Why Samwell Tarly May be Azor Ahai

Grim119Reaper

I posted this on the wrong forum so I hope to be correct this time.

Samwell Tarly may just be Azor Ahai. Yes I know, it sounds ludicrous but hear me out:

-Sam is in the best position of ALL character to amass knowledge about the white walkers and how to destroy them. He also is one of the few persons to actually destroy one.

-He just acquired an extremely rare valyrian steel sword which would be a nice touch should it also be the sword of fire.

-Sam has the Horn of winter, a powerful artifact that could be quite useful in the demise of the White Walker's army (bringing the wall down on them should severely hamper their numbers).

-Melissandre's sacrificed of Shireen seemed to have no effect, Stannis' army still got obliterated by the Boltons. 
Or did it... 
Consider this: The Lord of light permitted Stannis' army to lose to send Melissandre back to the wall where Samwell was, upon her arrival, Sam is not there anymore and Jon Snow was dead. The Lord of light resurrected Jon just so he could cast her out south where Sam is at the moment. You may recall that Melissandre was not at the battle of Blackwater because this is not where she was suppose to be. Stannis' purpose was only to bring her to the wall where the real Azor Ahai was i.e. Samwell Tarly. 
Melissandre is following Samwell Tarly, NOT Jon Snow.
Also, in the book, Gilly has Mance's son aka the king beyond the wall's son. This would make a very nice blood sacrifice to bring forth Azor Ahai.

-Writers love to make weak and supposedly insignificant character only to elevate them to a height NO ONE would have suspected, a fat nerd with a bit of a daddy issue incapable of wielding a sword. Luke Skywalker, Paul Atreides and many more are just a few examples of this. Martin is doing it right now with Tyrion Lannister, a disfigured dwarf  and Arya Stark, a twelve year old girl, why not with Samwell Tarly.

-Have you noticed that John Bradley-West is not as rotund as he used to be? I know it is a bit far fetch but I swear that the producers and directors are padding him just so he still appear to be as fat as season 1. He might just have been told to shed a few pound for the eventual transformation.

-Can you imagine the face of Lord Tarly when he hears that the son he casted out just so happened to be the legendary warrior everyone was waiting for?

9 hours ago, Grim119Reaper said:

-Sam is in the best position of ALL character to amass knowledge about the white walkers and how to destroy them. He also is one of the few persons to actually destroy one.

I don't believe Sam is Azor Ahai, but I do agree that he'll be very important towards the end.  He seems to connect quite a few powerful threads in the story: He swore his NW oath to the old gods; he was mentored by Maester Aemon, a dragon; Ghost likes him (more in show than books but definitely in both) Gilly is of the North; he himself is of the south; he killed a White Walker; he has met Bran (and in the books he has also unknowingly met Arya and a sandsnake);now he is at the very centre of Westerosi learning.  

9 hours ago, Grim119Reaper said:

Consider this: The Lord of light permitted Stannis' army to lose to send Melissandre back to the wall where Samwell was, upon her arrival, Sam is not there anymore and Jon Snow was dead. The Lord of light resurrected Jon just so he could cast her out south where Sam is at the moment. You may recall that Melissandre was not at the battle of Blackwater because this is not where she was suppose to be. Stannis' purpose was only to bring her to the wall where the real Azor Ahai was i.e. Samwell Tarly. 

How inept could this lord of light be? Seems an awfully roundabout way of doing things. 

22 hours ago, Grim119Reaper said:

I posted this on the wrong forum so I hope to be correct this time.

Samwell Tarly may just be Azor Ahai. Yes I know, it sounds ludicrous but hear me out:

-He just acquired an extremely rare valyrian steel sword which would be a nice touch should it also be the sword of fire.

-Sam has the Horn of winter, a powerful artifact that could be quite useful in the demise of the White Walker's army (bringing the wall down on them should severely hamper their numbers).

-Melissandre's sacrificed of Shireen seemed to have no effect, Stannis' army still got obliterated by the Boltons. 
Or did it... 
Melissandre is following Samwell Tarly, NOT Jon Snow.
Also, in the book, Gilly has Mance's son aka the king beyond the wall's son. This would make a very nice blood sacrifice to bring forth Azor Ahai.

-Writers love to make weak and supposedly insignificant character only to elevate them to a height NO ONE would have suspected, a fat nerd with a bit of a daddy issue incapable of wielding a sword. Luke Skywalker, Paul Atreides and many more are just a few examples of this. Martin is doing it right now with Tyrion Lannister, a disfigured dwarf  and Arya Stark, a twelve year old girl, why not with Samwell Tarly.

-Have you noticed that John Bradley-West is not as rotund as he used to be? I know it is a bit far fetch but I swear that the producers and directors are padding him just so he still appear to be as fat as season 1. He might just have been told to shed a few pound for the eventual transformation.

-Can you imagine the face of Lord Tarly when he hears that the son he casted out just so happened to be the legendary warrior everyone was waiting for?

All of you say, except he is going to help Jon, and Jon is the Azor Ahai.

I think speculations and theory's are fun but given we only have 14 episodes left and Jon Snow has already become the defacto (fan favorite) of game of thones it would just be foolish to not make him Azor Ahai reborn. I can't imagine them investing all that time and money into his character and not giving him the major role in the war against the White Walkers. He is really the last surviving male of good character that's also a great swordsman.

Not doing this would be like spending hours baking a cake then putting Ketchup on top if just because you can. Would make no sense whatsoever.

If he turns out to be one, GRRM loses all respect. Here he is, trying to compare himself with Tolkein and his works, trying to point out difference to portray his superiority...only to come to the same conclusion that a character called "Sam" ends up being the main hero. What's next? concluded that because Sam has no special name, no blood, no physical presence that he is truly a hero because of that? Kind of the same excuse Tolkein used? 

23 hours ago, Nymeria's pack said:

How inept could this lord of light be? Seems an awfully roundabout way of doing things. 

Because he's dealing with inept characters (i.e. humans). We cannot ask mortals to understand the subtlety of Gods, after all even their priests/priestesses admit to making (woefully wrong) mistakes in interpretation.

I am not saying that I am sure Samwell IS Azor Ahai. I just feel that Jon Snow being Azor Ahai is just... too obvious. But just like Lord Lannister said: 

1 hour ago, Lord Lannister said:

The beauty of vaguely worded and subjective prophecies is you can make a case for just about anyone.

There is still that "Born under a bloody star" thing that nags me. That part of the prophecy does a lot to point to Jon Snow.

I was just fancying that maybe Mance Raider's son (who was born the same year as the crimson comet) might contain the essence of Azor Ahai and Melisandre just might sacrifice him to liberate this essence which will inhabit Samwell.

Too many ifs and buts here. But it is fun to explore some unbeaten paths.

Before making threads like this we must know about all there is about the said prophecy ..

Its not really that vague and the only argument should not be this guy is so obvious and so it cant be ..thats the worst argument ever..

After 6 seasons there is only one who has fulfilled all the aspects of prophecy and her name is daenerys tragaryen..

And the prophecy never says  born under bleeding star. .it says a warrior shall draw flaming sword under bleeding star ...and even then jon didnt born under bleeding star..

8 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

After 6 seasons there is only one who has fulfilled all the aspects of prophecy and her name is daenerys tragaryen..

Please extrapolate... how so?

8 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

And the prophecy never says  born under bleeding star. .it says a warrior shall draw flaming sword under bleeding star

I stand corrected. Good to know and thanks.

51 minutes ago, Grim119Reaper said:

Please extrapolate... how so?

I stand corrected. Good to know and thanks.

Prophecy says " AA shall be reborn amidst salt and smoke and shall draw lightbringer from fire under the bleeding star " or wake the dragons from stone ..

Dany was born in dragon stone a place called  amidst salt and smoke and she pulled dragons out of fire or woke them from stone under the red comet ( which was called bleedkng star in dothraki ) ..

For more details here is my theory which includes all the prophecy references in books and how dany fulfills it. 

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/137300-a-dragon-did-wake-from-stone-and-she-has-three-heads-and-her-name-is-daenerys-targaryen/&page=1

It's quite long a thread but it includes all the prophecies mentioned in the books and clues and foreshadowing for dany from 5 books

23 hours ago, Grim119Reaper said:

Because he's dealing with inept characters (i.e. humans). We cannot ask mortals to understand the subtlety of Gods, after all even their priests/priestesses admit to making (woefully wrong) mistakes in interpretation.

I am not saying that I am sure Samwell IS Azor Ahai. I just feel that Jon Snow being Azor Ahai is just... too obvious. But just like Lord Lannister said:

Sometimes a story needs to make a little sense even if it is obvious though lol. Don't forget that not everyone is on message boards and reading the books. Doing something just completely off the wall like building up Jon as the one who is going to lead the fight against the white walkers for almost three seasons then in the last few episodes going "Nope it's this fat guy who can't really swing a sword!" That's the kind of decision that causes people not to watch a show because they will go tell their friends how stupid the ending was.

I feel like they can just proceed with Jon and just make it a good story. He does not have to win all his battles and tragic things can still happen, but I'm not sure Sam could even beat Bran Stark in a foot race.....

For Jon to fit the Azor Ahai qualities we have been told, one needs to realize that a bleeding knight's sigil is a star.  Longclaw as Lightbringer doesn't fit due to the lack of sacrifice, although the Night's Watch might.  So I really don't think he's the "obvious" answer.  

Now, Dany fits the prophecy to a T before we're even told the prophecy.  For that reason, I think Dany as AA isn't 100% of the answer (I'm kind of a fan of Dany, Jon, and another).  

Sam fits none of the requirements.  There's no bleeding star.  There's no salt or smoke.  There's no burning sword or other stand in.  There's no other maybe requirements like the possibly required blood.  At this point, it's pure nonsense to try and fit Sam into the prophetic requirements.  

But we all know who is 100% part of the Azor Ahai trio:  Ser Pounce.  It is known.

1 hour ago, JonSnow4President said:

For Jon to fit the Azor Ahai qualities we have been told, one needs to realize that a bleeding knight's sigil is a star.  Longclaw as Lightbringer doesn't fit due to the lack of sacrifice, although the Night's Watch might.  So I really don't think he's the "obvious" answer.  

Now, Dany fits the prophecy to a T before we're even told the prophecy.  For that reason, I think Dany as AA isn't 100% of the answer (I'm kind of a fan of Dany, Jon, and another).  

Sam fits none of the requirements.  There's no bleeding star.  There's no salt or smoke.  There's no burning sword or other stand in.  There's no other maybe requirements like the possibly required blood.  At this point, it's pure nonsense to try and fit Sam into the prophetic requirements.  

But we all know who is 100% part of the Azor Ahai trio:  Ser Pounce.  It is known.

Jon fits the prophecy figuratively. 

Dany fits is literally 

Archived