What are you listening to? Vol. XXII

DireWolfSpirit

On 3/18/2017 at 0:07 AM, Myshkin said:

IKR. Can't believe Trisky's into that shit.

I myself have been listening to the classic Police album, Zenyatta Mondatta. In particular I've been marveling at Sting's rambunctiously beautiful vocals and Summer's gloriously upbeat guitar work on Canary In A Coalmine.

Man, I never thought I'd see the day...

New Pallbearer was released today so I've been listening to that. Just a nice, thick slab of doom metal goodness.

Digging the newest Menzingers album. It's pretty straight up Springsteen-influenced pop punk in the vein of groups like Gaslight Anthem -- nothing new, but solid songs played well. I feel like the same is true about their latest video for the album's title track, "After the Party". It's a compressed story of a relationship from the wild and fun early days to some dark turns done with no dialogue, but the acting, filming, and editing is all done really well without being showy. AND they do a better job than most of fitting footage of the band playing into the storyline.

Also playing the fuck out of Run the Jewels, because they've suited my mood for the past two months and four days perfectly. Their new video for "Legend Has It" is great.

Oh, and Oddisee has a new album out, which is always a reason for joy in my world. Somehow I missed out on him putting out a new video last week, for "NNGE" off the new album. OLD BAY!

Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream. I almost forgot how good this album is. As a matter of fact, it is one of the very few albums I know, on which every single song is simply great. The are completely no fillers here, and that's what differs it from Mellon Collie... for example, which is also a great album with plenty of fantastic songs, but has its lows as well.

Theda, good to know there ARE new albums of Shins, TJAMC and Grandaddy. Apparently I was left somewhat behind. :) 

31 minutes ago, 3CityApache said:

Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream. I almost forgot how good this album is. As a matter of fact, it is one of the very few albums I know, on which every single song is simply great. The are completely no fillers here, and that's what differs it from Mellon Collie... for example, which is also a great album with plenty of fantastic songs, but has its lows as well.

Theda, good to know there ARE new albums of Shins, TJAMC and Grandaddy. Apparently I was left somewhat behind. :) 

I work in a music shop lol its the only reason I am even remotely up to date on music and a lot of the time we are playing shite until I root around and realise there's some really great new stuff all the time - can't play music which is parental advisory or which swears too much so that limits things a lot as well :lol: 

They're all good though - nice stuff to have on in the background in work

Really like the new Shins album though has a few great songs I've been listening to on repeat 

6 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I work in a music shop lol its the only reason I am even remotely up to date on music

So I figured. That just means the feature that is supposed to inform me about new releases I might be interested in on Spotify sucks. Will have to check them out.

Archived