A dark theory for Sansa/Jon/Daenerys

Future Null Infinity

I got a dark idea about what can happen in the north in S7 :

The rift will widen between Jon and Sansa, feeling not powerful enough against the northern lords and the Vale, Sansa hears about a queen with dragons and huge armies has come to Westeros, she will go seek her support to reclaim the north (as many others already done : Olenna, Elarria and Yara), Sansa will get the support of Tyrion (the hand of the queen and her ex-husband) and Theon, Daenerys will accept to help Sansa to become the queen of the north in exchange of her total loyalty to the new queen of Westeros, which put Daenerys in direct conflict with Jon and north.

What do you all think?

I'm in the camp that the primary disagreement between Jon and Sansa will be about what direction to take the North, and maybe about how much influence Sansa has, or feels she deserves, in Jon's government. Jon's focused on the White Walker threat, whereas Sansa is worried about the South.

I don't believe that Sansa will actually turn against Jon and try to overthrow and replace him. She may even be the primary Northern influence pushing Jon to marry Daenerys when she shows up.

Olenna's in charge of the Reach because the rest of the Show-Tyrell's got killed by Cersei. Yara's actually Balon's legit heir with Theon stepping aside (and has a better plan for the future than Euron). Ellaria and the Sand Snakes? Look, the show's butchered enough characters, including Sansa's - let's not have Sansa turning into a Northern Sand Snake wanna-be. Ellaria and the Sand Snakes have diddly in the way of a comprehensible plan in their coup.

Sansa already has Winterfell, and she said Jon should take the Lord's Chamber when he said he was having it prepared for her.

Were it not for the Inside the Episode, behind the scenes stuff, and interviews pushing a Sansa vs Jon dispute and Stark in-fighting for Season 7, no one would seriously be suggesting that Sansa would turn on Jon.

5 minutes ago, Kytheros said:

I'm in the camp that the primary disagreement between Jon and Sansa will be about what direction to take the North, and maybe about how much influence Sansa has, or feels she deserves, in Jon's government. Jon's focused on the White Walker threat, whereas Sansa is worried about the South.

I don't believe that Sansa will actually turn against Jon and try to overthrow and replace him. She may even be the primary Northern influence pushing Jon to marry Daenerys when she shows up.

Olenna's in charge of the Reach because the rest of the Show-Tyrell's got killed by Cersei. Yara's actually Balon's legit heir with Theon stepping aside (and has a better plan for the future than Euron). Ellaria and the Sand Snakes? Look, the show's butchered enough characters, including Sansa's - let's not have Sansa turning into a Northern Sand Snake wanna-be. Ellaria and the Sand Snakes have diddly in the way of a comprehensible plan in their coup.

Sansa already has Winterfell, and she said Jon should take the Lord's Chamber when he said he was having it prepared for her.

Were it not for the Inside the Episode, behind the scenes stuff, and interviews pushing a Sansa vs Jon dispute and Stark in-fighting for Season 7, no one would seriously be suggesting that Sansa would turn on Jon.

:agree:This is also how I'm thinking it's going to be like next season. The "rivalry" won't be something super serious that will divide the Starks or anything. The reason I think they set up a rivalry from the first place is because Sansa is going to bring down/kill Littlefinger at the end of next season. And to make that plot exiting and intriguing they need to make us question which side Sansa is on.

1 hour ago, Kytheros said:

Actually, I never thought that Sansa will turn against Jon, I know sansa the character, it's the only story I'm interessed in, it's just a dark idea, this is why I put the word "Dark" ;), it's just sometimes I enter in a phase of disbelieve in Jon and Danny reunion against everyone, it's too cliché, so I was searching for alternative story to how they will become rivals :D

25 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Actually, I never thought that Sansa will turn against Jon, I know sansa the character, it's the only story I'm interessed in, it's just a dark idea, this is why I put the word "Dark" ;), it's just sometimes I enter in a phase of disbelieve in Jon and Danny reunion against everyone, it's too cliché, so I was searching for alternative story to how they will become rivals :D

How exactly is Sansa teaming up with Dany and co in order for Sansa to "reclaim the North (as many others already done: Olenna, Ellaria, Yara)" not Sansa turning against Jon?

Olenna's in charge of the Reach only because the rest of the Show-Tyrells are dead, murdered by Cersei. Yara's allied to Dany because of Iron Born internal politics involving kinslaying (she's on Euron's to-kill list). Ellaria and the Sand Snakes are in charge of Dorne because they murdered Doran and Trystane. Two out of the three you mentioned as examples for Sansa's alliance with Daenerys are the leaders of their factions allied to Daenerys because of their regions' internal politics and kinslaying those ahead of or opposed to them.

Jon's King in the North and Sansa already is the Stark of Winterfell. The only way Sansa gets a promotion is through a formal position as one of Jon's advisors or whatever, or by getting rid of Jon.

Assuming Jon and Daenerys are at odds, it's almost certainly going to be because of Littlefinger.

I do not think Sansa will try and lead a rebellion against Jon or Brandon if he is able to come back to Winterfell and lay claim to his "Rightful" throne. I seriously doubt Sansa will live past season 7. LF and Sandor will be in her story in Season 7 and I think probably it will end for her in a bitter sweet way. IF is her true adversary and his "mind bombs" he is infusing in her ever confused brain regarding Jon are a desperate attempt at deflection from his own deeds he has done against her and her family.

I like any theory that's a bit twisty and has the characters' personalities and frailties leading them to bad decisions but I don't really see this.  As @ThePukwudgie said, I don't think Sansa is that power hungry. However I do see her playing the role of envoy to get Danaerys' help, using her influence with Tyrion and Theon.  

Although honestly I think Jon would do better to send Lyanna Mormont  - Dany would love her! And she's a Mormont so, you know, think sad look as Dany remembers Jorah. 

And let's be very careful about ruling out LF in all of this. 

8 hours ago, Kytheros said:

I agree with this assessment of Jon and Sansa's relationship. I think - maybe I'm hoping - that Jon is the more marketable King in the North; he's a skilled fighter, he's got the Stark blood, and he's been Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. I think she'll be content to be more of a power behind the throne as Lady of Winterfell, a more scrupulous version of Littlefinger, if you will. In this same vein, she might be the one who is keen enough to negotiate an alliance with Daenerys, since both of them have a common enemy in Cersei.

I'm still just held up on that conversation where Sansa pretty much said Jon should take the Lord's chamber of Winterfell to really buy into this idea that they are at odds. She was even smiling in the King of North scene until she looked at Baelish who was noticeably displeased.

If any thing I think this will be the season where Sansa chooses Jon over LF at his peril.

I do belive Sansa will work with LF against Jon , but she will be a double agent . Littlefinger thinks she's working with him but actually she's working against him on Jons behalf .So LF gets a surprise when he learns that Sansa actually played him . Then LF is done. Thats my prediction for the Jon vs Sansa conflict. 

Conflict is that Sansa will be: go south, we need to kill Cersei and revenge father's death!!

Jon: we don't have enough soldier. And there's WW coming. 

Sansa: we must revenge! If you don't, I will do it myself!

Jon: Ok... Bye! 

So Sansa will take half of the north and go to Dany. Jon stay to wait for WW 

10 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Conflict is that Sansa will be: go south, we need to kill Cersei and revenge father's death!!

in a way or another, Sansa will return to KL, her story doesn't involve magic or sword wielding, only mind games and politics, after killing the teacher, the student will go back where the politics are

The North cannot ally with Dany for as long as Dany is allied with the same IB faction that subjugated the North and took Winterfell in the first place.  A more logical Alliance is North + Euron IB faction.  The North + The Vale + Euron IB faction is the only force in westeros, south of the wall, that could challenge the combined might of the Dany coalition.

On July 18, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Future Null Infinity said:

in a way or another, Sansa will return to KL, her story doesn't involve magic or sword wielding, only mind games and politics, after killing the teacher, the student will go back where the politics are

The second Cersei won't kill LF. She's liking the idea that LF will be on the throne and she will be his queen. 

24 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

The second Cersei won't kill LF. She's liking the idea that LF will be on the throne and she will be his queen. 

it's a good idea, the dumb starks can't do nothing, LF is the man, he is the genius who destroyed the great houses, I always wanted to see Sansa like Doran Martell, a great mind but for the good, a new Doran for the starks which is trillion times more better than the dumb as rock siblings

5 hours ago, Blackphillip said:

The North cannot ally with Dany for as long as Dany is allied with the same IB faction that subjugated the North and took Winterfell in the first place.  A more logical Alliance is North + Euron IB faction.  The North + The Vale + Euron IB faction is the only force in westeros, south of the wall, that could challenge the combined might of the Dany coalition.

Balon's dead.  There are two competing heirs using Balon's blood to make their claim - Yara and Euron.  How would the North know which one has their interests at heart?  

Theon is an issue of course.  But Sansa's influence would help with that one.  No way that Jon allies with psycho Euron.

If GoT were a "normal" popular series with an unlimited future, I could be swayed into thinking that a real Sansa/Jon conflict is on the horizon, but with approximately 13 hours of programming left, Danny coming up for the south, WW coming down from the north and potentially bat-shit crazy Cersei sitting on the Iron Thone, there is too much to cover to get into a deep sibling soap opera now.  

I can see Sansa getting more frustrated by Jon's ignoring her counsel or not consulting her at all, stirring the pot a bit to keep people guessing, but I don't see anything like you are suggesting.  Sansa has never expressed a real lust for power.  She started out being in love with the "idea" of being queen, not the power and responsibilities that come with the position.  We can certainly agree she has grown a dark side, but I think that is more from her never wanting to be a position to be used, abused and forced to do things against her will again.  Jon would never do that or allow someone to do it to her, so she won't turn against him.  

Yes, they will fight and bicker between themselves - like most siblings do (I know, but they believe themselves to be half siblings) -  but they will have each other's back should anyone attempt to hurt the other.  I'm guessing that they will show Littlefinger plotting against Jon and Sansa seeming to listen and assist, but he will die shocked at how well she outplayed him in the end.

On 7/17/2016 at 6:15 PM, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

So what you are saying is that half of the north who would not even support Sansa's claim to Winterfell because she is a girl are going to ride south with her against the wishes of their King which would be treason.

Also will mind you that this girl has zero talent in combat and has zero leadership experience......I think the only person stupid enough to follow her south would be Brienne.

And if you want to look at Jon's track record for treason, I would remind you that he personally executed people...He is honorable but he is also not someone to back down when he makes a declaration regardless of what everyone else thinks. **See the whole Hardhome situation** hardly anyone wanted him to save the Wildlings but he did it anyway.

Archived