TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

4 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Besides, the world is shitty enough as it is, I don't need to think about theories that prove this any further.

It's actually the other way around, terrible things happen in the world, it can be comforting to think they're being orchestrated by some shady bastards in darkened rooms, and not just bad luck and general human maliciousness.

1 minute ago, The BlackBear said:

It's actually the other way around, terrible things happen in the world, it can be comforting to think they're being orchestrated by some shady bastards in darkened rooms, and not just bad luck and general human maliciousness.

Really? I don't find that comforting at all. I don't find the thought of any human being having that kind of power comforting at all. I would much rather live with the conviction that the universe/fate/God likes to punch us in the face from time to time and that the human race will never not have some general maliciousness. 

23 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh no, not conspiracy theories... :eek: I don't think we broke any records today, but it feels like fresh air is being sucked out of the city center, and we have this stale heat instead... 

Fortunately it was more managable today. I went to a café with some classmates to have lunch and cool drinks, so that kept me from melting.

23 hours ago, The Lone Rider said:

NoSleep is a great sub for amateur horror writers. Some really great stories even for people who don't like Horror. Try reading PenPal - it's my favorite and the best NoSleep story imo.

I'm sure it's good, but my bookpile is way too big already. Do you write yourself too?

(Seriously though, if your story earlier is something someone else wrote, don't claim it as your own, that's not cool).

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

*waves* Here! I am out already! You need to employ better guards that are less likely to bribe. ;)

Crap. Blackbear, you're fired! Rhaenys, you're the new Captain of Guards.

4 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

While I disagree with the sentiment, I think this is actually a major factor behind conspiracy theorists. They fear the idea that people aren't in control, or they their own views aren't popular, or that they aren't proficient, so they invent or adopt conspiracies to blame instead.

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Really? I don't find that comforting at all. I don't find the thought of any human being having that kind of power comforting at all. I would much rather live with the conviction that the universe/fate/God likes to punch us in the face from time to time and that the human race will never not have some general maliciousness. 

I find power comforting, as long as its unlimited, obviously.

55 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Fortunately it was more managable today. I went to a café with some classmates to have lunch and cool drinks, so that kept me from melting.

I'm sure it's good, but my bookpile is way too big already. Do you write yourself too?

(Seriously though, if your story earlier is something someone else wrote, don't claim it as your own, that's not cool).

It was better here today too, it was a little cloudy by the air is definintely fresher. 

The lunch sounds great! We always ended up having lunch at the school buffet or Burger King because there was no time for anything else (if we had classes both before and after lunch break, which we did most of the time).

wha- what? Me? Why? I have no idea about security--- I mean, wow, what an honor! I did do karate for like three months, I'm sure I'm qualified to protect your royal person! I'll do the best job ever...! I... *drops voice to whisper*  do I get a castle and a lord as perks? 

21 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I find power comforting, as long as its unlimited, obviously.

Yeah, but that's different, you the great lord of sith would never ever use your power for mass destruction...! 

So I want to get on a train and smack some sense into sister's head. Who the bloody hell agrees to be in an open relationship with an asshole who had previously treated her like crap and messed around with other girls while they were together? 

It got colder today here too, with just a bit of rain during my class.

End of work for the week, yay.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

:P Blblblbl!

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, but that's different, you the great lord of sith would never ever use your power for mass destruction...! 

*raised eyebrow* Really?

So I want to get on a train and smack some sense into sister's head. Who the bloody hell agrees to be in an open relationship with an asshole who had previously treated her like crap and messed around with other girls while they were together? 

Go take the train, go smack the sister, and then claim the money for the train ticket from her. :P

Of course not, unless you're a Jedi or some form of rebel scum, then blowing up your planets fair game tbh.

On a side note do you want me to talk to your sister?, I can mind trick her into not making foolish decisions, or if all else fails blast her with lightning.

It was better here today too, it was a little cloudy by the air is definintely fresher. 

The lunch sounds great! We always ended up having lunch at the school buffet or Burger King because there was no time for anything else (if we had classes both before and after lunch break, which we did most of the time).

wha- what? Me? Why? I have no idea about security--- I mean, wow, what an honor! I did do karate for like three months, I'm sure I'm qualified to protect your royal person! I'll do the best job ever...! I... *drops voice to whisper*  do I get a castle and a lord as perks? 

You're the most qualified person for the job, obviously. You get one tower and a Christmas bonus, I trust that will suffice. Now, first order of business: arrest that flower.

Smack her, and the boyfriend too, while you're at it.

15 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

You're the most qualified person for the job, obviously. You get one tower and a Christmas bonus, I trust that will suffice. Now, first order of business: arrest that flower.

*waves from behind the corner* *sticks tongue out* Blblblbl! :P

15 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Oy! *gets protective* Nu uh! I will not have this! *hides boyfriend*

12 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Answer me this my little flowery friend, would I really destroy the home planet of hop hops?.

Maybe not the planet of hop hops, but the planets of everything else, yes.

14 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

*waves from behind the corner* *sticks tongue out* Blblblbl! :P

Oy! *gets protective* Nu uh! I will not have this! *hides boyfriend*

Don't think you'll get away with this, miscreant.

Oh no, I was talking about Rhae's sister and her boyfriend :lol: 

37 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

It got colder today here too, with just a bit of rain during my class.

End of work for the week, yay.

:P Blblblbl!

*raised eyebrow* Really?

Go take the train, go smack the sister, and then claim the money for the train ticket from her. :P

Happy weekend!  

She owes me money anyways. 

Btw, you are arrested at the order of the king! :pirate::fencing: Please go to your cell! Biscuits and tea is available at request and you can take one paperback book per day with you (we can't risk you smuggling weapons into the cell in a hardcover book). 

33 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Of course not, unless you're a Jedi or some form of rebel scum, then blowing up your planets fair game tbh.

On a side note do you want me to talk to your sister?, I can mind trick her into not making foolish decisions, or if all else fails blast her with lightning.

Sure, sure, such case is an exception. 

Sadly, sister's mind isn't weak enough for these kinds of tricks.  

31 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I hope the tower comes with staff and room service at least... O.O 

8 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Btw, you are arrested at the order of the king! :pirate::fencing: Please go to your cell! Biscuits and tea is available at request and you can take one paperback book per day with you (we can't risk you smuggling weapons into the cell in a hardcover book). 

I hope the tower comes with staff and room service at least... O.O 

Now that's what I like to see in my guards.

You get a maid who cleans it every Tuesday.

24 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Don't think you'll get away with this, miscreant.

Oh no, I was talking about Rhae's sister and her boyfriend :lol: 

Oh! I thought you meant she had to smack me and my boyfriend, which I will not have here! :fencing:

Boyfriend is a weird word and I still do not know if I am entitled to use it. :uhoh:

14 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Happy weekend!  

She owes me money anyways. 

Thank you!

Is there WiFi and can I bring my laptop to the cell?

Also ... *whisper whisper*

Spoiler

How about I offer you some presents in good faith and you accidentally forget to lock the cell door tonight, eh? :leer:

Spoiler

Our king - LONG LIVE THE KING! - need never know. :ninja:

:leaving:

54 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You have hop hops AND Cara, what I'm saying is, you're quite safe from destruction at the hands of The Empire, as to other planets, well you'll never know as you can't get to them yet.....

33 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Now that's what I like to see in my guards.

You get a maid who cleans it every Tuesday.

:commie: 

18 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you!

Is there WiFi and can I bring my laptop to the cell?

Also ... *whisper whisper*

Reveal hidden contents

How about I offer you some presents in good faith and you accidentally forget to lock the cell door tonight, eh? :leer:

Reveal hidden contents

Our king - LONG LIVE THE KING! - need never know. :ninja:

:leaving:

No, I'm sorry, you can't. You might hack the security system of the dungeon and break out. There is wifi, however. Password protected. You can get a tablet and the daily password for two hours per day on good behavior, though. 

Also whispering is not allowed in the cells. :pirate: 

Spoiler

But we can whisper about you keeping the tablet and password, as well as extended visiting hours for your supernatural almost/not-boyfriend in the interrogation area. However, you need to up your gift game, we will need more than one in every four quality gift . tsk tsk tsk

13 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

:commie: 

No, I'm sorry, you can't. You might hack the security system of the dungeon and break out. There is wifi, however. Password protected. You can get a tablet and the daily password for two hours per day on good behavior, though. 

Also whispering is not allowed in the cells. :pirate: 

Reveal hidden contents

But we can whisper about you keeping the tablet and password, as well as extended visiting hours for your supernatural almost/not-boyfriend in the interrogation area. However, you need to up your gift game, we will need more than one in every four quality gift . tsk tsk tsk

Oh great. How generous of you, my dear jailor.

I will not whisper any more, my lady.

Spoiler

I was pretty sure they were all of good quality. Maybe your tastes are more similar to mine than expected? :ninja:

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh great. How generous of you, my dear jailor.

I will not whisper any more, my lady.

Reveal hidden contents

I was pretty sure they were all of good quality. Maybe your tastes are more similar to mine than expected? :ninja:

You're very welcome, but I don't make the rules.

Spoiler

They were not particularly bad quality, but certainly not good enough to forget about locking your cell door and risking my tower and cleaning maid :P 

oh athelstan...! :D 

Archived