TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Excellent, a few days of the most beautiful city and almost two weeks of seaside. I kind of want to go to the seaside again, so if I can find a day and somebody to take me ...

What have you figured out then? :) (Or is this something we are not supposed to ask? If that, completely understandable!)

That sounds absolutely lovely. seaside is always a good idea and with every passing year I'm more and more into exploring cities as well, rather than tanning my ass and drinking coladas non stop. 

Nothing. It's an ongoing process :eek: 

11 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I know her too well :P She's in love with Netflix, socially inept and still figuring out her sexuality. So she's basically me with longer hair :lol: 

With a bit of luck I'll have moved out by that point :lol: Family gatherings are going to be interesting though. (Actually, thinking about it, I think she's too smart to fall for jerks. No disrespect to you sister intended but I cannot picture her putting up with someone's shit for longer than 48 hours).

Netflix is hawt and easier than most men, so you can't really blame her can you? :D 

Not living there didn't save me, but I'm sure you will have more luck. 

And wow look at all the sex talk that happened overnight :lol: at least it's finally livelier here. 

Morning spamlings!

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

It could, but if it's really small you might not even notice it nude, if you're the small spoon. Depends on how close you're lying to each other I guess.

Well of course how close you are lying to each other, that goes without saying. :P

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Well, but, uhm, the big spoon would be pressing into you, and if you're flat on a bed you can't go anywhere, but if you're on your side (like when you're spooning) you don't really have something to brace yourself against, unless the bed is next to the wall. Maybe I'm overthinking this.

God only knows what kind of damage an entire army of Caer'bannog hop hops could do to our world.

No, you do not need anything else while you are spooning either, and you do not fall over, right? You do not need a wall there, in fact it may be annoying. (If you need additional visualisation, why would you not want to watch GoT again? I seem to remember there is a scene with Robb and his wifeling doing something like that, cannot find a youtube link right now.) And yes, you are overthinking. :D 

The world trembles in fear at the mere thought of that disaster.

10 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Poor Bear! :grouphug:

:lol:

9 hours ago, felice said:

Then there has to be going down, of course! :devil:

*gasps* *points to felice* She just said something blushworthy! :blushing::blushing::blushing:

2 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

That sounds absolutely lovely. seaside is always a good idea and with every passing year I'm more and more into exploring cities as well, rather than tanning my ass and drinking coladas non stop. 

Nothing. It's an ongoing process :eek:

I confess I did not explore the city all that much, I was mostly in places I knew before (and exploring other things).

Good luck with the ongoing process. ;)

3 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Netflix is hawt and easier than most men, so you can't really blame her can you? :D 

Not living there didn't save me, but I'm sure you will have more luck. 

And wow look at all the sex talk that happened overnight :lol: at least it's finally livelier here. 

On the contrary, I think it's the smart choice :D

We'll have to remember this for the next dry spell: when it's quiet, bring the lewdness. Ab would be pleased.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Morning spamlings!

Well of course how close you are lying to each other, that goes without saying. :P

No, you do not need anything else while you are spooning either, and you do not fall over, right? You do not need a wall there, in fact it may be annoying. (If you need additional visualisation, why would you not want to watch GoT again? I seem to remember there is a scene with Robb and his wifeling doing something like that, cannot find a youtube link right now.) And yes, you are overthinking. :D 

The world trembles in fear at the mere thought of that disaster.

Correct, but when you're spooning instead of doing... more... there's nothing pushing into you. Be advised to take everything I say about sex with a truckload of salt :lol: This is just what I imagine it'd be like in this scenario. (Overtinking seems to be what I'm best at.)

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I confess I did not explore the city all that much, I was mostly in places I knew before (and exploring other things).

Good luck with the ongoing process. ;)

I could have done with more exploring this summer, but no complaints, I read a lot and the hotel Cuba Libre was nice. Ah I can see exploring other things went really well :D;) 

Thanks, I'll need it. <_< on the bright side, the new IKEA catalogue just fell out of my mailbox (literally, into my face), and I'm really exited to browse it through.

Speaking of, the 347th item on the list of Things I'm Currently Debating is the vanity table. The question is directed at anybody remotely interested in DIY, home decor or vanity. Should I get the standard everybody-owns-it Ikea vanity or take up on a little DIY project and give a makeover to my aunt's old vanity table?

IKEA one: + glass table top + larger (and nicer) mirror + less work - more(?) money - boring and standard 

old one: + more unique + more storage + less(?) money - no glass surface - needs repaint - funky (and smaller) mirror 

to be honest I'm not at all certain that giving a remake to the old one would cost less and I'm also not certain it would look nice painted white. 

5 hours ago, First of My Name said:

On the contrary, I think it's the smart choice :D

We'll have to remember this for the next dry spell: when it's quiet, bring the lewdness. Ab would be pleased.

The only downside is that you can't spoon with Netflix (in either way) and that's quite a downside. 

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

I could have done with more exploring this summer, but no complaints, I read a lot and the hotel Cuba Libre was nice. Ah I can see exploring other things went really well :D;) 

Thanks, I'll need it. <_< on the bright side, the new IKEA catalogue just fell out of my mailbox (literally, into my face), and I'm really exited to browse it through.

Speaking of, the 347th item on the list of Things I'm Currently Debating is the vanity table. The question is directed at anybody remotely interested in DIY, home decor or vanity. Should I get the standard everybody-owns-it Ikea vanity or take up on a little DIY project and give a makeover to my aunt's old vanity table?

IKEA one: + glass table top + larger (and nicer) mirror + less work - more(?) money - boring and standard 

old one: + more unique + more storage + less(?) money - no glass surface - needs repaint - funky (and smaller) mirror 

to be honest I'm not at all certain that giving a remake to the old one would cost less and I'm also not certain it would look nice painted white. 

The only downside is that you can't spoon with Netflix (in either way) and that's quite a downside. 

Maybe you can find a guide or video on how to pimp your table on the internet, if you follow a guideline you'd know in advance what the end result would look like.

Yeah, that's a bummer. But hey, with technology advancing the way it is, it's only a matter of time.

Hey, how is everyone?

Life's been so crazy....I got into a car accident on Thursday, since I was falling asleep while driving. This thing is bad. Its scary shit, its like you blackout then "OMG I'M ON THE ROAD WTF!!" So yeah, I did that and I got a ticket, obviously I hit someone, and it was $3 shy of $1300. Not too bad, given the fact that I was falling asleep on the state patrol who was issuing me the ticket. He was so nice, I felt bad....but yeah

I also broke up with my boyfriend who can't seem to grasp the fact that we're no longer together....*sigh*

Oh and my girlfriend is fucking scary, like I can't read her aggressive behavior at all....dating her is like playing that game mines. Lol, but for some reason I enjoy her company and she's crazy enough to enjoy mine.

Um....I'm going back to school, that's going to be something lol I've not been in a while, it feels foreign even thinking about the possibility to go back.

Eh, how are you guys?

7 hours ago, First of My Name said:

:leer:

7 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Correct, but when you're spooning instead of doing... more... there's nothing pushing into you. Be advised to take everything I say about sex with a truckload of salt :lol: This is just what I imagine it'd be like in this scenario. (Overtinking seems to be what I'm best at.)

I am sorry, but I am the proud wearer of the title "Queen of overthinking." Just so you know. :P

Indeed it did. ;)

Hooray for Ikea catalogue! I, however, have no idea about what you should do about the table. I am usually a fan of creativity though.

You can say that.

3 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Life's been so crazy....I got into a car accident on Thursday, since I was falling asleep while driving. This thing is bad. Its scary shit, its like you blackout then "OMG I'M ON THE ROAD WTF!!" So yeah, I did that and I got a ticket, obviously I hit someone, and it was $3 shy of $1300. Not too bad, given the fact that I was falling asleep on the state patrol who was issuing me the ticket. He was so nice, I felt bad....but yeah

CORA! :grouphug:

That is scary! You should sleep more and get more rest, you cannot go driving around like that!

I do not know how much money that is, but it sounds a lot. I am glad at least nobody was hurt.

I also broke up with my boyfriend who can't seem to grasp the fact that we're no longer together....*sigh*

I am sorry to hear that. From your reports, he seemed like somebody good. :grouphug:

Oh and my girlfriend is fucking scary, like I can't read her aggressive behavior at all....dating her is like playing that game mines. Lol, but for some reason I enjoy her company and she's crazy enough to enjoy mine.

Cora. When you say that your girlfriend has aggressive behaviour, that reads like you should break up with her ASAP. This is scary. Please do not put up with any bullshit. I am worried for you.

Um....I'm going back to school, that's going to be something lol I've not been in a while, it feels foreign even thinking about the possibility to go back.

Good luck! What sort of education is this?

Eh, how are you guys?

Ehhh ... read the last few pages. :P

38 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Maybe you can find a guide or video on how to pimp your table on the internet, if you follow a guideline you'd know in advance what the end result would look like.

Yeah, that's a bummer. But hey, with technology advancing the way it is, it's only a matter of time.

meaning which one? I know how I want to pimp them up, if I get the IKEA one, I'll just change the knobs on the drawers, if I go for the old one, I'll paint it white and change the knobs, get a piece of glass to lay on it, possibly do something about the mirror. 

Ewwww....! I'll just stick with the au naturelle way thank you :o there was that movie Her with Joaquin Phoenix about this, my god, that was one creepy movie...

20 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Hey, how is everyone?

Eh, how are you guys?

Cora! Nice to see you around. You need to start getting sleep asap. This is pretty dangerous. 

Sorry about the boyfriend and good luck with the girlfriend. 

what school is this? I kinda miss the feeling of going back to school. It would be fun to shop for school supplies and redo high school. In another life :D 

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am sorry, but I am the proud wearer of the title "Queen of overthinking." Just so you know. :P

Indeed it did. ;)

Hooray for Ikea catalogue! I, however, have no idea about what you should do about the table. I am usually a fan of creativity though.

You can say that

I'm joining the over thinking club too. Are there cookies and a free badge? 

Me too, I'm just not sure I trust my skills/aesthetic taste enough, what if it turns out bad? In any case, I need to move house first, so it isn't an urgent matter. 

27 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Hey, how is everyone?

Eh, how are you guys?

Hey!
Damn :( That is bad indeed.

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend. But you have a new partner already?

I hope you'll enjoy school, what are you studying?

We've been avidly discussing the pros and cons of sex positions, actually :P 

9 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I can be the king then :P 

2 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

meaning which one? I know how I want to pimp them up, if I get the IKEA one, I'll just change the knobs on the drawers, if I go for the old one, I'll paint it white and change the knobs, get a piece of glass to lay on it, possibly do something about the mirror. 

Ewwww....! I'll just stick with the au naturelle way thank you :o there was that movie Her with Joaquin Phoenix about this, my god, that was one creepy movie...

Okay, nevermind then
:P 
Yeah, I was reminded of that movie too. Haven't seen it but I know the premise.

43 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

what school is this? I kinda miss the feeling of going back to school. It would be fun to shop for school supplies and redo high school. In another life :D 

I'm joining the over thinking club too. Are there cookies and a free badge? 

Me too, I'm just not sure I trust my skills/aesthetic taste enough, what if it turns out bad? In any case, I need to move house first, so it isn't an urgent matter. 

It is funny how you think of shopping when we are talking of school. :P School is for education, RB, not consumerism! :P

But I would like to go back to school as well. Not to redo high school though. If there is any going back to school for me, it will have to be for a PhD. But then what I want to do first is not be financially dependant on my parents anymore, so other things must come first. Not to talk about the fact that if I went into it, I would be an unemployable person with a PhD as opposed to an unemployable person with a MA, so ... :dunno:

Sure, here is a virtual cookie (chocolate chip or jaffa, my lady?) and badge. A toast to celebrate your entrance to the club! :cheers:

Good luck with moving house ... I am doing that in one month, but I am renting a room with furniture as it is, so I am not bringing anything into it ...

29 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Its culinary, I took a sabbatical after I moved, but need to go back! Lol then I can transfer to UW

Cooking! Lovely.

20 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Lol oh really, so calve cramps has come up, I'm guessing?? I have them all the time, and lock jaw! Like that's the worse lol

No, we were wondering if anything else has, as it were, come up. :leer:

I mean ... :blushing: Good girls do not leer.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

I can be the king then :P 

Okay, nevermind then
:P 
Yeah, I was reminded of that movie too. Haven't seen it but I know the premise.

It's a creepy movie, but worth watching. 

35 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

It is funny how you think of shopping when we are talking of school. :P School is for education, RB, not consumerism! :P

But I would like to go back to school as well. Not to redo high school though. If there is any going back to school for me, it will have to be for a PhD. But then what I want to do first is not be financially dependant on my parents anymore, so other things must come first. Not to talk about the fact that if I went into it, I would be an unemployable person with a PhD as opposed to an unemployable person with a MA, so ... :dunno:

Sure, here is a virtual cookie (chocolate chip or jaffa, my lady?) and badge. A toast to celebrate your entrance to the club! :cheers:

Good luck with moving house ... I am doing that in one month, but I am renting a room with furniture as it is, so I am not bringing anything into it ...

Hey, I think about shopping whatever I'm talking about :dunno: BESIDES, school is not all about education, school is about socializing, finding your interests, Tasting responsibility, developing skills, about making mistakes and learning from them in a safe environment, about friends and fun, and what's more fun than cool stationary that makes stuffing your head with 70% irrelevant information a tad bit more alluring. 

pfff, I would never do phd. but best of luck with whatever you decide to do :) 

thanks, I'll take chocolate chip. :cheers: 

I want a newly renovated, more or less unfurnished (except for kitchen counter and appliances of course) flat so I can get my own furniture. I'm up to repainting walls  too, but not the whole picking tiles and floor boards and lights and shower cabinet and all that, I've been there and done that once and I just can't be bothered, so much time, so much effort. I'm paying a fortune anyways, so just give me the flat ready for furnishing. 

Hope you'll love your new place! It sounds great and exciting! 

15 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Hey, how is everyone?

Eh, how are you guys?

Driving while really overtired is only marginally safer than driving drunk, you need to take better care of yourself, thankfully you're ok and no one was hurt.

11 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Heya Cora. Don't drive tired silly. The wisdom I've always dispensed is 'don't stick your dick in crazy,' so just do whatever the appropriate form of that is in your case. Hope the lifestyle works out.

Don't stick your fingers/tongue in crazy would probably work.

Ugh I have a 200 mile drive and a splitting headache to contend with now :(.

The hell? How can they expect me to present my 70-page thesis in 6 (six!) minutes? Madness! Madness I tell you! :angry: This department is stupid.

17 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Hey, I think about shopping whatever I'm talking about :dunno: BESIDES, school is not all about education, school is about socializing, finding your interests, Tasting responsibility, developing skills, about making mistakes and learning from them in a safe environment, about friends and fun, and what's more fun than cool stationary that makes stuffing your head with 70% irrelevant information a tad bit more alluring. 

pfff, I would never do phd. but best of luck with whatever you decide to do :) 

thanks, I'll take chocolate chip. :cheers: 

I want a newly renovated, more or less unfurnished (except for kitchen counter and appliances of course) flat so I can get my own furniture. I'm up to repainting walls  too, but not the whole picking tiles and floor boards and lights and shower cabinet and all that, I've been there and done that once and I just can't be bothered, so much time, so much effort. I'm paying a fortune anyways, so just give me the flat ready for furnishing. 

Hope you'll love your new place! It sounds great and exciting! 

I agree, school is about all of those. :)

I know, most people would never do that. I must be crazy. :P But thanks, still.

I guess I would love my own furniture and stuff, but I do not want to spend money on that now, if not absolutely necessary - it is only certain that I stay in that country for 7 months, so why bother getting new stuff. But if I were to move somewhere where I knew I was staying for longer, of course I would want more freedom to make it suit myself as well.

I am sure I will! I have seen the room before, just not with the complete furniture (but then I am not going to have lots of furniture, just the most necessary things). I hope it will work with the landlady.

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Ugh I have a 200 mile drive and a splitting headache to contend with now :(.

Stay safe too! Headache on the road does not sound too clever either.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

The hell? How can they expect me to present my 70-page thesis in 6 (six!) minutes? Madness! Madness I tell you! :angry: This department is stupid.

I agree, school is about all of those. :)

I know, most people would never do that. I must be crazy. :P But thanks, still.

I guess I would love my own furniture and stuff, but I do not want to spend money on that now, if not absolutely necessary - it is only certain that I stay in that country for 7 months, so why bother getting new stuff. But if I were to move somewhere where I knew I was staying for longer, of course I would want more freedom to make it suit myself as well.

I am sure I will! I have seen the room before, just not with the complete furniture (but then I am not going to have lots of furniture, just the most necessary things). I hope it will work with the landlady.

Stay safe too! Headache on the road does not sound too clever either.

70 pages...? Your thesis is 70 pages? Less than 100? That's some serious slacking, my lady, mine was 71 in total. (joking, obviously :P) just summarize the summary, you'll do great! 

Some people are just born to be academic like that. 

Yeah that's totally understandable, I'm planning for the next five years at least, so I can once again justify the urge to shop :smug: 

well good luck and let us know how you like it! :) 

I was going to go to a yoga class tonight, but I'm too pooped. I barely got 3 hours of sleep it was so hot and then of course just when I could finally sleep I had to get up to go get a blood test and I've been pretty much a zombie ever since. I'll go on Wednesday I guess. 

Oh and I've been working on my adult coloring book *proud face* because I'm such a super adult. But really, it's cool, I almost forgot that coloring is actually fun. Well, that was as productive as I was going to get today, I suppose. 

40 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

70 pages...? Your thesis is 70 pages? Less than 100? That's some serious slacking, my lady, mine was 71 in total. (joking, obviously :P) just summarize the summary, you'll do great! 

Some people are just born to be academic like that. 

Yeah that's totally understandable, I'm planning for the next five years at least, so I can once again justify the urge to shop :smug: 

well good luck and let us know how you like it! :) 

I was going to go to a yoga class tonight, but I'm too pooped. I barely got 3 hours of sleep it was so hot and then of course just when I could finally sleep I had to get up to go get a blood test and I've been pretty much a zombie ever since. I'll go on Wednesday I guess. 

Oh and I've been working on my adult coloring book *proud face* because I'm such a super adult. But really, it's cool, I almost forgot that coloring is actually fun. Well, that was as productive as I was going to get today, I suppose. 

70 was an approximation, it is really something like 74 or 75 in total. And the other one was 94, I think. I spoke to a friend today who wrote a combined one for both programs and hers was like 160 or 180 or some such ...

I think I am just going to show the chapter titles and say these were the things I wanted to show and here is one very reduced example. I like showing an example of things.

Today somebody said to me "Do not go a PhD unless you absolutely know what you want to do with it." And I sure do not. That is why I am not going into it.

Then make it a lovely nice comfortable flat! :) It is so cool that you can live on your own in it.

Yay for non-productivity! :cheers:

Archived