A wolf Theon

AryaGreyjoy

On 7/16/2016 at 4:58 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Theon wasn't a Stark. I have no idea why you think that he was one. Jon on the other hand is half a Stark and is at the line of succession for Winterfell. Theon Greyjoy and Theon the Hungry Wolf Stark are two totally different characters,

Does make you wonder why the anti North Balon named one of his sons after a Stark...

1 hour ago, Lord Wraith said:

Does make you wonder why the anti North Balon named one of his sons after a Stark...

I highly doubt Balon named Theon after Theon Stark. 

Theon is probably a common name like Jon or Bryden, Jayne, etc..... 

Theon probably projected his wanting to be a Stark in thinking that he was named after one. 

1 hour ago, Lord Wraith said:

As mentioned it might not have been a rare name, there are for example a Stormlander named Balon as well, and at the time that Theon was born its entirely possible that Balon Greyjoy held no particular ill will towards the North.

5 hours ago, The Wolves said:

I highly doubt Balon named Theon after Theon Stark. 

Theon is probably a common name like Jon or Bryden, Jayne, etc..... 

Theon probably projected his wanting to be a Stark in thinking that he was named after one. 

Perhaps what I can't remember of hearing of any other Theon's in the histories. Its interesting because his other son is name Rodrick. Both Rodrick and Theon were noted for fighting the Ironborn. Maron only comes up as the name of his last son and a Dornish prince.

4 hours ago, LionoftheWest said:

As mentioned it might not have been a rare name, there are for example a Stormlander named Balon as well, and at the time that Theon was born its entirely possible that Balon Greyjoy held no particular ill will towards the North.

Certainly possible.

19 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Perhaps what I can't remember of hearing of any other Theon's in the histories.

Theon III Greyjoy ;)

Its interesting because his other son is name Rodrick.

There are some characters from the Iron Islands named Rodrik. There even was a Rodrik Arryn, so it seems to be a common name.

Maron only comes up as the name of his last son and a Dornish prince.

Besides Maron Greyjoy we know three more Marons. One was from Dorne, two from the Iron Islands.

Archived