TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

2 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

I have made the executive decision that I will be Linda Belcher for Hallows eve. 

Spawn has chosen Kylo Ren. 

Nice one!

Give lil' Alex my greetings. =o)

Come to think of it - what would I be?

I was in a concert of the "Philharmonische Chor" yesterday evening. They performed the Franz-Xaver Süßmayr-version of the Mozart "Requiem" - we (the Konzertchor) will be doing the Maguerre version. :smug:

And they sang "Toward the Unknown Region" by Vauhn-Williams as well. It was nice. And it felt weird to be audience.

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So I decided to adopt the squid hat again for a time. Anybody still remembers the crazy squid hat thread we had about 3 years ago, or is it just me who has been around for too long?

Ohh, I remember. I even made one out of paper for my high school arts class (which I miss sometimes as well), needless to say I got an A :D

39 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

I have made the executive decision that I will be Linda Belcher for Hallows eve. 

This is going to be SO CUTE! *screams internally* :commie: is there any chance that we can get a picture? O.O 

will your husband be home for Halloween too? :) 

18 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Stolichnaya Elit :wub:

I want to try Grey Goose. But I don't drink very often anymore (I never drank very often, but I drink less often than I used to) and grocery stores don't have it here, so I'm kinda lazy to make an effort and get it online and go to the liquor store to pick it up. 

53 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, I know it probably wasn't "decorate for 5 hours." ;) We did not even have art classes anymore in high school, so we never got such an assignment, and even in primary school, all the drawing we did was done in school, we never got an art assignment for home.

I am sure you can find artsy creative projects for yourself. ;) Or join one of those children's worksops at fairs and stuff. :P I like doing such things too, especially painting the New Year's tree ornaments and magnets. (Still think everybody should do their schoolwork by themselves.)

I think my mother once told me they checked if I did my homework the first feew weeks of my 1st grade. They discovered I had always done what was necessary, and they decided constant checking was not necessary. Most of the homework was done in the afternoon school stay in the first few classes anyway.

I think they helped me a few times when they typed together a presentation on their work computer before we had a computer at home and they copied stuff/went with me to the copy shop before pictures of literally everything were available on the Internet to put on posters for school presentations. They were the ones who taught me the importance of quoting sources first though, I needed to find information and choose what was important by myself.

I know some teachers, especially in primary schools, demand that parents do the homeworks with their children, help them, etc., and then the teachers basically grade the parent's work in projects, presentations etc. I am very much against this idea - after all, the parents have finished their schooling. Assignments and homeworks are the child's work, especially for the child to learn responsiblity, to remember whatneeds to be done and when, and not to put work on somebody else. That obviously means the homeworks should be assigned in a way children are able to do by themselves, obviously. (That does not mean they should not ask for help when needed, just that the parents should not sit with them all the time and do their work for them.)

/Sorry for the long homework rant. Ende der Mythenmetzschen Abschweifung.

I think we should switch places. :P I would prefer sunny to the gloomy we have.

*starts campaign* I think the squid hats should be brought back! :commie: Rock them like it's 2013! :commie:

Put your squid hats on, people! :commie:

I had art class till 10th grade. We didn't usually have art assignments either, but we were required to finish our work at home if we weren't ready by the end of the class. Sister's teacher though is very much into giving homework assignments and DIY projects (because these kids have all the time for such). 

I used to make Christmas wreaths for the parents' house but sister took over at some point when I was in second year of uni I suppose. As for kid's face painting, I'm not really good at that. I can glue and cut and arrange things and I enjoy it very much but drawing is not my strength. 

I agree with you about homework in general. But I'm not against breaking the rules every once in a while (within reasonable limits). And wow, that was some first class parenting from your parents. My mom sat with me for years (I was never in afternoon school) and years and even throughout middle school she would check my homework and have me recite the lessons I crammed from my textbooks and the notes I took during class (because maybe the teacher said something that wasn't in the textbook and maybe it will be in a test), and extra information that was maybe in a practice book or written on the margin or not written anywhere, just a random fact she knew about the topic (because the teacher will approve that I know it (and it gets worse, she might even ask me the next day if I said that particular fact in class and kinda tell me off If I didn't)). It was really really REALLY ridiculous... *facepalm* 

Wow... I'm not sure I would put a squid hat on Rosalyn... it's not exactly her vibe o.O  

*googles Linda Belcher*

*shrugs*

I do not think I have ever heard of this cartoon before.

38 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I had art class till 10th grade. We didn't usually have art assignments either, but we were required to finish our work at home if we weren't ready by the end of the class. Sister's teacher though is very much into giving homework assignments and DIY projects (because these kids have all the time for such). 

I used to make Christmas wreaths for the parents' house but sister took over at some point when I was in second year of uni I suppose. As for kid's face painting, I'm not really good at that. I can glue and cut and arrange things and I enjoy it very much but drawing is not my strength. 

I agree with you about homework in general. But I'm not against breaking the rules every once in a while (within reasonable limits). And wow, that was some first class parenting from your parents. My mom sat with me for years (I was never in afternoon school) and years and even throughout middle school she would check my homework and have me recite the lessons I crammed from my textbooks and the notes I took during class (because maybe the teacher said something that wasn't in the textbook and maybe it will be in a test), and extra information that was maybe in a practice book or written on the margin or not written anywhere, just a random fact she knew about the topic (because the teacher will approve that I know it (and it gets worse, she might even ask me the next day if I said that particular fact in class and kinda tell me off If I didn't)). It was really really REALLY ridiculous... *facepalm* 

Wow... I'm not sure I would put a squid hat on Rosalyn... it's not exactly her vibe o.O  

We only had art in first grade of high school (15 years or so), and it was theory, more like art history, not actual drawing. I think we had three one-day workshops that year or so, and that was our "art" for the year. I know I wished for art class that was more artsy then.

I have never had my face painted, do not think I have seen other children with it either ... apart from Mardi Gras/Carnival.

Oh, they asked me what I learned and checked stuff before tests in higher classes too - but it was usually me who asked them to do it. And well, they did explain that one subject again to me, to be fair - the subject that they both know well and knew how to explain to children, as opposed to both my teachers of that subject (in primary and high school). My mother asked me like every day ever "did you get any grades today?" (okay, maybe exaggerating, but enough for me to get annoyed over it - I would have told them by myself anyway). They very much wanted to know my grades and what happened in school, they just did not need to control if I had done my homeworks.

Squid hats are everybody's vibe. :P I even seem to remember KEG putting one on Euron Greyjoy - and for the duck thread, he had a duck sitting on Euron's head, that was especially funny. It would be fun to do themed avatars for a TTTNE again. :D

1 hour ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

Ohh, I remember. I even made one out of paper for my high school arts class (which I miss sometimes as well), needless to say I got an A :D

:lol: Do you have a photo of that?

4 minutes ago, King Tyrion I said:

Tyrion with a squid hat. Hm.

I remember that TTTNE thread. <chuckles>

Cool, two people that have been around for so long. :P

34 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

*googles Linda Belcher*

*shrugs*

I do not think I have ever heard of this cartoon before.

We only had art in first grade of high school (15 years or so), and it was theory, more like art history, not actual drawing. I think we had three one-day workshops that year or so, and that was our "art" for the year. I know I wished for art class that was more artsy then.

I have never had my face painted, do not think I have seen other children with it either ... apart from Mardi Gras/Carnival.

Oh, they asked me what I learned and checked stuff before tests in higher classes too - but it was usually me who asked them to do it. And well, they did explain that one subject again to me, to be fair - the subject that they both know well and knew how to explain to children, as opposed to both my teachers of that subject (in primary and high school). My mother asked me like every day ever "did you get any grades today?" (okay, maybe exaggerating, but enough for me to get annoyed over it - I would have told them by myself anyway). They very much wanted to know my grades and what happened in school, they just did not need to control if I had done my homeworks.

Squid hats are everybody's vibe. :P I even seem to remember KEG putting one on Euron Greyjoy - and for the duck thread, he had a duck sitting on Euron's head, that was especially funny. It would be fun to do themed avatars for a TTTNE again. :D

:lol: Do you have a photo of that?

Cool, two people that have been around for so long. :P

We had art history for four years I think, for a while it was parallel with art class. It was a double period and the first or second half was always art history. I hated it back then, but today I would go as far as doing a History major with an Art history minor if I could start the whole uni business again.  

I think there's a kids' face painting tent at every single outdoor event here. Even at a couple indoor ones. At the zoo too. I never got my face painted as a kid but kids running around with tiger, clown, cat, dog, butterfly faces at fairs or other outdoor events are pretty common in the summer. 

Yeah, mom asked me if I got any grades too, and if other kids got any grades, and what grade that was. How many points I scored in a test, what the mistakes I made were, if other kids made the same mistakes, how many points other kids scored, why that was potentially more than my score, etc... It was awful. I mean I love my mom to the moon and back, but her attitude towards school makes me cringe. She is a lot less control obsessed now, it's not like sister would have any control anyways. Well, I was her first pancake, trial and error I guess :D 

if your campaign works and I'm the last one to not have a squid hat, I will put a squid hat on Rosalyn. :lol: who am I to not bow to the will of squid hats, after all. 

4 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

We had art history for four years I think, for a while it was parallel with art class. It was a double period and the first or second half was always art history. I hated it back then, but today I would go as far as doing a History major with an Art history minor if I could start the whole uni business again.  

I think there's a kids' face painting tent at every single outdoor event here. Even at a couple indoor ones. At the zoo too. I never got my face painted as a kid but kids running around with tiger, clown, cat, dog, butterfly faces at fairs or other outdoor events are pretty common in the summer. 

Yeah, mom asked me if I got any grades too, and if other kids got any grades, and what grade that was. How many points I scored in a test, what the mistakes I made were, if other kids made the same mistakes, how many points other kids scored, why that was potentially more than my score, etc... It was awful. I mean I love my mom to the moon and back, but her attitude towards school makes me cringe. She is a lot less control obsessed now, it's not like sister would have any control anyways. Well, I was her first pancake, trial and error I guess

I chose art history for my fourth year in high school and the final exam, I liked it a lot. Art history is cool. :)

Face painting is not that popular here.

Haha, I always got the "What did you get wrong?" after telling I had less than a 100% point rate on a test. My father realised this was wrong when I said "Why do you not ask me what did I get right?" I mean, I must have gotten 3/4 or more of the thing right, but it was what was wrong that was important. :P On the other hand, when the valonqar and I tried to pull the "But XY-child is allowed to do that" card to be allowed something/to get something, mother said "You are my children, what other children do is none of my business." So other people's grades were not important, if I was asked that, it was just out of curiosity.

7 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Got to be classic and say Charmander

3 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I approve. We were talking about having a Halloween party and I was seriously considering going as Vanessa Ives. Sad life

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

This is going to be SO CUTE! *screams internally* :commie: is there any chance that we can get a picture? O.O 

will your husband be home for Halloween too? :) 

I want to try Grey Goose. But I don't drink very often anymore (I never drank very often, but I drink less often than I used to) and grocery stores don't have it here, so I'm kinda lazy to make an effort and get it online and go to the liquor store to pick it up. 

Grey Goose is nice. But Sidious has the right of it with the best vodka. I tend to drink Smirnoff or New Amsterdam, since they are the cheaper ones

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Grey Goose is pretty overrated IMO, not worth the money.

3 hours ago, felice said:

That is an exceptionally silly idea.

Felice! =o) :cheers: It's so nice to see you.

24 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

I have caught kid crud :stillsick: 

i will be missing my first day of work tomorrow and it's only week 3 :lol: oh well. 

I also had my front door key break off in the lock today, so I will need to fix that when I am actually human again. 

Oh, gosh. I'm sorry to read that. =o(

Get better soon! <hugs>

greetings beloved spamlanders...the sniffer has found his way home... :commie:

and as a retired squid i know you all are thinking of this squid hat...

and while there are several...some better than others...

nevertheless, this is the only squid hat for me...

and more importantly...welcome home King Tyrion :cheers:  ...of late i have been remiss in my courtly duties as foot of the king and queen, but i found my enthusiasm waning upon your absence...i am crestfallen that i missed your homecoming but am very happy for your safe return...

...now time to dance...

:smoking:

6 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

greetings beloved spamlanders...the sniffer has found his way home... :commie:

and as a retired squid i know you all are thinking of this squid hat...

and while there are several...some better than others...

nevertheless, this is the only squid hat for me...

and more importantly...welcome home King Tyrion :cheers:  ...of late i have been remiss in my courtly duties as foot of the king and queen, but i found my enthusiasm waning upon your absence...i am crestfallen that i missed your homecoming but am very happy for your safe return...

...now time to dance...

:smoking:

^

Thank you again, brother! =o)

I came home on my birthday last week. I don't think I'll ever leave again. ;o)

I made some decisions for my life - and I think it's gonna be pretty good I think.

And I became a member of this choir. It means so much to me.

More important still are my friends and family. And yes, I include you, sniffer. I missed you, I really did.

I missed all of you. So it was a question of time when I would be back. I don't ever really leave - and I discovered that I didn't vote on a single episode from S6.

I may be biased, but my fave bastard left the show in ep. 9. I like Jon Snow better in the books.

Archived