What if Sansa wrote a letter to Theon instead.

So before I write my "what if", this is a what if, and I understand that for the sake of the story it had to happen the way it did, but it's still fun and interesting to think what if.

So what if Sansa decided to write to Theon asking for help in the battle at Winterfell instead of Littlefinger.  So lets go ahead and say that he does get the message before he and Yara escapes from their Uncle Euron.  Would he help them, and would he be able to talk his sister into it.  The pro to it would be getting help from Jon to over throw Euron.  Would help redeem himself even more sense he was the reason for Winterfell falling in the first place. I really think that if this happened then Euron gets to Dany first and in return of his support of her, he asks that she help destroy his niece and nephew and supporters aka Winterfell.  This would lead into a Dany vs Jon conflict (which I really think is going to happen at some point)

Or what if Euron intercepted the message and he decided to help Jon, hoping that if he helps Jon that he will ensure that he remains King of the Iron Islands.  This too could possibly set up a Dany vs Jon conflict. 

I thought of this randomly, because Sansa knew where Theon was headed she could have asked for him to try to persuade his family to support them.  Also I know there's a lot of what ifs and hard possibilities.  But if this had happened and gone through, it would have been a story changer.

It would make no sense to ask Theon for help. She has no reason to believe he is in any position to help since the last time he went there he betrayed Robb. Sansa doesn't even know that Balon is dead since he died right before Theon arrived. As far as Sansa knows Balon is still in charge and if he wouldn't help Robb, why would he help a bastard and a girl?

Also, they are not much help in a ground battle, on the sea, yes, but that's it.

On 7/20/2016 at 0:36 PM, dbunting said:

It would make no sense to ask Theon for help. She has no reason to believe he is in any position to help since the last time he went there he betrayed Robb. Sansa doesn't even know that Balon is dead since he died right before Theon arrived. As far as Sansa knows Balon is still in charge and if he wouldn't help Robb, why would he help a bastard and a girl?

Also, they are not much help in a ground battle, on the sea, yes, but that's it.

Agree. Robb already tried and got burned. Why would Sansa try again?

On 7/19/2016 at 8:08 PM, TheKnightOfJests said:

I think Ramsay would have won. Ramsays weakness was the cavalry that the riders of the Vale had. Ironborn are kind of like Wildlings, Good at skirmishes, bad at battle (unless on sea)

Totally agree, Ironborn real power is in their ships.( Which begs the the question of how and the h3ll where they able to hold the Riverlands for 3 generations??:huh::huh: )

I'm kind of confused by this "what if?" since it would have resulted in three times the number of dead Starks. 

Lots almost as bad an idea as bringing a giant to a fight... But not giving him a weapon. 

I mean, come on man. Stop swatting those spears like they're annoying bees, go pull a tree out of the ground and wreck some isht. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28-7-2016 at 4:36 AM, Sir Matthis Light said:

Totally agree, Ironborn real power is in their ships.( Which begs the the question of how and the h3ll where they able to hold the Riverlands for 3 generations??:huh::huh: )

different ruling family with a different strategy. Divide and conquer and build big ass castles to hold it.

Didnt work against dragons though.

• 1 month later...

Archived