Pokemon Go

Denvek

Egg hatching did me a good turn this weekend. I'm now ready to evolve my Vulpix and my Diglet. And I think there's another one in there. Plus I have a bunch of 'mon to evolve to see if I can get better movesets on some of my gym-fighting 'mon. I'll probably wait to do all of this next weekend in a mega-evolution with a Lucky Egg.

Have made it to level 20 and am feeling some of the frustration, but the kids love walking around to gyms.  Good to know about spoofers.  Also, have been seeing some more unusual stuff recently.  Caught a Kadabra today (had never seen one before).  That said, I really wish we could get on trading.  I have a bazillion Pinsirs and Taurus, but have only one Psyduck for some unknown reason.

Separately stupid question - even when a gym is empty have only been able to put in one defender.  Normal?

10 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Separately stupid question - even when a gym is empty have only been able to put in one defender.  Normal?

Each player can only staff a gym with one defender. If you have a group of three, you can usually each drop one in when you win a gym. You need to increase the gym prestige with training to add more than that. I've been in a couple gyms that were level 9

41 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Yes, each player can only put one mon in any given gym.

Two bits of news.

1) Nests migrated again, so you might be seeing new spawns in your area!

2) The Silph Road finished the Global Nest Atlas, so you can check if there are any reported nests near you. Of course, all of the data right now are unconfirmed due to the migration, but at least you'll know where to walk to find something! https://thesilphroad.com/  Atlas is the second tab at the top of the page. For example, there are a bunch of unconfirmed nests in my neighborhood (one used to be confirmed as Bulbasaur, another was Goldeen) and now have question marks waiting confirmation. But this AM another user confirmed that there's an Electrabuzz nest in a park about 1/2 mile from where I live. 

This new thing where looking at other people's Pokemon in gyms adds them to your Seen count in the Pokedex annoys me - I'd just got my Caught and Seen numbers back to parity and now I'm around 20 behind.

In other news, I caught my first Pikachu today, but still haven't seen hide nor hair of a Charmander.

I'm on level 27. After the new update, the only one I've seen and not captured is a Lapras. I have a total of 123.  I only have two Pokémon left that I can possibly evolve. The others are 100's that I rarely see. Blah.

Had a good couple days. Haven't added anything new to my Pokedex in a while, and then I ran across a Porgyon in the grocery store parking lot (had to chase around my sightings to pinpoint it, was nervous I would miss out!), a Dragonite while I was out walking, and I got enough candies from eggs to evolve Staryu and Slowpoke. And I finally walked my Weepinbell buddy long enough (111 freaking km) to evolve a Victreebell. So yeah, good couple days!

Evolved Voltorb into Electrode and finally Magikarp into Gyrados yesterday, plateauing at 123 in the Pokedex. So now what? Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Warturtle, Machoke, Haunter and Dragonair are all over 50 candies away from evolution. No 10 K eggs, no 2K eggs, just a buncha 5s. I've never even seen some of the rares like Magmar and Porygon.

The buddy system is particular torture for Kabuto (12 candies away) and Omanyte (31 away), because you only get 1 candy for each 5K.  The slog begins!

On 10/11/2016 at 7:37 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

I got a Hitmonchan randomly when I was in KC.

Ser Pal, make a trip to to Manhattan, you can get most of those bad boys in either Central Park, the West Village, or Battery Park.

The Jynx continues to spawn at 0:30 past the hour near my work, but I still haven't found the fucker.

Hah - randomly found a Jynx in Chicago as well. And in the past couple of days have found nothing interesting (except that I now have enough Polliwag candies to evolve my Polliwhirl into a Polliwrath, which is pretty cool).  

I need to find the new Snorlax spawning place.  Seems like everyone has one but me.

I am a casual player at best...almost Level 12, still maybe no more than 40 pokemon logged, only attempted to enter two gyms for battle thus far as I don't really know how that works yet...but it's something I do with my kids a little, as Little Jax is seeming more into it as there is obviously other first graders playing since he keeps talking about Pokémon.  In the morning, we stand on the drive waiting for the bus to see what pops up and he and his sister take turns throwing pokeballs at various low level Pokémon.  But the upside is, this morning, Mrs. Jax decided to join the game...ha!

I fall into the Jax category here. Basically, my seven year old is playing on my phone, and I'm cleaning up his 'mons, picking up balls from pokestops on the way to work and suchlike.

He is *checks phone* at level 15. 

The thing I believe he remembers best, however, isn't related to 'mons, but the time he and a friend went pokehunting with my phone. I was there with them. The friend then decided it would be fun to pretend to throw the phone in a stream. Which suddenly wasn't all that fun, as he forgot to hold on to the phone.. That was when my son learned about how data are saved in clouds, and that no - his 'mons hadn't disappeared just because Daddy's phone wasn't working. 

Archived