I think that the 'Younger and more beautiful' prophecy was already fulfilled

Future Null Infinity

5 hours ago, ThePukwudgie said:

Cersei is more powerful now more than ever.

X2. She has more direct power than ever before. She's Queen in her own right now, not as Robert's wife or as the mother of a King. The prophesy won't be fulfilled until she's truly cast down. 

16 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

You sat that she's STILL queen. That isn't quite right. She has never before been entitled to sit upon the Iron Throne. Only the King and his Hand can do that. 

She has been queen since she married Robert, in the context of the prophecy.  Different kinds of queen but theres not a day in which Cersei has not been called "queen" since the day she married Robert. 

Maggy tells her she will never marry the prince, she will marry the king.

Cersei: "but I will be queen?"

Maggy: "oh yes.  Queen you will be.  Until one comes younger.  More beautiful.  To cast you down and take all you hold dear.

1 hour ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

She has been queen since she married Robert, in the context of the prophecy.  Different kinds of queen but theres not a day in which Cersei has not been called "queen" since the day she married Robert. 

Maggy tells her she will never marry the prince, she will marry the king.

Cersei: "but I will be queen?"

Maggy: "oh yes.  Queen you will be.  Until one comes younger.  More beautiful.  To cast you down and take all you hold dear.

Well when you put it that way, I suppose you might be right. Somehow though queen consort, queen mother, and certainly queen dowager don't sound anything as regal as queen regnant first of her name.

I'm not sure when if ever the denizens of Flea Bottom stopped thinking of Tywin's little girl as THE queen. Perhaps when Marj was crowned. It always seemed to me that it was Queen Marj who was the more beautiful younger queen who took everything the once and future queen held dear. Wasn't that Tommen? Did she torr truly have anything dear left to her afterwards? 

I've always found that Martin likes to twist prophesies into surprises by symbolic or metaphorical or even ironic interpretations. This makes me wonder which queen might prove Cersei's undoing. I call trying to figure out who it is the Eight Queens Problem:

Lady Olenna, Queen of Thorns?

Lady Yara, Queen of Pirates?

Lady Sansa, Queen of Winter?

Lady Nym, Queen of Snakes?

Lady Gilly, Queen of Wildlings?

Lady Melisandre, Queen of Wrinkles?

Lady Arya, Queen of Faces?

Lord Varys, Queen of Mummers?

Really there are so many  possible queens it could be, the suspense is killing me! ;)

I honestly think it's pretty clear that the younger and more beautiful queen is Daenerys. 

There's a difference between 'a Queen' and 'the Queen' - Cersei has been a Queen ever since she married Robert. The King's wife, the King's mother. But now, after annihilating the High Sparrow and Kevan and the Tyrells, she is The Queen now. She now has the ultimate power that she's always wanted and never had. She loved her kids, but power is what she's always desired.

And we know Daenerys is on her way to King's Landing now. She's younger than Cersei. She's more beautiful than Cersei. She's got a gigantic army and three dragons and Cersei has basically nothing. 

Daenerys is going to take everything away from Cersei, and then Jaime (or Arya) is going to kill her. 

I'm sure this is how it's going to go down in the books and the show both. 

I think it becomes clear that it's Dany. It was said she'll be queen but meant as rulling as a queen. Not just Robert's wife or so. That means the person who willcst her down willcome when she rules and that is Daeny. But takes everything she holds dear is interesting.

Power is obvious but Jaime.

She could kill him or marry him. I would say Tyrion could vouch for him because he saved him after he murdered Tywin. The only option as of taking everything she holds dear and Jaime is one the of the things she holds dear. Marrying could cause some rift between her and Tyrells and Martells. Not the wisest decision but Dany said alliances and not just allaince. Jon seems likely but maybe marrying Jaime and Jon because it's Daeny? Not sure it would help succession or that Jon would be cool with it. Also what woud she gain from Jaime.

On the show, it will be clearly Dany. Margeary was a red herring. Cersei proved to all of the show viewers what mattered to her the most, the Iron Throne and its power. That is what she holds most dear. If it were her kids, she would have killed herself after Tommen's suicide I think. Not that I advocate it or anything.

If Cersei loved Tommen, then she would encourage him and Margeary to have as many kids as possible to extend their dynasty. She did all that she did because they wanted to send her away from power, KIng's Landing and the Iron Throne. She values that damn Iron Chair and its symbolism more than her own children and she loved them a lot, no denying that but the Throne she loves the most, that is why she took it and will cling to it to the bitter end. She will most likely die on it, refusing to let go by one means or another.

On July 19, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Future Null Infinity said:

but Margaery already cast Cersei down and took the power from her! Cersei will enjoy some days on the IT alone now before her death

Nope. Margaery tried but ultimately failed, and as a result Cersie is now Queen on the throne, instead of queen married to the King on the throne. 

There is a distinct and real difference between those two. 

The one thing Cersei still has that she treasures is power. Notice that I omitted Jaime since the last scene left us wondering if his affection for her was still intact. For sure she still has the IT, temporarily.

At this point we are all just guessing who will ultimately take the IT from Cersei, but we can speculate who has the best chance. I, personally, can't see how Sansa could muster enough power, at least on the show, to take the throne, but Dany has the ships, the manpower, and the support from major houses to conquer Kings Landing. And, I think those are only two feasible choices as the YMBQ.

Somehow I think many of us were hoping there would be some little trick in there to produce a real surprise, but Dany has always been the obvious choice.

On my mind, Dany is far too obvious for the tone of GoT...

And we have clearly see what she will find in KL at the (not really) end.

In fact Sansa is a better choice, most of all if she finaly don't have a real choice, but more hard options to take.

And she is the real young and beautiful danger, as, ironically Cersei gave her some hard advices on being a queen ! The backlash would be in the spirit of GoT.

On 7/22/2016 at 5:21 PM, CrypticWeirwood said:

Well when you put it that way, I suppose you might be right. Somehow though queen consort, queen mother, and certainly queen dowager don't sound anything as regal as queen regnant first of her name.

I'm not sure when if ever the denizens of Flea Bottom stopped thinking of Tywin's little girl as THE queen. Perhaps when Marj was crowned. It always seemed to me that it was Queen Marj who was the more beautiful younger queen who took everything the once and future queen held dear. Wasn't that Tommen? Did she torr truly have anything dear left to her afterwards? 

I've always found that Martin likes to twist prophesies into surprises by symbolic or metaphorical or even ironic interpretations. This makes me wonder which queen might prove Cersei's undoing. I call trying to figure out who it is the Eight Queens Problem:

Lady Olenna, Queen of Thorns?

Lady Yara, Queen of Pirates?

Lady Sansa, Queen of Winter?

Lady Nym, Queen of Snakes?

Lady Gilly, Queen of Wildlings?

Lady Melisandre, Queen of Wrinkles?

Lady Arya, Queen of Faces?

Lord Varys, Queen of Mummers?

Really there are so many  possible queens it could be, the suspense is killing me! ;)

Lol wut?

Archived