy, Annev learns of a prophecy about the Seventh Son. A man born of a royal line destined to save the world or destroy it. Could Annev be that son?

Blurb for Destiny’s Conflict: Sword of the Canon #2 (Wars of Light and Shadow #10) by Janny Wurts

Harper Voyager – 5 Oct 2017

The long-awaited second book of the fourth story arc - Sword of the Canon - in the epic fantasy series, the Wars of Light and Shadow.

Sweeping defeat True Sect warhost resets the stage of an epic conflict:

Divine avatar, Lysaer’s unstable integrity lies under threat of total downfall, and as his determined protector, Daliana will face the most frightening decision of her young life.

Master of Shadow, marked for death and still hunted, Arithon’s critical quest to recover his obscured past entangles him in a web of deep intritue and ancient perils beyond his imagining.

Condemned initiate of the Koriathain, Elaira’s urgent pursuit of the Biedar Tribes’ secret embroils her in the terrible directive of the Fellowship Sorcerers, while Dakar the Mad Prophet confronts the hard reckoning for his misspent past, and Tarens is steered by a destiny far from his crofter’s origins.

The penultimate volume of the Wars of Light and Shadows will touch the grand depths of Athera’s endowment, and deliver the thrilling finale of arc IV, the Sword of the Canon.

War, blood, magic, mystery – and the most hidden powers of all will stand or fall on their hour of unveiling.

Penric's Mission by Lois McMaster Bujold - to be published in November

Learned Penric sails on a journey to Cedonia not as a sorcerer in the white robes of the Bastard’s Order, but disguised as a young lawyer on business. His real mission is one of clandestine diplomacy on behalf of the Duke of Adria. His usual traveling companion, the slyly clever chaos demon Desdemona who inhabits his body, is the only one in on the secret… Or so it’s supposed to be. Instead, upon arrival in Cedonia, Penric finds himself gravely injured and imprisoned in the darkest of dungeons. Escape will not be easy, as Penric meets an intriguing young widow and has more than one brush with disaster in his immediate future.

With Penric’s Mission, multiple-award-winner and bestselling author Lois McMaster Bujold returns to her World of the Five Gods, the setting of her acclaimed novels The Curse of Chalion, Paladin of Souls, and The Hallowed Hunt. Continuing the tale begun in the Hugo finalists for Best Novella “Penric’s Demon” and “Penric and the Shaman,” Bujold’s newest installment of Penric and Desdemona’s tale is another must-read novella for her legion of fans.

50 minutes ago, Contrarius+ said:

Ummm. Penric's Mission was published months ago. So was its sequel, Mira's Last Dance. I'm hoping for a sequel to that one before too long, though -- maybe that's the one slated for November?

Subterranean Press are doing limited edition hardcovers of all the Penric novellas which come out some months after the e-book release, that's what Ancalagon is linking to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 4:25 PM, Brendan Moody said:

Hachette's website shows eight more parts (which would be about right for the third volume) releasing two a month from June to September. Of course, there have been other release dates for them that have slid by. But that schedule would end just in time for the paperbacks to begin, so they may be rushing them out finally. They should all be written by then for a December print release, anyway.

I'm getting emails from Amazon canceling my orders for the remaining e-installments of The Two of Swords because the titles were canceled by the publisher, so at this point I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 5:37 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

The publication date for A King in Cobwebs by David Keck is July 24, 2018

UPDATE: New pub. date: 12/11/2018

It seems that Tor has changed its plans for my third book.

Originally, A King in Cobwebs, was meant to appear on its own next summer (July 2018, as I recall). And, I am afraid, it would have made a rather sheepish final entry in its trilogy, appearing several long years after books one and two were out of print.  (You might picture the book scuffling its toe in the dirt, afraid to meet the eye of other books).

It was, I should add, more than fair of the publishers. I had no cause to complain whatsoever.

Today, however, I learn that all three books are to be relaunched in 2018. There are even to be gorgeous new cover treatments (which must remain under wraps for the time being). 

As of this writing, publication dates are set as follows:

• In the Eye of Heaven: 5/22/2018
  • In a Time of Treason: 8/7/2018
  • A King in Cobwebs: 12/11/2018

I cannot help but feel that this gives my poor efforts a new chance to find an audience among those who love a little harrowing medieval fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17.3.2017 at 3:04 PM, Jussi said:

Alastair Reynold's new Revelation Space novel (sequel to The Prefect) will be published in January 2018.

The name of the book is Elysium Fire.

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sku=0316555673

Blurb:

A brilliant new space opera from "leading light" (LA Review of Books) Alastair Reynolds.

Ten thousand city-state habitats orbit the planet Yellowstone, forming a near-perfect democratic human paradise.

But even utopia needs a police force. For the citizens of the Glitter Band that organization is Panoply, and the prefects are its operatives.

Prefect Tom Dreyfus has a new emergency on his hands. Across the habitats and their hundred million citizens, people are dying suddenly and randomly, victims of a bizarre and unprecedented malfunction of their neural implants. And these "melters" leave no clues behind as to the cause of their deaths...

As panic rises in the populace, a charismatic figure is sowing insurrection, convincing a small but growing number of habitats to break away from the Glitter Band and form their own independent colonies.

Archived