Jon-Rhaegar Resemblance

illinifan

It's very difficult to know because we've heard very little about Rhaegar in the show.  Barristan tells Dany a story about Rhaegar being a musician and singing in the streets - doesn't sound at all like Jon. Jorah I think does the 'rhaegar fought valiently' speech, which could describe Jon too but also any number of men.

The question of whether Lyanna  was abducted or eloped or something else hasn't been addressed either. 

Book Rhaegar, maybe a smidgeon of resemblance in being a bit melancholy, but honestly I don't think the Starks are known for being party animals either (Winter is coming - not really cheerful). I'm not seeing a big resemblance so far. I suppose the big similarity is they both know there's a major battle looming, but their responses are quite different. Rhaegar is led by ancient prophecy and sees himself as pivotal, while Jon reacts pragmatically and leadership is more thrust upon him than something he seeks.

On 7/16/2016 at 6:33 PM, illinifan said:

So how much do you guys think that Jon resembles his father?  I suspect quite a bit in both looks and personality.  (And hair/ eye color aren't the only way that a child can look like his/her parent.)

it always said Jon and Arya have similar looks - as opposed to all the other children.  Which, I would think Jon perhaps would look more like mom Lyanna.  In my head, I always see Rhaegar as bright white skin, the white/silver hair and purple eyes.  So, that to me looks nothing like Jon.

I think they will never show Rhaegar because there will be a miniseries about the Trident and the Rebellion someday and they want to roll him out at that point.  Am I the only one that sees Rhaegar as this like mythic god type thing?  Everyone who ever spoke of him had wonderful things to say.  Jon is quite righteous when it comes to persona.  He probably takes after Rhaegar more in spirit.

1 hour ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

For the show it depends on who the cast as Rhaegar. :lol: In the book he looks like Lyanna/Ned, but he is slender.

I think that he looks quite a bit like Rhaegar even in the books.  Ned was quite adamant at Jon not going to KL; I've read good theories that this was because he didn't want someone in court piecing together who Jon was.  I also read a theory about how convenient it was that Maester Aemon was blind so that he couldn't piece together who Jon was.  

And yes it would be hilarious if Rhaegar looked exactly like Jon but with silver-y hair.

11 hours ago, illinifan said:

I think that he looks quite a bit like Rhaegar even in the books.  Ned was quite adamant at Jon not going to KL; I've read good theories that this was because he didn't want someone in court piecing together who Jon was.  I also read a theory about how convenient it was that Maester Aemon was blind so that he couldn't piece together who Jon was.  

And yes it would be hilarious if Rhaegar looked exactly like Jon but with silver-y hair.

Ned hid Jon from Robert in winterfell too. When the wildlings met Jon, they all called him "pretty"...so yeah, I imagine someone who knew Rhaegar might be able to piece it together. I still think he resembled Arthur Dayne a lot though too.

Archived