What are you listening to? Vol. XXII

DireWolfSpirit

2 hours ago, Harakiri said:

The New Bomb Turks - !! Destroy - Oh - Boy !!

NICE!

Seriously, one of the highlights of my time playing music was when one of my bands played a show in Columbus and Eric from NBT came up to us afterwards and said he enjoyed our set.

7 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I was singing along to this in my car earlier, it just sounds so awesome through the audio system in there that I couldn't help myself:

Great song! :thumbsup:  Saw them live in Nashville back in '97, amazing show.

10 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Great song! :thumbsup:  Saw them live in Nashville back in '97, amazing show.

Lucky you!, I missed them last tour, I'm kind of torn wether to go and see them if and when they tour again though, I sort of feel it would be a bit of a let down compared to the live performances I've seen online of their late 70s/early 80s mountains of cocaine heyday performances, saying that though I saw New Order last year and they still had it.

I was listening to (and watching) the BBC's coverage of the David Bowie Prom that was on at the Royal Albert Hall yesterday. There were some fairly radical reinventions of the songs at times, but I think they mostly worked well (although there was one instrumental that I still haven't figured out what song it was meant to be) and I suspect Bowie would have liked them.

20 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

It's been years since I've listened to New Bomb Turks. Need to remedy that.

We're listening to Motown records. 

Yea, it was a while since I listened to them, but it came on my shuffle so I figured I'd actually listen to an entire record of theirs, and that is my favorite. 

19 hours ago, Mr. X said:

NICE!

Seriously, one of the highlights of my time playing music was when one of my bands played a show in Columbus and Eric from NBT came up to us afterwards and said he enjoyed our set.

That's awesome. The New Bomb Turks show I went to was one of my favorite live shows I have gone to.  

Rocket from the Crypt - Live from Camp X-Ray. Was in the mood to listen to them since I finally got to see them live last night at the Stone Pony as well as the Bouncing Souls. First time seeing Rocket from the Crypt. They're a killer band. Pretty awesome to see Mario (Ruby Mars in RFTC) on the drums again. Killer drummer in some really good bands (OFF! w Keith Morris, Earthless etc). That was about 6th time I've Bouncing Souls. 

I'l be listening to some Daikaiju after, got to see them before I walked over to the Pony to check out RFTC and the Souls, they tore it up, their guitarists are ridiculously good. Best way to describe them is a prog surf punk band with a bit of a metal tinge to their attack. 

1 hour ago, Harakiri said:

The New Bomb Turks show I went to was one of my favorite live shows I have gone to.  

I saw NBT and Gaunt at the Middle East upstairs in Boston. Absolutely killer show.

And yeah, Mario Rubalcaba is a phenomenal drummer. I remember being absolutely blown away by his playing when the first Clikatat Ikatowi album came out.

I don't know how I came upon her, but I really like Aurora. She's a pixie with a folksy, "Syneady," electronica, esoteric style. Here's my favorite, featured in her new album called All My Demons Greeting Me as a Friend. It's called I Went Too Far.

Archived