Pokemon Go

Denvek

Checked into the game today for the first time in ages. I'm only L20, so I didn't notice a huge difference in the CPs.

But I have never really enjoyed battling. Mostly I've been hanging out for the day when battling is improved and you can fight your friends without needing a gym... a day that has never come. :( 

18 hours ago, AndrewJ said:

Thanksgiving event is just double XP and double stardust for the rest of the month. There's no increased spawning of certain pokemon or anything.

Thanks! Dang, I was hoping for shorter distances for candy again. :(

I have been taking full advantage of the extra stuff this week.  I was 3/4 of the way to lvl 24 when it started and now I have 30K and change to get to lvl 25.  I was saving some evolves in order to pop an egg and then saw the event announced.  I got well over 40K just from that.  I got my Evees done and got a few more new ones registered so the xp was great.  I used up one incubator this week and picked up another one.  One of the kids spun a 10K egg out of a stop this morning and it'll be the last use in that one too.  Finally got my first Slowpoke out of a 5K egg this week.

We were downtown this morning and the gyms there change hands every few minutes it seems.  I've had a Rhydon in a stable gym nearby (but off-screen so I can't see it) since Tuesday.  I quickly snatched the gym at my F-i-L's church this morning, threw a 36 CP Ratatta in it and collected my coins. 

There are 6 gyms on-screen from the house, three of them were always red and maxed out.  It's been nice to see them getting knocked down on a regular basis lately.  I can generally hop to at least one of the nearby ones after I drop the kids off at school and get my coins for the day.  
I've seen a handful of dittos in some gyms this week.  Didn't know what is was and it freaked me out the first time.  Haven't gotten one yet. :(

I got my Ditto today.At 66, it's my weakest CP Pokemon! I caught a Pidgey and the Oh? came up and the Ditto appeared. The event helped me get to level 29. I'm still walking my Grimer. After that I'll walk my Kadabra.

I hit lvl 25 this morning prior to it beginning to rain in earnest.  I was out last night too but the Ditto is still eluding me.  The weather is going to be crap throughout the rest of the bonus time so I doubt I'll be getting much more out of this one.

On 11/28/2016 at 2:10 AM, Dr. Pepper said:

I ran out of poke balls. :( I spent a few moments seriously considering just buying more, though thankfully I'm not that desperate to play a game.  

I went through my journal - from my past 15 stops I collected 6 PokeBalls. Not impressed by that, I know it's to push me to make an in-game purchase.

But I just chucked out the potions from my bag (WOW! 20 WHOLE hit points?! ZOMG!) and will try again on my next walk. Not with high hopes. Meanwhile, I'm down to less than 10 balls of each type. :( 

Archived