TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Mushrooms are just icky.

I guess too plain ... does not have a good taste, simple as that. :dunno:

Poor you! I cannot imagine being lactose intolerant, I love all sorts of milky things. Cheese in many forms. Today, valonqar and I are making salad with feta on in.

Blueberries and raspberries and strawberries are all very good.

Steak you mean as in cow steak? Out of meat, I like chicken and turkey most, I eat pork and veal (that is the word for cow meat, right?) occasionally, but mostly I eat poultry. I will have you know that poultry is less heavy than pig or cow. ;)

I had grilled octopus a few times, it is ... gummy. I eat it, but it was not especially good. I do like shells and squids (calamari) and shrimps though.

Ice cream: stracciatella, blueberry, raspberry, forest fruit, coconut, hazelnut. I guess I should add "Katzenzungeneis" on that list now, it is something Viennese that I tried a few weeks ago and it was very good. I never knew there was such a thing as green tea flavoured ice cream.

Yes, cow steak! Its the best!!

Yes, veal is the meat of calves.  I don't like turkey too much, its too heavy. I mean heavy on my stomach.  There is blueberry ice cream? :shocked:WHERE IS THIS?

14 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I saw him again the night before last. We watched Cloud Atlas, once again spooning (and this time you know what I mean!), and made out. So that was pretty nice.

The smell is the best part. But I only drink it in the school cantine.

Great movie, even better book! :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Black cherry ice cream, or coffee ice cream are my favourites.

Other favourite foods, goats cheese, blueberries, raspberries, sweet potato, prawns.

Things are good for me, in response to your other post which I'm too lazy to go back and quote. Still grieving over Penny Dreadful :crying: But Stranger Things is renewed for Season 2 so things are on the up :P (you should watch it, you'll enjoy it).

Since I've not spoke to you in a while, I've been working in a pub this summer, so I won't be going back to uni completely destitute.

Cloud Atlas! :wub: Will need to rewatch that now. Minus the spooning because the whole flirting thing really isn't working for me

Blueberries! Yeeeeees

Dude I havent even made time to watch season three of PD! Never heard of Stranger Things. I'll give them both a watch....in time. :leaving:

Lol well that sounds fun! How are you liking it? I feel a slapstick joke with this whole "future lawyer working in a pub" :lol: (it could just be me....but this is awesome!) 

14 hours ago, First of My Name said:

And it gets better! I mentioned to him that I wanted to read the book too, and now it has mysteriously appeared in my mailbox. Damn, that's really sweet :wub:

Awww thats the sweetest! Tell us how you like it!

10 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Yes Cora drugs are bad!!, especially pot, it's a gateway drug.....

Look who's talking.... ;)

Would you prefer something else?, how about:

grapefruits should be seen and not heard.....

I got the first reference....I decided to not even :lol:

@RhaeBee

That's still pretty cool, I don't know the first thing to stitching! Lol 

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

What, do I seem like an alien now? :(

IDK, depends on what it is.

Here are some foods and drinks I like: cheese on just about anything, fish, seafood (well maybe not octopus all that much), chicken, boiled potatoes, ice cream, peas, boiled broccoli, little tomatoes (all tomatoes, but the little ones are especially delicious!), raisins ...
Here are some foods and drinks I dislike: cauliflower, mushrooms in all shapes and states of preparation, coffee, corn ...

Now you can be all weirded out as much as you like. :P

I have many of those foods growing in my garden - lots of cherry tomatoes, my favorites are the yellow ones. 

Raisins should be eaten in rum raisin ice cream that is the only way. 

And how exactly have I missed this news of an almost boyfriend??!! :idea: 

Black cherry ice cream, or coffee ice cream are my favourites.

Other favourite foods, goats cheese, blueberries, raspberries, sweet potato, prawns.

Things are good for me, in response to your other post which I'm too lazy to go back and quote. Still grieving over Penny Dreadful :crying: But Stranger Things is renewed for Season 2 so things are on the up :P (you should watch it, you'll enjoy it).

Since I've not spoke to you in a while, I've been working in a pub this summer, so I won't be going back to uni completely destitute.

Cloud Atlas! :wub: Will need to rewatch that now. Minus the spooning because the whole flirting thing really isn't working for me

PD season three is not on Netflix yet so I have a season to look forward to. Stranger things is awesome.

Would you prefer something else?, how about:

grapefruits should be seen and not heard.....

I have an enormous grapefruit tree in the backyard. When they drop they make this weird loud sudden thud followed by a squelch. My dog was standing under the tree and almost got knocked out today. 

Wish whoever planted the tree would have opted for a persimmon tree or avocados. 

14 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

I used to go to halloween parties in middle school, but then sort of fell out of it and started to appreciate all hallow's day (november 1) the actual holiday we celebrate.

Oooooh my other grandma does gobelin too, I used to love that as a kid too. And I did These stitching thingies a lot too. 

Knitting and crochet looked overly difficult for me to try. I'm not very interested in either, to be honest, but I do want to improve my stitches. 

We also celebrate another holiday on October 31th, Reformation day.

I never did those stitches. My mother is very good at knitting and crochet and I tried to learn, but did not get far because I was not interested enough.

7 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Yes, cow steak! Its the best!!

Yes, veal is the meat of calves.  I don't like turkey too much, its too heavy. I mean heavy on my stomach.  There is blueberry ice cream? :shocked:WHERE IS THIS?

Nah, I do not like cow all that much.

What do you mean, where is blueberry ice cream? Literally everywhere, it is as common as raspberry and coconut and lemon and such common ice cream flavours.

6 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I have many of those foods growing in my garden - lots of cherry tomatoes, my favorites are the yellow ones. 

Raisins should be eaten in rum raisin ice cream that is the only way. 

And how exactly have I missed this news of an almost boyfriend??!! :idea:

Having a garden must be very handy. :) Many people here grow some of their vegetables in a garden. We do not have one though.

Raisins are good in cakes and sweets.

You probably did not miss anything, I just did not share all that much. :) There is a supernatural entity that I choose to call almost-boyfriend on here, but then he can also be named boyfriend or some other word.

Buckwheat the graduate.

To be fair, Lapras is awesome :wub: 

Ab will be so disappointed in me. I blame my summer at home, it's infectious

The countryside always sucks me back in whenever I visit home too. It will always be a part of me and once upon a time when I have a family of my own I have every intention to move back to the country or at the very least to the suburbs. 

8 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

@RhaeBee

That's still pretty cool, I don't know the first thing to stitching! Lol 

Oh come on now, you are the crafty person around here :D My stitches are below average. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I never did those stitches. My mother is very good at knitting and crochet and I tried to learn, but did not get far because I was not interested enough.

We have one on October 23rd and the one on November 1st, the period in between is usually when the lucky have their autumn holidays. It is going to be absolutely terrible to not enjoy the benefits of school holidays any longer. 

Same here. 

By the way, (I did delete this part of your post for space, but) the boyfriend is supernatural?! Why didn't you say this before? I demand to be introduced to Aquaman asap. As in This  Aquaman, obviously. 

I'm baking pumpkin spice cupcakes. I don't care it's 28 degrees outside. It's September and there are actual fallen leaves in the garden and the pumpkin purée is about to expire. 

8 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I have an enormous grapefruit tree in the backyard. When they drop they make this weird loud sudden thud followed by a squelch. My dog was standing under the tree and almost got knocked out today. 

Wish whoever planted the tree would have opted for a persimmon tree or avocados. 

You should speak to the princess of grapefruit and ask her to dress down her unruly subjects.

Alright, you would think that baking some cupcakes is not that difficult, let me assure you it is. :rofl: 

First things first, you won't have one or more of the most basic and essential ingredients, say baking soda. Let's go on a countryside quest and see what happens. 

No baking soda? Bah, why don't I hop over to a corner shop and get some, I'll be back in before I know. 

Maybe I should change my jogging pants to some shorts if I do not intend to melt in the 30 degrees heat outside. 

Oh look, I don't have any shorts in my closet. Why don't I borrow one from the sister's? 

Oh look, she doesn't have any shorts in her closet either. Bah, of course, she is off to school... Wait... Didn't school start yesterday? So didn't she spend TWO days at the dorm this week? Did she need twelve (the approximate collective number of her shorts and my shorts combined) pairs of shorts for two days...? Oh well, sister will be sister. (Hey look, is that my checked shirt and sports bra in there?) 

After having a closer look and fishing out a pair of jogging shorts from the bottomless pits of sister's closet, I'm finally ready to set off. 

I take sister's bike, because it has a basket and head to the nearest shop. Not without company. People greet Prince William - obviously he is the wider known face from the two of us. 

I queue for approximately fifteen minutes before the shop assistant asks how she can help me. She is the older sister of my first grade best friend. She had lost all the weight. I smile and ask for baking soda. She is sorry but they don't have any. Prince William and I cycle over to the "large" shop. Well, I do and he tags along. 

I go straight to the baking section (it's not like I have any cash for impulse shopping anyways) and look for baking soda. Gelatin fix, pudding, icing, sponge cake base, starch, baking powder, vanilla/rum/almond/lemon/etc essence, pudding, muffin base, gelatin fix, pudding, vanilla, pudding, more pudding, baking powder, pudding. Hey puddin', where's the baking soda. You guessed, in the spice section. 

I queue for another ten minutes and pay €0.88 for my baking soda and cheapest gum. Just about the amount of change I have on me. The lady in the cashier says goodbye to me and hello to Prince William as I step out of the door where he patiently waits for my return. 

We finally head home and not one, not two, but three cars pass us on the way home, where I let myself in through the gate and park sister's bike in the back yard. Prince William is out of sight, most likely chasing an unsuspecting cat - he would never dare go up against a suspecting one. 

After a 50-minute detour, I finally have baking soda. I love the country :wub: 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Nah, I do not like cow all that much.

What do you mean, where is blueberry ice cream? Literally everywhere, it is as common as raspberry and coconut and lemon and such common ice cream flavours.

Having a garden must be very handy. :) Many people here grow some of their vegetables in a garden. We do not have one though.

Raisins are good in cakes and sweets.

You probably did not miss anything, I just did not share all that much. :) There is a supernatural entity that I choose to call almost-boyfriend on here, but then he can also be named boyfriend or some other word.

Buckwheat the graduate.

Lemon is a common ice cream flavor?

I have heard of lemon sorbet, but never ice cream! If I knew about the blueberry kind, I would have stocked up! :shocked:

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Meh at least I do the fun ones :P

hypocritical either way, no matter if its snow or grass. ;)

2 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

The countryside always sucks me back in whenever I visit home too. It will always be a part of me and once upon a time when I have a family of my own I have every intention to move back to the country or at the very least to the suburbs. 

Oh come on now, you are the crafty person around here :D My stitches are below average. 

We have one on October 23rd and the one on November 1st, the period in between is usually when the lucky have their autumn holidays. It is going to be absolutely terrible to not enjoy the benefits of school holidays any longer. 

Same here. 

By the way, (I did delete this part of your post for space, but) the boyfriend is supernatural?! Why didn't you say this before? I demand to be introduced to Aquaman asap. As in This  Aquaman, obviously. 

I'm baking pumpkin spice cupcakes. I don't care it's 28 degrees outside. It's September and there are actual fallen leaves in the garden and the pumpkin purée is about to expire. 

Lol do you top your cupcakes with anything? Pumpkin anything sounds very fitting! Lol even though its very grey and raining (love it so fucking much! :wub:and there are no fallen leaves here.

2 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

What is October 23rd? I have not heard of a holiday on this date.

Is this Jason Momoa? What film is this from? And no, the friend is not Aquaman. If anything, he looks like ... another actor that I will reveal to you in PM because it is embarrassing to say it in public. :P

I have never made anything with pumpkin in it.

1 hour ago, DreamSongs said:

Congrats Buckwheat!

Thanks. :)

1 minute ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Lemon is a common ice cream flavor?

I have heard of lemon sorbet, but never ice cream! If I knew about the blueberry kind, I would have stocked up! :shocked:

:o What kind of a world is there on the other side of Atlantic? You have neither lemon nor blueberry ice cream - what are the common flavours there?

Reasons today is a good day:
1. I defended my thesis and got the highest grade.

2. I confirmed and sent the agreement about the new Buckkeep, where I will live from next month on.

3. I got a job for the next few weeks, starting on Monday.

Reason today is bad: headache. Please stop.

8 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

What is October 23rd? I have not heard of a holiday on this date.

Is this Jason Momoa? What film is this from? And no, the friend is not Aquaman. If anything, he looks like ... another actor that I will reveal to you in PM because it is embarrassing to say it in public. :P

I have never made anything with pumpkin in it.

Thanks. :)

:o What kind of a world is there on the other side of Atlantic? You have neither lemon nor blueberry ice cream - what are the common flavours there?

Reasons today is a good day:
1. I defended my thesis and got the highest grade.

2. I confirmed and sent the agreement about the new Buckkeep, where I will live from next month on.

3. I got a job for the next few weeks, starting on Monday.

Reason today is bad: headache. Please stop.

This is great news! Congratulations!!

I hope you enjoy yourself! Sorry about the headache though :( no fun.

Common flavors?

Chocolate

Vanilla

Strawberry

From what I'm aware of through my friends, I have included some of their personal favorites that I always see in every story that sells ice cream.

Chocolate mint 

Cookie dough

Butter Pecan 

Rocky Road (chocolate ice cream, marshmallows, and almonds)

Black raspberry

Birthday cake (plain shit with sprinkles!)

Then anything with caramel in it....

PS

Go make something with pumpkin in it!

4 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

This is great news! Congratulations!!

Thanks.

Ice cream flavours:

4 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

I hope you enjoy yourself! Sorry about the headache though :( no fun.

Common flavors?

Chocolate - yep, common

Vanilla - yep

Strawberry - yep

From what I'm aware of through my friends, I have included some of their personal favorites that I always see in every story that sells ice cream.

Chocolate mint - no, I do not think I have seen this before

Cookie dough - cookie yes, but dough? No.

Butter Pecan - no, I only heard of that pecan thingy on this forum

Rocky Road (chocolate ice cream, marshmallows, and almonds) - nope

Black raspberry - I guess? There are all kinds of differene "berry" ice creams, so not sure

Birthday cake (plain shit with sprinkles!) - nah ... or maybe under different name. But I do not think so.

Then anything with caramel in it....

PS

Go make something with pumpkin in it!

And I do not really like the taste of pumpkin.

3 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

hypocritical either way, no matter if its snow or grass. ;)

I disagree, smoking weed is the road to ruin, it makes you an unproductive, lazy mess who just wants to sit on the sofa and eat junk food.

Archived