TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

6 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

You can still enjoy the Legends stuff, heck, I play the games frequently, but the stories are all ended, and will be treated as though they don't exist. 

If none of it has to make sense all together, why are there god knows how many thousands of pages of argument on the forum? And decades worth of debate around Star Wars canon and stories? It matters to fans, otherwise people in this thread would never have raised the sadness of losing the former EU.

Don't forget the worst bit of not having the EU, I didn't come back and instead of the Imperial Remnant and a strong Dark Side, you're left with an Emo schoolboy with an awful lightsaber, who can't even use it properly!!.

12 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

You can still enjoy the Legends stuff, heck, I play the games frequently, but the stories are all ended, and will be treated as though they don't exist. 

If none of it has to make sense all together, why are there god knows how many thousands of pages of argument on the forum? And decades worth of debate around Star Wars canon and stories? It matters to fans, otherwise people in this thread would never have raised the sadness of losing the former EU.

"Will be treated" ... by whom? :dunno:

Anyway, I see this means much more to you than I can imagine, so I am backing out of this discussion.

I also worked the last lesson today, so I am on holiday I guess ... cannot wait for Monday! :commie:

@First of My Name I just noticed that I have misspelled Jagged's name in a post that you have quoted. Can you correct it?

18 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Being a hero without the Force isn't the same as being an interesting character though. I thought he had a pretty forgettable personality. He never really clicked for me, but it's been ages since I read something that featured him, so I might change my mind after.

I see. I think that personally wise he was like Han Solo without the bad manners.

18 hours ago, First of My Name said:

No, the way things are looking now I don't think they'll ever return to Legends. A shame because some things - the main Legacy era storyline, Republic Commando, the Jaden Korr duology, to name a few - ended mostly without any kind of resolution.

NOOOOOO!

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Who decided what is "canon" and what not? What does it even mean? You like some stories and enjoy them. They can be "canon" in your head and nobody can tell you otherwise. Press releases or whatever from whichever company are not important at all. :)

Being canon means that something matters while being non canon means that something is like a fan fiction.

17 hours ago, felice said:

They're part of a different canon now. Hopefully they will publish new Legends material at some point; after all, they have kept existing books in print. But can you really imagine a new Star Wars movie trilogy set 32-36 years after Return of the Jedi that's both compatible with the Legends events (before and after) and works perfectly for an audience that only knows about what happened in the previous movies?

Not really. However for example they could had kept the past, KOTOR, Zayne, Revan and so on and not kept the future with Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, Cade and so on.

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Of course we remember and care! This is awful. I hope that child gets excluded from the swimming lessons, this should not be tolerated by anybody. :grouphug: Good healing to Lil O and the girl.

Who decided what is "canon" and what not? What does it even mean? You like some stories and enjoy them. They can be "canon" in your head and nobody can tell you otherwise. Press releases or whatever from whichever company are not important at all. :)

They are, because a universe that had been built brick-by-brick for decades (and had been marketed as the official follow-up to the movies) was suddenly shoved aside in favor of starting over. And I would have minded less if we'd just gotten something resembling an ending, but we didn't.

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

@First of My Name I just noticed that I have misspelled Jagged's name in a post that you have quoted. Can you correct it?

I see. I think that personally wise he was like Han Solo without the bad manners.

NOOOOOO!

Being canon means that something matters while being non canon means that something is like a fan fiction.

Not really. However for example they could had kept the past, KOTOR, Zayne, Revan and so on and not kept the future with Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, Cade and so on.

Don't know why you consider that an issue, but sure :P 

It probably doesn't help that I never read his introduction into the story, only later NJO, LOTF and FOTJ books, where the reader was supposed to be familiar with him already.

Yeah, keeping the Old Republic era would've been easy.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Don't know why you consider that an issue, but sure :P 

It probably doesn't help that I never read his introduction into the story, only later NJO, LOTF and FOTJ books, where the reader was supposed to be familiar with him already.

Yeah, keeping the Old Republic era would've been easy.

I have a thing about spelling, since I have been mocked a lot, I try to be as correct as I can and to correct the mistakes, that is why I edit my posts a lot. 

I think that your opinion about him will change once you have read all the books he has appeared in.

I know that is why I think that they didn't had to erase everything.

The Story Group have somewhat suggested that Disney have no interest in working in the Old Republic era, and so it exists in a weird sort of existence, especially with the Story Group having been heavily involved in parts of it. It's certainly still being expanded.

38 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I have a thing about spelling, since I have been mocked a lot, I try to be as correct as I can and to correct the mistakes, that is why I edit my posts a lot. 

I think that your opinion about him will change once you have read all the books he has appeared in.

I know that is why I think that they didn't had to erase everything.

Okay, it's edited but I was curious.

Probably, yeah. I do agree that him not being a Force-user was good, he and Han are like the only recurring Force-less characters in the Legacy era.

I can see why they wanted a completely blank slate ut it's still a shame. I still want to read all of the Legacy comics though. Marvel is releasing collections so I might get those.

4 hours ago, First of My Name said:

My my, 22 hours...

I got confirmation that I can participate in the Journalism study, and was accepted on the spot after a job interview today. I feel like I'm slowly becoming an actual grown-up.

Traitor!

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Congratulations! :cheers:
And that feeling is sometimes treacherous. ;) Might be you are, might be you are not ...

Looks deceive, my friends are always saying I have the maturity of a 3-year-old. Let society think I'm a functioning grown-up, we here in TTTNE know better.
But thanks in any case ;) 

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

Traitor!

I know, I want my childhood back :crying: 

Btw, which Pokémon Go team are you on? I'm Valor.

Archived