What are you listening to? Vol. XXII

DireWolfSpirit

I cannot stop listening to the Record Company...I adore them.  They're right up there with Nathaniel Rateliff in my book.  And I'm gonna throw in some Amy Winehouse just for fun.

On 8/5/2016 at 10:29 AM, KiDisaster said:

Thank You Scientist's new album. It's fantastic. 'Need More Input' is my favorite track but that one's not on YouTube so have this one instead

One of the members of TYS actually went to my high school and graduated a year ahead of me. I don't really know him very well and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of their music personally but it's cool to see that they're doing well. Definitely more deserving of musical success than a lot of the kids I went to high school with who thought they were hot shots for playing in some shitty fringe-core scene kid band that no one gave a shit about anymore a year later.

For my part, The Appleseed Casts' Low Level Owl has been on repeat. Seeing them open for Caspian in November, and Caspian has been a staple for the past couple months as well but something about TAC and this album in particular is really resonating with me at the moment.

14 hours ago, RenlyIsNotRight said:

One of the members of TYS actually went to my high school and graduated a year ahead of me. I don't really know him very well and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of their music personally but it's cool to see that they're doing well. Definitely more deserving of musical success than a lot of the kids I went to high school with who thought they were hot shots for playing in some shitty fringe-core scene kid band that no one gave a shit about anymore a year later.

That's pretty cool! I only found out about them a year or two ago when they opened for Coheed but I've been hooked ever since. 

17 hours ago, Elder Sister said:

I've been sort of blue these days.  And the best soundtrack for that state is Neko Case

Here, let K.D. Lang cheer you up!  Sorrow Nevermore.

Case/Lang/Veirs has been my favorite relaese this year.

I've only recently learned that the bass guitarist of Hazeldine, Anne Tkach, has died last year in a fire at her father's house. :(

Hazeldine - My Magdalene

On 29/07/2016 at 5:40 PM, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

this reminds me, did you ever get into Preoccupations (fka Viet Cong), Theda?

On 29/07/2016 at 5:40 PM, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

this reminds me, did you ever get into Preoccupations (fka Viet Cong), Theda?

Yeah I did, mate, great stuff! Totally my cup of tea 

Beyonce - Lemonade

I decided to check this from her newest releases :rolleyes: Sounds really good and I like this video! ^_^ Beyonce has a nice voice and besides she's a very beautiful and stylish woman :rolleyes: I like her image in this video, it seems that almost all of them perfcetly fit her, like in this gallery for example http://hairstylezz.com/best-long-short-beyonce-hairtyles/ ^_^

Inspired by Obama, I decided to make a summer playlist. Unlike Obama, I kept it to 2016 songs only.

This is it!

These are the songs:

1. Lake Street Dive - Side Pony
  2. Tegan and Sara - Boyfriend
  3. Blood Orange - Best to You
  4. FEMME - Fever Boy
  5. Lucius - Almighty Gosh
  6. Chance the Rapper - Same Drugs
  7. Lucy Dacus - I Don’t Wanna be Funny Anymore
  8. Whitney - No Matter Where We Go
  9. Woods - Morning Light
  10. The Hotelier - Two Deliverances