A wolf Theon

AryaGreyjoy

23 minutes ago, AryaGreyjoy said:

Because he grew up with the family. Jon is not Ned 's son , so Theon has the same right to be protected Jon .

Only Jon is Lyanna's son. He has the blood and can inherit Winterfell and since he doesn't have the name but he has the blood, he is a part of the family. Theon has neither the blood, cannot inherit Winterfell and overall he isn't a part of the family. If you believe that being a ward and a hostage means that you are someone's family I don't see why Ned hadn't inherit Eyrie and why his children are Starks if he is an Arryn.

21 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

Is this a troll thread? 

Well, seing how the op's previous thread is about how Jon being a scam,tv series spoilers, I am incline to say yes.

14 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

Is this a troll thread? 

Jon IS Ned's son. And Theon ain't no Stark. 

Most likely some bored teenager trying to pretend to be a person who's second language is English. Then again maybe its a bored adult trying to pluck peoples nerve. Never could figure that shite out. I get bored but damn...

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Theon wasn't a Stark. I have no idea why you think that he was one. Jon on the other hand is half a Stark and is at the line of succession for Winterfell. Theon Greyjoy and Theon the Hungry Wolf Stark are two totally different characters,

Theon soooooo wanted to be a Stark. 

Hey, commenters! Why bother to comment at all if you think someone is a troll? I've had mean people comment on my threads, and its a really rotten, sinking feeling to see cruel responses. The rules of the forum specifically instruct that we don't insult people's poor spelling or grammar because English is not the first language for many participants and we don't want to discourage them. Why not start with good will until proven wrong?

3 hours ago, AryaGreyjoy said:

If Theon Greyjoy Stark was why the gods did not give a wolf ? The bastard cousin of the Stark yes, it's unfair.

The OP seems to be asking why Theon didn't get a direwolf pup from the gods. The post uses the word "bastard" to describe Theon's relationship to the Starks, which is an interesting analogy. We know from Theon's conversation with Lady Dustin in the crypt that he wishes he had been a Stark. And he would probably rather be a bastard than a ward (=hostage).

Yesterday, I re-read the Theon I chapter from Clash, and I was blown away to realize that Theon was put in the place of Thorren Stark, bending the knee to Aegon the Conqueror, except the role of Aegon was played by Theon's uncle, Aeron. Instead of taking his crown, as Aegon did to Thorren, Aeron baptizes Theon with seawater. I think Theon doesn't just yearn to be a Stark; there is some heavy foreshadowing here, and I'm dying to know where it will lead.

edit: In the Puns and Wordplay thread, we considered the relationship between crowned and drowned. It occurs to me that blessing Theon in the name of the Drowned God was like crowning him. Aeron is the arbiter of the Kingsmoot. I think this chapter symbolically shows Aeron crowning the real king of the Iron Born. And I've seen some interesting predictions lately of who will end up being the "new" conquerors of Westeros. Long live King Theon!

As for his relationship with the Starks and the direwolves, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I believe Theon is the personification of the sword Ice. When he goes into the crypt with Lady Dustin, he is going into a symbolic forge where Stark weapons are repaired and rejuvenated. When he emerges, Bran calls to him and pushes back his hood, symbolically "unsheathing" Ned's sword.

He didn't get a direwolf pup because his Stark-related mission is unique, I suspect. As the personification of Ice, he does have to sort out "his" responsibility for the death of Sansa's direwolf, Lady.

The effect on Theon of dividing Ice into Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail is also not entirely clear to me. From a wordplay perspective, Reek + Theon = Oathkeeper - ap + n. So maybe not a match, but close.

3 hours ago, AryaGreyjoy said:

If Theon Greyjoy Stark was why the gods did not give a wolf ? The bastard cousin of the Stark yes, it's unfair.

First. Theon was a legitimate Greyjoy, not a Stark. He had no blood connection to the Starks. Dependoing on Jon's parentage he was a Stark, either through Ned or Lyanna. Second, it was Bloodraven who went the direwolves, not "the gods". Third, what's "unfair" is Ned being beheaded. 

12 hours ago, Seams said:

Hey, commenters! Why bother to comment at all if you think someone is a troll?

12 hours ago, Seams said:

The OP seems to be asking why Theon didn't get a direwolf pup from the gods.

Some things are blatantly obvious. <--- That sentence could allude to numerous meanings. Is that sentence considered wordplay?

Martin has Jon say, 

"Lord Stark," Jon said. It was strange to hear him call Father that, so formal. Bran looked at him with desperate hope. "There are five pups," he told Father. "Three male, two female."

"What of it, Jon?"

"You have five trueborn children," Jon said. "Three sons, two daughters. The direwolf is the sigil of your House. Your children were meant to have these pups, my lord."

There is nothing confusing about the above statement. It’s straight forward and clear. Eddard has five children and there are five pups.

All a first time reader would know from reading Bran’s first chapter in GoT is that Theon’s name is Theon Greyjoy, a dark lean youth of 19. No ambiguity there, Eddard’s children are Stark’s and Theon is a Greyjoy.

So, I would conclude that the OP is playing around or has not read further than GoT Bran I, because if the OP had read further into the book, the OP would know that Theon is a ward/hostage taken some 10 odd years ago after the putting down of the Greyjoy Rebellion.

What is not so obvious is: Eddard’s bastard son, Jon Snow, upon hearing a sound that no one else hears, rides back to the momma direwolf and finds a white direwolf with red eyes on the white snow covered ground.

Let’s look at the OP statement again. Is the OP talking about ASOIAF or some long lost Theon Greyjoy Stark of ancient history who is the bastard cousin of House Stark. Only the OP can answer that.

16 hours ago, AryaGreyjoy said:

Would you be so kind AryaGreyjoy to provide a bit more information?

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/7/2016 at 2:46 PM, Clegane'sPup said:

Algunas cosas son claramente evidente. <--- Esa frase podría aludir a numerosos significados. Es la frase considerada juegos de palabras?

Martin ha Jon decir, 

" Señor Stark," dijo Jon. Era extraño escuchar que le llaman Padre, tan formal. Bran miró con esperanza desesperada. "Hay cinco crías ", dijo el padre. "Tres hombres, dos mujeres."

"¿Qué hay de ella, Jon?"

"Usted tiene cinco hijos verdadero", dijo Jon. "Tres hijos, dos hijas. La huargo es el sigilo de su casa. Sus niños estaban destinados a tener estos cachorros , mi señor."

No hay nada confuso acerca de la declaración anterior. Es sencillo y claro. Eddard tiene cinco hijos y hay cinco cachorros.

Todo lo que una primera vez el lector sabría de leer el primer capítulo de Bran en que tengo es que el nombre de Teón es Theon Greyjoy, un joven delgado oscura de 19. No hay ambigüedad, los hijos de Eddard Stark y son de Theon Greyjoy es una.

Por lo tanto, me gustaría concluir que el PO está jugando o no ha leído más allá de GoT Bran I, ya que si el OP había leído más en el libro, el PO sabría que Theon está bajo la tutela / secuestrado hace unos 10 años impares después la puesta abajo de la Rebelión Greyjoy.

Lo que no es tan obvio es: hijo bastardo de Eddard, Jon Nieve, al escuchar un sonido que nadie más oye, cabalga de nuevo a la huargo mamá y encuentra un huargo blanco con ojos rojos en el suelo cubierto de nieve blanca.

Veamos la declaración OP nuevo. Es la OP hablando de ASOIAF o alguna perdida larga Theon Greyjoy Stark de la historia antigua, que es el primo bastardo de la Casa Stark. Sólo el PO puede responder a eso.

¿Sería usted tan amable AryaGreyjoy para proporcionar un poco más de información?

I've read all the books. I know that Theon was a hostage , my only question was why the gods did you gift Theon when he grew up as one of the family. But no matter , it is difficult to explain when English is not my native language .

1 hour ago, AryaGreyjoy said:

I've read all the books. I know that Theon was a hostage , my only question was why the gods did you gift Theon when he grew up as one of the family. But no matter , it is difficult to explain when English is not my native language .

Theon did not grow up as one of the family. He grew up as a hostage. 

Theon never has been or ever will be a part of the Stark family. 

18 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

A hostage in truth, but a ward in terms of his treatment. Theon spent his adolescent and teenage years living in the Stark household with the Stark children at Winterfell eating at Ned's table every night. He certainly had closer ties to the Stark family than say Jory Cassel, for example. In a way, while not technically a Stark, Theon basically was part of the family. It's my understanding that Robb did in fact view him as an older brother figure.

19 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

He worshipped the Ned, and he thought of Robb as a brother. He was more welcomed than Jon Snow. 

49 minutes ago, Oakhearts head said:

A hostage in truth, but a ward in terms of his treatment. Theon spent his adolescent and teenage years living in the Stark household with the Stark children at Winterfell eating at Ned's table every night. He certainly had closer ties to the Stark family than say Jory Cassel, for example. In a way, while not technically a Stark, Theon basically was part of the family. It's my understanding that Robb did in fact view him as an older brother figure.

Theon did not have closer ties to the family than Jory. 

I'm pretty sure that Sansa, Arya, and Bran do not think of Theon like they have done Jory. Hell they don't think of Theon at all, except Bran to curse him. Bran actually got upset when Jory died. Sansa thought that if Jory died than she would cry for him. 

Jory is definitely more important to the Starks than Theon ever was or will be. 

Nor did Theon have closer ties to the Starks than Jory. The Starks think of Jory with love more than Theon and that's before Theon betrayed them. That's fine that Robb viewed Theon like an older brother(Robb is the only one who viewed Theon beyond anything as a hostage)but doesn't take away the fact that Theon wasn't part of the Stark family. 

48 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

He worshipped the Ned, and he thought of Robb as a brother. He was more welcomed than Jon Snow. 

How was Theon more welcomed than Jon? 

When was Theon called son by Ned? When was he called brother by any of the Starks(not even Robb called him brother in the books)when was Theon thought of with loving and acceptance by the Starks? 

When Sansa was praying in the sept in ACOK and she prayed for her family and for all her siblings including Jon when did she pray for Theon? 

When did Ned, Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, Benjen, Winterfell, the North EVER be more welcome of Theon than Jon Snow? I'll wait. 

Archived