AryaGreyjoy

A wolf Theon

25 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2016 at 4:58 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Theon wasn't a Stark. I have no idea why you think that he was one. Jon on the other hand is half a Stark and is at the line of succession for Winterfell. Theon Greyjoy and Theon the Hungry Wolf Stark are two totally different characters,

Does make you wonder why the anti North Balon named one of his sons after a Stark...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Wraith said:

Does make you wonder why the anti North Balon named one of his sons after a Stark...

I highly doubt Balon named Theon after Theon Stark. 

Theon is probably a common name like Jon or Bryden, Jayne, etc..... 

Theon probably projected his wanting to be a Stark in thinking that he was named after one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Wraith said:

Does make you wonder why the anti North Balon named one of his sons after a Stark...

As mentioned it might not have been a rare name, there are for example a Stormlander named Balon as well, and at the time that Theon was born its entirely possible that Balon Greyjoy held no particular ill will towards the North.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Wolves said:

I highly doubt Balon named Theon after Theon Stark. 

Theon is probably a common name like Jon or Bryden, Jayne, etc..... 

Theon probably projected his wanting to be a Stark in thinking that he was named after one. 

Perhaps what I can't remember of hearing of any other Theon's in the histories. Its interesting because his other son is name Rodrick. Both Rodrick and Theon were noted for fighting the Ironborn. Maron only comes up as the name of his last son and a Dornish prince.

 

4 hours ago, LionoftheWest said:

As mentioned it might not have been a rare name, there are for example a Stormlander named Balon as well, and at the time that Theon was born its entirely possible that Balon Greyjoy held no particular ill will towards the North.

Certainly possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Perhaps what I can't remember of hearing of any other Theon's in the histories.

Theon III Greyjoy ;)

19 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Its interesting because his other son is name Rodrick.

There are some characters from the Iron Islands named Rodrik. There even was a Rodrik Arryn, so it seems to be a common name.

19 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Maron only comes up as the name of his last son and a Dornish prince.

Besides Maron Greyjoy we know three more Marons. One was from Dorne, two from the Iron Islands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now