Pokemon Go

Denvek

Don't know what's differebt, but around my office in the last couple days it's been either a become of pokemon that I've not seen much of in a while, or its been a recreation of The Birds, with three to four pidgeys and spearrows all at the same time. Though at the noment, it's two pidgeys and four rattatas...

And the same stupid Psyduck keeps popping up in my sightings box, but after two weeka, I've yet to actually find him...

On 11/3/2016 at 8:17 AM, Mlle. Zabzie said:

So, my son got my phone and evolved the wrong Haunter, so I have a crappy Gengar.  I'm appalled.  I may have to walk the correct one.  I still love him though because he's cute and now calls me "Mama Pikachu".  

More noob question. How do you know its the wrong Haunter? Or rather, how do you know which would be a good one to evolve?

I've just been evolving the one with the highest CP.....:dunno:

9 hours ago, The Winged Shadow said:

More noob question. How do you know its the wrong Haunter? Or rather, how do you know which would be a good one to evolve?

I've just been evolving the one with the highest CP.....:dunno:

Check out the Silph Road website. It has a rating section. :)

On 08/11/2016 at 8:50 PM, Baitac said:

Check out the Silph Road website. It has a rating section. :)

On 08/11/2016 at 11:22 PM, Leap said:

*snip*

Thanks folks.

Looks like i evolved a whole bunch of duds. Except my Vaporeon, which is awesome as well as having Hydro pump! Woot.

Haven't done any gyms yet. Every gym around here has 2500+ CP pokemon, and my max is only 1k CP :/

edit: hatched a 10k egg and it was a......Gastly. FML. Specailly after the damn halloween event! GAH!

On 11/10/2016 at 7:06 AM, The Winged Shadow said:

Thanks folks.

Looks like i evolved a whole bunch of duds. Except my Vaporeon, which is awesome as well as having Hydro pump! Woot.

Haven't done any gyms yet. Every gym around here has 2500+ CP pokemon, and my max is only 1k CP :/

edit: hatched a 10k egg and it was a......Gastly. FML. Specailly after the damn halloween event! GAH!

No problem! X-Ray became my Sensei. I had no clue what was going on but I was doing geocaching and this is better in a different way. There's some good experts here (me not included!) Plus reading the early posts in the thread will help you too.

I'm getting a lot of clusters now at usual stops. I stopped at a rest area on the Interstate and I spent a solid 15 minutes hitting the Pokestop and all the mons around it. I'm still walking my Graveler. I'm at 94 candies.

I got a new phone 4 or 5 weeks ago and started playing.  I'm marginally obsessed.  I have been trying to be more active and lose a few kilos so this has been a good motivator for me to get out and walk.  I wish I had read this thread prior to getting my first levels, now that I know what I'm doing I'm playing more more efficiently.

The Halloween thing was a boon and last week's extra stuff helped too.  Last Monday morning I got the 10K I needed to hit lvl 20 and after having done a mass evolution sitting next to a lured pokestop adjacent to our building with a lucky egg I find myself nearly halfway to lvl 23 a week later.

I was hoarding my coins to potentially buy a bag expansion but it doesn't really seem necessary.  I can manage what I'm doing and still stay beneath the item limit.  Someone, two people(?), prior mentioned spending those coins exclusively on incubators, would anyone care to differ as it seems like sound advice to me?  

I'm a couple of coins away from evolving my Gloom.  I have some others that I need a bunch more candies for, particularly a Nidoran.  Interestingly, I have seen and caught two Scythers but through some glitch I'm showing 80 candies.  I haven't had it as a buddy.  Hopefully the next generation will give me something to do with them.

Thanks for all the help in here.  If we ever get to start trading I have a dog pound full of good Arcanines, Growlithes are a dime a dozen in these parts.

Personally I'd buy the incubators if I had any coins (maybe I'll buy a few if I feel like it if they run another event during Christmas). Generally speaking, the only pokemons worth evolving are those you spawn in eggs and you get pokemons that you usually wouldn't a lot of the time.

Thanks for the advice, Leap.  I don't really have any space problems right now.  I only have 80 'mons in my Pokedex and haven't been near 200 total with me.  Pokestops are a dime a dozen around here so I recycle balls fairly regularly, I think I'm going to focus on incubators for now.  

Since the gym fights changed I've seen quite a few gyms with low ball mons in the lowest position like and ekans with 90 CP.  Anyone understand the reasoning behind it?  Maybe someone just needed to dump something in it and after it's gone they transfer it?

Nothing like finding an Omanyte walking about Colonial yesterday and the moment after clicking out of the Omanyte screen having my only 10k egg hatch...with another Omanyte...

Andcoins from the gym...of course! Mind I don't really try to battle much...

From Niantic:
Adjustments to the Combat Power of Various Pokémon

Trainers,

We have made adjustments to the CP (Combat Power) of various Pokémon. Some Pokémon, such as Alakazam, Rhydon, and Gengar will have their CP increased. Others will have their CP lowered. These changes will allow a more balanced and competitive battling and training experience in Gyms. We will continue to adjust the CP going forward to improve the game balance when necessary.

The Pokémon GO team

Indeed.  My Rhydon jumped up about 400 points.  My Arcanines have lost some, but not much.  I've got a good Flareon and Machamp that  also got a nice bump.  I now have a Sandslash with 1306 CP.  <boggle>

Archived