Pokemon Go

Denvek

I ran into a wild Gyarados today, which regrettably escaped despite plenty of great balls and razz berries (great ball was the highest I had at the time). I did however catch a great many Magikarp, Staryu, Poliwags, Psyducks and Goldeens, so it's not all bad. In addition to that I hatched two Pikachu today and evolved my Squirtle. Tried to take a gym but it was too difficult for my 'mom right now

I went to Spain and didn't do too well other than catching a Mr. Mime. Then I went to Italy and I was very happy. I was able to evolve and/or catch a Dugtrio, a Persian, a Rapidash, a Dodrio, a Dewgong, a Hitmonlee, and a Primeape. There is zero chance I could have done this in six months where I live, much less two weeks. I'm soooo happy!!! I now have 111 and am almost halfway through level 25. I'm going to Chicago in October and will be sure to walk a lot and hopefully catch more unique mons. That plus I got tickets to Hamilton in Chicago so life is good.

Driving to work yesterday, I saw the gym I have been occupying for most of the past two weeks was now Blue. I pulled into the parking lot, logged out of my account, and into my son's, and left his #2 pokemon to defend the gym . :lol: great mom, bad team mate move ;)

(I didn't have time to battle and win it back anyway :P )

Also been working through most of my lunches, so no time to visit the park with all the pokemon stops and lots of 'mons.  I even ran out of balls over the weekend, so I have been avoiding all the rats, pidgeys and weedles that pop up. I've been collecting balls at every stop I see since then, but I swear, whenever I need balls, I get mostly potions; when I need potions I get all balls. :lol: 

Pokedex at 122, level 26. Barring a surprise incubation, I won't take my pokedex past 125. I've got 1 candy to go for Voltorb as my buddy, and Kabuto and Magikarp are both under 12 candies away. Everything else looks out of reach.

I'll open the app when I take a walk, but other than that, I don't play anymore.

I expect a lot of people will jump back in whenever Generation 2 hits.

For people that have been playing since launch, they've caught most of what they can. So without new Pokemon to chase, there's not much of a draw to keep playing. As I mentioned - I've slowed down a lot, but haven't quit. I still do my daily lunch time walks, but my wife used to be keen to go out catching Pokemon in the evenings as well. That's mostly ceased now that there's not much left for us to catch (we did go out for an hour or so last Sunday). But I have no doubt we'll be out chasing them again when there's new ones to find. :) 

As for the Pokemon I have left to catch - I'm walking a Grimer now and I'm not too far away from Muk. Then I'll switch to walking a Ghastly to get the last candies I need for a Gengar. But I'd need to walk hundreds of kilometers to get Charizard, Allakhazam and Machamp. Plus I need to get lucky and catch or hatch a Porygon.

Just shy of level 24 now, and about half a km from #96 (almost ready to evolve my current buddy, Meowth, soon as he finds that candy)

I've been rather frustrated lately though, as it seems I can't go 2 blocks without the game either freezing or just shutting down. So annoying.  Haven't been doing too much other than hatching eggs and walking my buddy though, and may not for a while.  I need a game to relax me, not make me more stressed out than I all ready am. (I have done 3 updates since the buddy update, updated my phone operating system, and removed everything else from it, but it still shuts down continuously)

I've been stuck on level 18 for more than a month.  Also having that same freezing and shut down issue.  Sometimes it won't even load.  I've actually been playing it quite a bit despite the loading issues due to stress and spending a lot of time walking/hiking so no idea why I can't seem to get out of level 18.  

I did try out a gym again finally.  It was in this sort of remote area of a state park and the pokemon in the gym was like CP 100 so I was like, uh yeah I'll kill ya.  Well, that didn't happen because I don't know why.  I thought I beat it but then something over CP 1400 popped up (seriously, how do people get things that high?  It seems impossible for me) and I couldn't do shit against that.  I didn't even earn any points from the gym so I don't know what point these things serve.  Will not try gyms again.  

I'm on level 26 with 115. Im walking with a Charmander and was able to evolve my Koffing. Next is my Kabuto. I hatched an Electabuzz and found a Tangela. I evolved my Vulpix into a beautiful Ninetales. I may give up when all I have are 100 candy evolutions left. 

Moveset evolution appear to be random, last time I checked with the good folk at Silph Road. You just have to hope you'll end up with a good moveset at the end.

And yeah, if you have a high-level starting Pokemon, you can easily evolve it into something with 1500 or 1600 CP. I've done that multiple times. Then of course you can power it up afterwards -- something I haven't done for awhile because I'm waiting to evolve a suite of good attacking and defending 'mon. Be aware though that most players who are currently mid-level 30s or higher, with Pokemon sporting 3000+CP, are cheaters -- either IP spoofers or bots. I don't try to take over gyms with that kind of shit in there, although I'll gladly shave off a level or two for someone else to swing by and snipe later.

Leap -- re: walking a lot and not hatching eggs. Pokemon is not a step counter. It only measures point-to-point distances in IIRC 10-second intervals, so if you are not walking in a bunch of straight lines it is going to only capture a fraction of what you actually walk. A way to make the distance counter more accurate is to occasionally open up your journal, let it load, and then close it. 

Archived