TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

6 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

My first day as a student was pretty good. The people seem nice and the classes are looking more interesting by far than the ones in high school.

Very good! Are there any habits or rituals among students that you have to go through as a young beginning student? You know, the type where the older students make fun of you and shit.

16 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Very good! Are there any habits or rituals among students that you have to go through as a young beginning student? You know, the type where the older students make fun of you and shit.

Hazing? No, nothing of the kind. That's more for when you join fraternities.

34 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

My first day as a student was pretty good. The people seem nice and the classes are looking more interesting by far than the ones in high school.

:lol: 

Glad it went well for you, and hope it continues to go well. I have my first day as a Lawyer in 2 weeks, bit daunting really!!.

On 8/28/2016 at 0:39 AM, The BlackBear said:

Who was spooning who, and did anything as it were come up?

Pun of the week, right there. :D

On 8/28/2016 at 1:12 AM, Lord Sidious said:

What if there's nothing to come up on either spoon, what happens then? :P.

Click:leer: 

On 8/28/2016 at 1:20 AM, The BlackBear said:

I've been told to consider everything in life at least once with the exceptions of folk music and incest.

I'd say one of those things is worthy of consideration.

51 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Glad to hear that. :)

48 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Glad it went well for you, and hope it continues to go well. I have my first day as a Lawyer in 2 weeks, bit daunting really!!.

Thanks (you're being awfully friendly for a Sith lord...)
I can imagine, but I hope it goes well for you too.

29 minutes ago, TheCrannogDweller said:

I'd say one of those things is worthy of consideration.

Glad to hear that. :)

:o You pervert!

11 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Thanks (you're being awfully friendly for a Sith lord...)
I can imagine, but I hope it goes well for you too.

Sith Lords can (pretend to)  be kind you know.

Or perhaps I'm just feeling fragile and emotional after my rather excessive afternoon and evening out yesterday.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

70 was an approximation, it is really something like 74 or 75 in total. And the other one was 94, I think. I spoke to a friend today who wrote a combined one for both programs and hers was like 160 or 180 or some such ...

I think I am just going to show the chapter titles and say these were the things I wanted to show and here is one very reduced example. I like showing an example of things.

Today somebody said to me "Do not go a PhD unless you absolutely know what you want to do with it." And I sure do not. That is why I am not going into it.

Then make it a lovely nice comfortable flat! :) It is so cool that you can live on your own in it.

Yay for non-productivity! :cheers:

That's more like it :D I'm the queen of slacking around here and I wouldn't want that position jeopardized you know :lol::P 

Examples are cool, they make stuff more interesting. 

What CAN you do with a Phd? I mean other than start an academic career and teach and research at uni? (That's what my mother did with her phd at least) 

that's the plan, we'll see how it goes :) and yay indeed :eek: 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Let's hope it stays that way (the classes being more interesting than the ones in high school) :P seriously, I'm glad you liked the first day at school, I'm sure it's gonna be great :) 

20 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

That's more like it :D I'm the queen of slacking around here and I wouldn't want that position jeopardized you know :lol::P

What CAN you do with a Phd? I mean other than start an academic career and teach and research at uni? (That's what my mother did with her phd at least)

I am not trying to jeopardize your position, your grace. ;) As long as I can be the queen of overthinking.

Yes, that is basically what you can do with it, and I would surely like that. I think so at least. I mean, I would like to teach at uni and research.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Sith Lords can (pretend to)  be kind you know.

Or perhaps I'm just feeling fragile and emotional after my rather excessive afternoon and evening out yesterday.

Does our emperor need a hug?

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

Let's hope it stays that way (the classes being more interesting than the ones in high school) :P seriously, I'm glad you liked the first day at school, I'm sure it's gonna be great :) 

I hope so too. Thanks :) 

14 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Does our emperor need a hug?

I hope so too. Thanks :) 

Keep us updated about how it goes :) 

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am not trying to jeopardize your position, your grace. ;) As long as I can be the queen of overthinking.

Yes, that is basically what you can do with it, and I would surely like that. I think so at least. I mean, I would like to teach at uni and research.

Oh that's fine with me, the great land of overthinking needs a ruler as well :cheers: 

well that's that then, you know what you want to do with it, so why not go for it when the time is right? 

On 8/28/2016 at 2:38 PM, RhaeBee said:

It's a creepy movie, but worth watching. 

Hey, I think about shopping whatever I'm talking about :dunno: BESIDES, school is not all about education, school is about socializing, finding your interests, Tasting responsibility, developing skills, about making mistakes and learning from them in a safe environment, about friends and fun, and what's more fun than cool stationary that makes stuffing your head with 70% irrelevant information a tad bit more alluring. 

pfff, I would never do phd. but best of luck with whatever you decide to do :) 

thanks, I'll take chocolate chip. :cheers: 

I want a newly renovated, more or less unfurnished (except for kitchen counter and appliances of course) flat so I can get my own furniture. I'm up to repainting walls  too, but not the whole picking tiles and floor boards and lights and shower cabinet and all that, I've been there and done that once and I just can't be bothered, so much time, so much effort. I'm paying a fortune anyways, so just give me the flat ready for furnishing. 

Hope you'll love your new place! It sounds great and exciting! 

I agree, school was all about getting your feet wet in the deep end of the pool. I mean, it felt that way to me....

Furnishing is the best part about getting a new place! 

On 8/28/2016 at 4:21 PM, The BlackBear said:

Heya Cora. Don't drive tired silly. The wisdom I've always dispensed is 'don't stick your dick in crazy,' so just do whatever the appropriate form of that is in your case. Hope the lifestyle works out.

Yeah thanks, by the looks of my car I'm done with stupid. Lol I'm glad I don't have parents really, like compared to my younger self, I'm a complete disappointment. 

15 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Driving while really overtired is only marginally safer than driving drunk, you need to take better care of yourself, thankfully you're ok and no one was hurt.

Don't stick your fingers/tongue in crazy would probably work.

Ugh I have a 200 mile drive and a splitting headache to contend with now :(.

Yeah....thanks. I was more fearful of the other guy, hoping he was alright. I popped his tire, broke his side mirror (oh and my neighbor broke my side mirror and dinged my driver door while parking just five days before) and scratched his car pretty bad. Where did you go that was 200 miles away? 

9 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

70 pages...? Your thesis is 70 pages? Less than 100? That's some serious slacking, my lady, mine was 71 in total. (joking, obviously :P) just summarize the summary, you'll do great! 

Some people are just born to be academic like that. 

Yeah that's totally understandable, I'm planning for the next five years at least, so I can once again justify the urge to shop :smug: 

well good luck and let us know how you like it! :) 

I was going to go to a yoga class tonight, but I'm too pooped. I barely got 3 hours of sleep it was so hot and then of course just when I could finally sleep I had to get up to go get a blood test and I've been pretty much a zombie ever since. I'll go on Wednesday I guess. 

Oh and I've been working on my adult coloring book *proud face* because I'm such a super adult. But really, it's cool, I almost forgot that coloring is actually fun. Well, that was as productive as I was going to get today, I suppose. 

You take yoga classes!? That's badass, I've tried but I'm way too tense. How long have you been doing it? How do you feel?

8 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Glad you're liking it, and congrats on surviving your first day! 

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't stress over what you want to do, if you decide to get a PhD 

You're a smart gal, you will find a way to make use of it, I'm sure!

Plus you're so young, I'm sure in four years you'll have moved onto something else to stress about. Save yourself the mental burden. You'll figure it out in time.

On August 22, 2016 at 0:58 PM, Lord Sidious said:

It is indeed, I can transfer as soon as I'm fully qualified here so at least another Year.

On the subject of sleeping, I need 8 Hours a night or I'm extremely grumpy and unfriendly.

So you're in California... Welcome, welcome. if you are here in the southern part I can only make the educated gues that you are enjoying Beverly Hills? 

On August 26, 2016 at 2:08 PM, felice said:

It is rather good, yes. Though Kubo and the Two Strings is more fun.

I took squirt to Universal Studios because they had an exhibit of Leika's models and sets. The Kubo models/sets were absolutely beautiful! I got a picture of squirt with the paper birds :wub:

We went to see the movie last week and enjoyed it. 

On August 27, 2016 at 1:34 PM, First of My Name said:

:leer: Fear not, your king provides for his people.

Hide contents

It's a guy who went to the same elementary school as me that I came across on a dating app. We chatted extensively the next few weeks, turns out we share a lot of interests and he's as nice as they come, and the night before I went to Italy I went over to his house to watch Inglourious Basterds because we both loved that movie and he'd just bought a beamer. No chairs in his room so we had to lie in his bed. After the movie was done he suggested we watch The Conjuring next, which I'm pretty sure he did because people tend to cuddle during horror movies. So we spooned throughout that entire movie (as far as horror movies go it was pretty good) and when I was about to go home again he kissed me :D 
Atm neither of us are looking for a relationship (I'm very new to all this and he just had a bad breakup), but we agreed that we can still have a lot of fun together, maybe with some

Hide contents

benefits...

Hide contents

:leer: 

He keeps saying that he's missed me while I was in Italy and how glad he is that I'm back, and invited me to come over to his place for another movie as soon as I have the time.

Enough information? :P 

This is wonderful news! sounds like you are having some grand adventures :cheers: 

On August 27, 2016 at 3:20 PM, The BlackBear said:

I've been told to consider everything in life at least once with the exceptions of folk music and incest.

I feel somewhat sorry for that person.

pretty much what I was thinking but didn't want to say. 

On August 27, 2016 at 4:20 PM, ab aeterno said:

Goes Forth is the best Blackadder season, just to be clear. It might actually be the single best season of comedy television ever made. 

Yes and perhaps 

12 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I made it back safely :), also I had the most amazing night last night, it was great fun.

:cheers: awesome 

Cora - stay safe. Glad you weren't hurt. Are you moving back or are you staying where you are? 

Hello all! How's everyone?

Mr. O left back to the east coast tonight. He will be moving back here in January. The hope was that a job would open up here or in Texas but it hasn't happened yet. So the finances will be interesting for a while. Ugh. Finances. But I have a little boy who is now officially 6 years old that will be thrilled to have his papa back :) 

I lost my dog earlier in the month, he crossed the rainbow bridge suddenly, and it's been very hard. He was like my furry soulmate  just an absolute ball of love. But our younger pup was devastated as well and didn't eat for a few days and just moped and was clearly depressed. We ended up adopting a little guy from the shelter that pretty much looks like Admiral Ackbar (I really wasn't ready for another dog but couldn't stand to see her so sad). After two days of not being so sure of one another they are now playing non stop with each other and she's smiling once again. Literally, they play for hours. So I think we made the right decision. 

I will try to post pics later but he pretty much looks like this this  or admiral Ackbar. Whichever you please. 

On 28 August 2016 at 6:26 PM, RhaeBee said:

I could have done with more exploring this summer, but no complaints, I read a lot and the hotel Cuba Libre was nice. Ah I can see exploring other things went really well :D;) 

Thanks, I'll need it. <_< on the bright side, the new IKEA catalogue just fell out of my mailbox (literally, into my face), and I'm really exited to browse it through.

Speaking of, the 347th item on the list of Things I'm Currently Debating is the vanity table. The question is directed at anybody remotely interested in DIY, home decor or vanity. Should I get the standard everybody-owns-it Ikea vanity or take up on a little DIY project and give a makeover to my aunt's old vanity table?

IKEA one: + glass table top + larger (and nicer) mirror + less work - more(?) money - boring and standard 

old one: + more unique + more storage + less(?) money - no glass surface - needs repaint - funky (and smaller) mirror 

to be honest I'm not at all certain that giving a remake to the old one would cost less and I'm also not certain it would look nice painted white. 

The only downside is that you can't spoon with Netflix (in either way) and that's quite a downside. 

The only spoon needed with Netflix is one for eating ice cream. *clearly with a love life right now*

On 28 August 2016 at 8:19 PM, The Legend of Cora said:

Hey, how is everyone?

Life's been so crazy....I got into a car accident on Thursday, since I was falling asleep while driving. This thing is bad. Its scary shit, its like you blackout then "OMG I'M ON THE ROAD WTF!!" So yeah, I did that and I got a ticket, obviously I hit someone, and it was $3 shy of $1300. Not too bad, given the fact that I was falling asleep on the state patrol who was issuing me the ticket. He was so nice, I felt bad....but yeah

I also broke up with my boyfriend who can't seem to grasp the fact that we're no longer together....*sigh*

Oh and my girlfriend is fucking scary, like I can't read her aggressive behavior at all....dating her is like playing that game mines. Lol, but for some reason I enjoy her company and she's crazy enough to enjoy mine.

Um....I'm going back to school, that's going to be something lol I've not been in a while, it feels foreign even thinking about the possibility to go back.

Eh, how are you guys?

sounds scary, get more sleep and take care of yourself. I hope you are okay.

Sorry about the BF and maybe-unhinged gf. You remind me of my flatmate, she attracts all the super creeps and fuckboys too.

Enjoy school! I didn't realise you had taken time off, but I hope it all goes well for you

16 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I made it back safely :), also I had the most amazing night last night, it was great fun.

It's not a good night until you've crushed at least one rebellion and destroyed several planets.

14 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Eek, exciting! Hope it all goes well for you

4 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

So you're in California... Welcome, welcome. if you are here in the southern part I can only make the educated gues that you are enjoying Beverly Hills? 

I took squirt to Universal Studios because they had an exhibit of Leika's models and sets. The Kubo models/sets were absolutely beautiful! I got a picture of squirt with the paper birds :wub:

We went to see the movie last week and enjoyed it. 

This is wonderful news! sounds like you are having some grand adventures :cheers: 

pretty much what I was thinking but didn't want to say. 

Yes and perhaps 

:cheers: awesome 

Cora - stay safe. Glad you weren't hurt. Are you moving back or are you staying where you are? 

Hello all! How's everyone?

Mr. O left back to the east coast tonight. He will be moving back here in January. The hope was that a job would open up here or in Texas but it hasn't happened yet. So the finances will be interesting for a while. Ugh. Finances. But I have a little boy who is now officially 6 years old that will be thrilled to have his papa back :) 

I lost my dog earlier in the month, he crossed the rainbow bridge suddenly, and it's been very hard. He was like my furry soulmate  just an absolute ball of love. But our younger pup was devastated as well and didn't eat for a few days and just moped and was clearly depressed. We ended up adopting a little guy from the shelter that pretty much looks like Admiral Ackbar (I really wasn't ready for another dog but couldn't stand to see her so sad). After two days of not being so sure of one another they are now playing non stop with each other and she's smiling once again. Literally, they play for hours. So I think we made the right decision. 

I will try to post pics later but he pretty much looks like this this  or admiral Ackbar. Whichever you please. 

LadyO :grouphug: I remember you saying about your dog, very sad :( I'm glad you've found another adorable little pooch to play with though. And it's always fortunate when they got along well. 

Is Lil' O back to school yet? That's great about Mr O though. But I thought (or maybe I just misremembered) you were intending to go out and join him? Either way, good news, and I'm sure you will manage with finances. Speaking of, I'm going to be back to paying rent next week. Hurrah. At least this year I'm going into my tenancy with some money already tucked away from working over the summer

14 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

well that's that then, you know what you want to do with it, so why not go for it when the time is right? 

Yes. When the time is right, when I can afford it etc. when. :)

8 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Don't stress over what you want to do, if you decide to get a PhD 

You're a smart gal, you will find a way to make use of it, I'm sure!

Plus you're so young, I'm sure in four years you'll have moved onto something else to stress about. Save yourself the mental burden. You'll figure it out in time.

I am older than you. :P And no worries, I always find something to stress about, even if realistically there is no reason - I will find it.

6 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Hurray for January, hurray for the new puppy and the old one getting along, and happy belated birthday to Alex, if I understand right? Such a big boy! :)

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It's not a good night until you've crushed at least one rebellion and destroyed several planets.

Did you mean: A Sith day without at least three Force lightning blasts is considered a dull affair?

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Speaking of, I'm going to be back to paying rent next week. Hurrah. At least this year I'm going into my tenancy with some money already tucked away from working over the summer

Good luck in the new school year!

9 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

You take yoga classes!? That's badass, I've tried but I'm way too tense. How long have you been doing it? How do you feel?

I don't. I did, for a while last year, but then I kinda stopped. It'd be nice to get back to it. 

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The only spoon needed with Netflix is one for eating ice cream. *clearly with a love life right now*

Good point :lol: 

9 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Yeah....thanks. I was more fearful of the other guy, hoping he was alright. I popped his tire, broke his side mirror (oh and my neighbor broke my side mirror and dinged my driver door while parking just five days before) and scratched his car pretty bad. Where did you go that was 200 miles away? 

Ah the damage doesn't sound too bad then, will it be expensive to fix your car?.

I went to a big party.

7 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I'm back in the UK now but will be moving to California in a year once I've finished my internship and can transfer, I will be a little further south than Beverly Hills, I have family in Orange County so I will be moving near them.

Who's to say I didn't :P

Eek, exciting! Hope it all goes well for you

Thanks!!, I'm sure it will be ok, just it will be weighing on my mind a bit now.

Archived