TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

20 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

*nods*

Well too bad! You should have thought of that before Alderaan!

Spoiler

:grouphug: 

20 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Keep us updated about how it goes :) 

Sure :) I got invited a sort-of-party already, but it ended up being cancelled.

14 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Glad you're liking it, and congrats on surviving your first day! 

12 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

This is wonderful news! sounds like you are having some grand adventures :cheers: 

Mr. O left back to the east coast tonight. He will be moving back here in January. The hope was that a job would open up here or in Texas but it hasn't happened yet. So the finances will be interesting for a while. Ugh. Finances. But I have a little boy who is now officially 6 years old that will be thrilled to have his papa back :) 

I lost my dog earlier in the month, he crossed the rainbow bridge suddenly, and it's been very hard. He was like my furry soulmate  just an absolute ball of love. But our younger pup was devastated as well and didn't eat for a few days and just moped and was clearly depressed. We ended up adopting a little guy from the shelter that pretty much looks like Admiral Ackbar (I really wasn't ready for another dog but couldn't stand to see her so sad). After two days of not being so sure of one another they are now playing non stop with each other and she's smiling once again. Literally, they play for hours. So I think we made the right decision. 

Yeah, I'm seeing him again tonight :) 

ETA; Oh, and BB, I'll remember your advice ;) 

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Ah the damage doesn't sound too bad then, will it be expensive to fix your car?.

I went to a big party.

I'm back in the UK now but will be moving to California in a year once I've finished my internship and can transfer, I will be a little further south than Beverly Hills, I have family in Orange County so I will be moving near them.

Who's to say I didn't :P

Thanks!!, I'm sure it will be ok, just it will be weighing on my mind a bit now.

I work in Orange County but live in LA county. Orange County is pretty nice - you will have to let me know how you like it. Moving here was a HUGE adjustment for me :lol: but now I'm used to it and hoping to move somewhere with a bit slower pace. 

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Well too bad! You should have thought of that before Alderaan!

Reveal hidden contents

:grouphug: 

I'm feeling much better and more predisposed to using Force Lightning again today my little.....Dutch.....friend.

1 hour ago, Lady Olenna said:

I work in Orange County but live in LA county. Orange County is pretty nice - you will have to let me know how you like it. Moving here was a HUGE adjustment for me :lol: but now I'm used to it and hoping to move somewhere with a bit slower pace. 

I love it out there, I have family in Laguna Beach so I will be looking to move there or close by, although work wise I think I could well find myself needing to commute to LA *sigh*

:lol: First and Sidius, I died at "my little Dutch friend" and that Yoda gif is a gem :lol: 

aaaaah, the Internet is tiring today... I deleted my Twitter ages ago, because it got on my nerves, but I keep buzzfeed around because of its ridiculous quizzes and some posts that actually entertain me sometimes. But stupid buzzfeed keeps publishing the shitty Twitter exchanges I left Twitter for. Har! 

In other news, sister moved back to the dorm today and pumpkin spice lattes are back. I wish the weather realized this is the last day of summer too. I want sweater weather, rain, crispy wind and colorful leaves. How am I supposed to get a pumpkin spice latte while it's 28 degrees outside? 

Kids are sweet, btw, I've been in town running a few errands and kids are everywhere enjoying the last day of their summer holiday. When I say kids I mean middle and high school students. So teens, more like. 

Aaaand I received my long awaited book order earlier today as well. :commie: Aaaand... there's really not much else to ramble on about. 

6 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Okay so I was looking for a gif of Yoda igniting his lightsaber to reply with but then I found this and it's so much better.

I'd have preferred one of him fleeing for his life through the air vent, but I must admit him falling over will do instead.

Also, can you empty some of your inbox please?, I wish to converse with you.

Glad school is off to a good start First.

My son started high school this week.  I was quite sad. He’s also been playing cards against humanity with his friends :lol: he’s so not a baby anymore. I’m not sure I know how to handle not having a little one. Pip had not quite reached this stage when Alex came along (Becky had reached it long before, always being so independent). So for the first time in 30 years, I don’t have someone relying on me for just about everything.

Worldcon was amazing! I ate and drank* too much and slept too little.  By Saturday night, I was down to 3 hours of sleep :lol: Got to meet some amazing people! (and I stayed up all hours of the night talking to them). And the Hugo Losers party was beyond anything I have ever been to before.

Took me nearly a week to recover :lol: That was a lot of sleep to lose ;)

I am totally addicted to Pokemon Go :rofl: I know it is silly, but I like it.

*as someone who rarely drinks, 2 drinks was “enough” the first 3 nights…that last night I was drunk. I knew the moment I was…I suddenly had the urge to start kissing people. (I’m a very fun drunk, obviously, too fun, in fact, which is another reason to avoid it ;) )

Ps. Zar!  Just one month to go :love:

5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I'd have preferred one of him fleeing for his life through the air vent, but I must admit him falling over will do instead.

Also, can you empty some of your inbox please?, I wish to converse with you.

On it. There's room now.

56 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Glad school is off to a good start First.

My son started high school this week.  I was quite sad. He’s also been playing cards against humanity with his friends :lol: he’s so not a baby anymore. I’m not sure I know how to handle not having a little one. Pip had not quite reached this stage when Alex came along (Becky had reached it long before, always being so independent). So for the first time in 30 years, I don’t have someone relying on me for just about everything.

Worldcon was amazing! I ate and drank* too much and slept too little.  By Saturday night, I was down to 3 hours of sleep :lol: Got to meet some amazing people! (and I stayed up all hours of the night talking to them). And the Hugo Losers party was beyond anything I have ever been to before.

I am totally addicted to Pokemon Go :rofl: I know it is silly, but I like it.

I can imagine it'd take some time to get used to that. You can be my mother if you want?

Glad you had a good time, it sounds fun.

I should play it more, I've forgotten it existed since I had to go without in Italy.

Slow Internet does not allow me to see the gif you all are praising so much and I do not even want to click on youtube links because it will just annoy me more than load ...

But then, I have Internet, which is better than what can be said for the last two days.

Not much to ramble about.

18 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

In other news, sister moved back to the dorm today and pumpkin spice lattes are back. I wish the weather realized this is the last day of summer too. I want sweater weather, rain, crispy wind and colorful leaves. How am I supposed to get a pumpkin spice latte while it's 28 degrees outside?

I still enjoyed summer yesterday, at the seaside, on the beach. :D It was great, the sea is still warm enough for swimming and the weather was really warm and it was sunny and I wouls stay at the seaside for a few more days if I could and extend my summer. :D Sadly I cannot because I have a MA to defend tomorrow and because my grandparents are staying in the house now.

I also have a bunch of friends on an Adriatic island whom I dearly wish to have a good time and of course I do not want them to be stuck on an island where there is nothing to do in shitty weather if the ferry lines get cancelled because of strong wind, so there must be still summer for them. :)

I am not a fan of autumn actually. But the (almost-)boyfriend apparently plans to change that by making me wear a costume on Halloween. :P

13 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

You need to have your grandchildren over for some weeks! That is what grandmothers are for, no? ;)

I am sure with your support, Alex will just fly through high school. :read:

13 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Took me nearly a week to recover :lol: That was a lot of sleep to lose ;)

*as someone who rarely drinks, 2 drinks was “enough” the first 3 nights…that last night I was drunk. I knew the moment I was…I suddenly had the urge to start kissing people. (I’m a very fun drunk, obviously, too fun, in fact, which is another reason to avoid it ;) )

Ps. Zar!  Just one month to go :love:

Glad you had a good time. Which of the spammers were there too? I saw plenty of pictures from the con on fb, but I know the faces of the American BWB much less than I know the European side.

Where is Zar? He asked about me and then disappeared. :(

ETA:
Rhae - why are you not on the pictionary list yet? :D

FOMN - any report on how "things" are going? ;)

On 8/29/2016 at 9:20 PM, Lady Olenna said:

So you're in California... Welcome, welcome. if you are here in the southern part I can only make the educated gues that you are enjoying Beverly Hills? 

I took squirt to Universal Studios because they had an exhibit of Leika's models and sets. The Kubo models/sets were absolutely beautiful! I got a picture of squirt with the paper birds :wub:

We went to see the movie last week and enjoyed it. 

This is wonderful news! sounds like you are having some grand adventures :cheers: 

pretty much what I was thinking but didn't want to say. 

Yes and perhaps 

:cheers: awesome 

Cora - stay safe. Glad you weren't hurt. Are you moving back or are you staying where you are? 

Hello all! How's everyone?

Mr. O left back to the east coast tonight. He will be moving back here in January. The hope was that a job would open up here or in Texas but it hasn't happened yet. So the finances will be interesting for a while. Ugh. Finances. But I have a little boy who is now officially 6 years old that will be thrilled to have his papa back :) 

I lost my dog earlier in the month, he crossed the rainbow bridge suddenly, and it's been very hard. He was like my furry soulmate  just an absolute ball of love. But our younger pup was devastated as well and didn't eat for a few days and just moped and was clearly depressed. We ended up adopting a little guy from the shelter that pretty much looks like Admiral Ackbar (I really wasn't ready for another dog but couldn't stand to see her so sad). After two days of not being so sure of one another they are now playing non stop with each other and she's smiling once again. Literally, they play for hours. So I think we made the right decision. 

I will try to post pics later but he pretty much looks like this this  or admiral Ackbar. Whichever you please. 

My condolences, I know it takes a real emotional toll when you lose your pet. They are your family!

I have no intention to move back, I didn't like the weather or traffic.....only reason I would consider going back, is for school.....putting a pin in that. Definitely going to visit, since I have close friends out there. 

PS, we still need to get that coffee! :P

On 8/30/2016 at 1:27 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

The only spoon needed with Netflix is one for eating ice cream. *clearly with a love life right now*

sounds scary, get more sleep and take care of yourself. I hope you are okay.

Sorry about the BF and maybe-unhinged gf. You remind me of my flatmate, she attracts all the super creeps and fuckboys too.

Enjoy school! I didn't realise you had taken time off, but I hope it all goes well for you

It's not a good night until you've crushed at least one rebellion and destroyed several planets.

I feel like I should be offended by my choices, but I'm just as bad for putting myself in these situations so.....yeah

How are you?

I really love your "only spoon be a mental one" philosophy!!

On 8/30/2016 at 4:12 AM, Buckwheat said:

Yes. When the time is right, when I can afford it etc. when. :)

I am older than you. :P And no worries, I always find something to stress about, even if realistically there is no reason - I will find it.

Hurray for January, hurray for the new puppy and the old one getting along, and happy belated birthday to Alex, if I understand right? Such a big boy! :)

Did you mean: A Sith day without at least three Force lightning blasts is considered a dull affair?

Good luck in the new school year!

Your point being? :P 

On 8/30/2016 at 5:20 AM, RhaeBee said:

I don't. I did, for a while last year, but then I kinda stopped. It'd be nice to get back to it. 

Good point :lol: 

Get back into it then! :whip: 

On 8/30/2016 at 5:24 AM, Lord Sidious said:

Ah the damage doesn't sound too bad then, will it be expensive to fix your car?.

I went to a big party.

I'm back in the UK now but will be moving to California in a year once I've finished my internship and can transfer, I will be a little further south than Beverly Hills, I have family in Orange County so I will be moving near them.

Who's to say I didn't :P

Thanks!!, I'm sure it will be ok, just it will be weighing on my mind a bit now.

Well it will cost about $6,000 to fix.....so technically its not too bad.....I guess 

Glad you had fun!

Also, Yoda is badass so you two better be nice

2 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Your point being? :P 

Well, that I am not that young!

2 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Well it will cost about $6,000 to fix.....so technically its not too bad.....I guess

That sounds a lot to me. :eek:

On 8/29/2016 at 9:20 PM, Lady Olenna said:
17 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So I'm not sure how to get rid of this, but just because I'm young doesn't mean that you aren't! Lol You're like five years older than me I believe? 

I think I'm slowly coming to terms with how expensive my stupidity has become, so 6k isn't THAT much....honestly I wish I could be putting that money towards something else 

1 minute ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Yes, and five years is a lot. :P You are so much more adult than myself in some regards, I think.

Of course everybody wishes they could be spending their money on something else than repairs. But if you can survive it, good. :)

Just now, Buckwheat said:

Yes, and five years is a lot. :P You are so much more adult than myself in some regards, I think.

Of course everybody wishes they could be spending their money on something else than repairs. But if you can survive it, good. :)

I'm not more of an adult!

The grass in definitely greener on your side! Lol

Yes, survive... I think I can continue to do this.

Anyway, enough of me. How are you today?

1 minute ago, The Legend of Cora said:

I'm not more of an adult!

The grass in definitely greener on your side! Lol

Yes, survive... I think I can continue to do this.

Anyway, enough of me. How are you today?

Of course you are! You are on your own, with work and everything. I am still with my parents and all.

Maybe it is, that is why it is too comfortable and I do not want to leave my bubble. :P

My throat and my head hurt a bit, which HAS to end today, since I have a presentation tomorrow morning and I cannot be speaking with a raspy voice! :angry: This is ridiculous, I was kissing the almost-boyfriend a few days in a row when he had a pretty horrible cold and did not cough once. And now I get a sore throat out of the blue a day before my MA defence? The hell?

Archived