Will Dany still punish Jaime after learning the truth?

Kaibaman

It seems like in the show Jaime had revealed to Tyrion of Aerys's wildfire plot just as he had told Brienne. Now that Tyrion has relayed this information to Dany, would she still feel inclined to punish Jaime knowing that he killed her father for righteous reasons? I'm not even sure if Dany even believes her new Hand (to her he could be lying to protect his brother) or if she and Jaime will even cross paths in the upcoming season. But if Dany does come to Westeros in a position of strength and Jaime is brought to her in chains. How is she going to deal with the Kingslayer?

It really depends on a lot. If Jaime commanded the Lannister armies against her and was brought to her in chains as a prisoner, I don't doubt she may kill him, especially if he has no use as a hostage. If they find him weeping on the Iron Throne with a bloody sword over Cersei's body, her reaction might be different.

28 minutes ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

If he allied with her and gave up his claim to Casterly Rock I'm sure she would not kill him. But I'm also sure he would rather die.....

I don't think show Tyrion would want Jaime to give up CR if Jaime wanted it. He is not so ambitious as book Tyrion and also loves Jaime wholeheartedly.  

But Jaime is not ambitious either (show and books same on this account).   He already gave up CR once - why would he care now?  However he is angry at Tyrion because of Tywin.  So he may no longer want Tyrion to inherit for that reason.  Jaime will also be quite wary of Dany since she is AERYS daughter.  But he may also see some of Rhaegar in her, as Barristan did. 

And as for Dany, it does appear that she accepts Jaime did the right thing WRT Aerys.  She doesn't give a vocal reply to Tyrions revelation, BUT immediately after she changes her whole plan to what Tyrion suggests - clearly it got to her.  I don't think she would demand Jaime dies.  she may pardon him if he agrees to ally against Cersei.

So What will happen?  I'm really unsure but I really am hoping for this 3 way meeting. I can't see them passing up this opportunity for good drama.

2 hours ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

I don't think show Tyrion would want Jaime to give up CR if Jaime wanted it. He is not so ambitious as book Tyrion and also loves Jaime wholeheartedly.  

But Jaime is not ambitious either (show and books same on this account).   He already gave up CR once - why would he care now?  However he is angry at Tyrion because of Tywin.  So he may no longer want Tyrion to inherit for that reason.  Jaime will also be quite wary of Dany since she is AERYS daughter.  But he may also see some of Rhaegar in her, as Barristan did. 

And as for Dany, it does appear that she accepts Jaime did the right thing WRT Aerys.  She doesn't give a vocal reply to Tyrions revelation, BUT immediately after she changes her whole plan to what Tyrion suggests - clearly it got to her.  I don't think she would demand Jaime dies.  she may pardon him if he agrees to ally against Cersei.

So What will happen?  I'm really unsure but I really am hoping for this 3 way meeting. I can't see them passing up this opportunity for good drama.

I agree that Tyrion would not want Jamie to give up CR but here is the thing.....Danny is going to war pretty much with House Lannister so Jamie would have to choose between the girl who wants to kill him and his sister or choose his crazy sister.  If she does not kill him all it will do is cause problems because Cercei of House Lannister is currently the queen. If she dies Jamie would have a claim to the throne now that he is no longer a Kingsguard. This is also ignoring that Danny is potentially going to be allied with Dorne the people who murdered his daughter in cold blood.

So the chances of either he or Danny having pity for each other are pretty slim...As bad as his sister is she is still a better option than Danny is.

3 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

It really depends on a lot. If Jaime commanded the Lannister armies against her and was brought to her in chains as a prisoner, I don't doubt she may kill him, especially if he has no use as a hostage. If they find him weeping on the Iron Throne with a bloody sword over Cersei's body, her reaction might be different.

Dorne murdered his daughter, Danny's associates are working to ally her with Dorne.

I personally think people are over reacting to what Cercei did. Was it messed up that House Tyrell was included in the bomb? Yes, but the High Sparrow was a threat that he would have killed himself given the first chance. And she could not have really predicted what Tommen was going to do. We as the audience can because we were able to see just how much he loved his wife and how good of a person he was. But she just saw what she was doing as trying to protect her child from people who were manipulating him (which they were). The only thing she is really guilty of is having someone to keep an eye on Tommen.

And love is a strange thing, someone can do something very crazy and you still forgive them. I just can't see him turning on her for Danny.

I still believe that Jamie has been on a path of change. Sure some bumpy road, especially the show but nevertheless, he is changing. This season, more than ever, he has seen how Cersie is... I still believe he is the younger brother who kill her at the end. While they are twin, one was technically older than the other. 

When he Cersie I think he will start to look at the situation a lot like Tyrion and Dany will be okay with that 

44 minutes ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

And love is a strange thing, someone can do something very crazy and you still forgive them. I just can't see him turning on her for Danny.

I don't see him killing Cersei for Dany. I see him killing Cersei because she did what he killed the Mad King to stop along with indirectly causing the death of their last child.

I could imagine different ends for Jaime.

Dany requires him to complete a Herculean task like killing the King of the Others, in exchange for his life.

Jaime changes sides because he is disgusted with his role, and goes north.

Dany agrees with his request to join the Nights Watch, an organization in which your past is to be forgotten.

Jaime becomes one of the BWB.

Jaime goes down with Cersei.

7 hours ago, Kaibaman said:

It seems like in the show Jaime had revealed to Tyrion of Aerys's wildfire plot just as he had told Brienne. Now that Tyrion has relayed this information to Dany, would she still feel inclined to punish Jaime knowing that he killed her father for righteous reasons? I'm not even sure if Dany even believes her new Hand (to her he could be lying to protect his brother) or if she and Jaime will even cross paths in the upcoming season. But if Dany does come to Westeros in a position of strength and Jaime is brought to her in chains. How is she going to deal with the Kingslayer?

she knows what her father was now.  she'll probably think Jaime is righteous.

1 hour ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

I agree that Tyrion would not want Jamie to give up CR but here is the thing.....Danny is going to war pretty much with House Lannister so Jamie would have to choose between the girl who wants to kill him and his sister or choose his crazy sister.  If she does not kill him all it will do is cause problems because Cercei of House Lannister is currently the queen. If she dies Jamie would have a claim to the throne now that he is no longer a Kingsguard.

Hmm...  I never considered this but I don't know...  Cersei already usurped everything with no claim whatsoever.  I don't think she intends to proclaim an heir because she doesn't give any fucks about what happens after she dies, and there's no way Jaime would want to be her heir.  She might propose they marry but I think he says no way.

This is also ignoring that Danny is potentially going to be allied with Dorne the people who murdered his daughter in cold blood.

Tyrion won't accept that either when he finds out.  It might even be he finds out from Jaime. 

Two ways that could be resolved depending what Dany chooses.  If she sides with Dorne I think Tyrion will abandon her and maybe reunite with Jaime if he goes north.  If Dany chooses justice and executes Elaria, she loses Dorne and probably some of her people die in the process.  But she gets even more love from Tyrion and might win Jaimes loyalty.  

So the chances of either he or Danny having pity for each other are pretty slim...As bad as his sister is she is still a better option than Danny is.

Hmm... Cersei is completely doomed.  Jaime will want her to give up the throne and run away with him.  He knows otherwise she's dead.  But he can't make her do it and she won't.  Already, Dany has sympathy for Jaime - Tyrion saw to that.  If he breaks with Cersei before they come, I think they may ally. Otherwise Jaime may go north with Briennr.  If he sticks with Cersei to the bitter end, only to kill her before she does wildfire then Dany and Tyrion will probably ask him to take the black and he'll agree.

8 hours ago, Kaibaman said:

How is she going to deal with the Kingslayer?

Hopefully with intellectual honesty and consistency. If she presumes the right to interfere in another culture's affairs on the grounds that culture was run by a bunch of brutal tyrants (which it was by the way), I'd hope she wouldn't deny the people of Westeros the same right to  deal with their own tyrants. Even by Westerosi standards Aerys was a tyrant. She either embraces the Joffrey Baratheon view of the monarchy or she does not. I do not think she can split it down the middle here.

I suppose one thing we would find out if Dany and Jaime meet is his attitude. Would he just suck it up and take the condemnation silently, as he did about the kingslaying? Would Jaime bend the knee and offer his sword? Would he ride his bad rep as he did with Edmure? Would he make up with Tyrion about the kingslaying of their father? Would he offer the army of the Westerlands to confront the Others? Would he be eloquent, gallant, cynical or saucy? Jaime has quite a range of thoughts and actions.

We are well past time when the Wars of the Roses was the main inspiration, however, in those wars, people got exhausted, and almost every noble family had switched sides a few times. Sons, brothers, nephews, uncles, were lost violently, sometimes to each other. Fortunes changed hands. Wars killed so many males, older families called it done after a few years, and new families arose as well. So will Dany call it done, and has she learned mercy or blood and fire after all? I think she will eventually see the danger from the Others as the real problem and find all the resources she can to tackle that. Now will Jaime still be in the game when that happens?

20 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Hopefully with intellectual honesty and consistency. If she presumes the right to interfere in another culture's affairs on the grounds that culture was run by a bunch of brutal tyrants (which it was by the way), I'd hope she wouldn't deny the people of Westeros the same right to  deal with their own tyrants. Even by Westerosi standards Aerys was a tyrant. She either embraces the Joffrey Baratheon view of the monarchy or she does not. I do not think she can split it down the middle here.

I honestly don't see why she even wants to Rule Westeros any longer. In my opinion Danny is as much of a tyrant as anyone else is. When she does not like someone or they disagree with her she just has them killed in some manner. She just does it with methods that are cool so we tend to ignore just how many people she has killed before even fighting a war.  Is punishing one side just because the other side was punished really going to work in Westeros?

Here are some of her actions:

1. Orders the death of all of the people who trained the unsullied.

2. Locks a man in a vault with no way out to starve then takes all his slaves.

3. Traps the Khals in a room and burns them to death.

4. Demands that the Ironborne give up their heritage.

5. Declares war on most of Westeros just because her ancestors essentially enslaved them in the past and called themselves rulers.

Is Danny really as honorable as we make her out to be? She seems to think it's okay to play god when a situation benefits her ideology.

Her army is not exactly full of honorable people either. House Greyjoy and the Ironborne have been a longtime scourge on the face of Westeros. Dorne has a culture of fighting almost everyone around them. The Dothraki are like the Mongols of Asia they have a culture of pillaging and attacking innocent people. And despite what horrible lives the unsullied have been through everyone has a chance to say no even if it costs them their own life. I need not remind people what horrible things they did as part of their training....

Tyrion Lannister the guy who betrayed his oaths and killed his father while he was on the toilet is one of the most honorable people in her army....

4 minutes ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

snip

I think Dany has always struggled with her more violent impulses and her more idealistic impulses. I haven't always been cool with some of her actions. But, I will make my final judgement about her depending on what she actually does in Westeros. And lot of that judgement will turn upon her policy choices concerning the aftermath of RR. And that will probably depend upon how she ultimately views the powers of the monarch.

11 minutes ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

I honestly don't see why she even wants to Rule Westeros any longer. In my opinion Danny is as much of a tyrant as anyone else is. When she does not like someone or they disagree with her she just has them killed in some manner. She just does it with methods that are cool so we tend to ignore just how many people she has killed before even fighting a war.  Is punishing one side just because the other side was punished really going to work in Westeros?

Here are some of her actions:

1. Orders the death of all of the people who trained the unsullied.

2. Locks a man in a vault with no way out to starve then takes all his slaves.

3. Traps the Khals in a room and burns them to death.

4. Demands that the Ironborne give up their heritage.

5. Declares war on most of Westeros just because her ancestors essentially enslaved them in the past and called themselves rulers.

Is Danny really as honorable as we make her out to be? She seems to think it's okay to play god when a situation benefits her ideology.

She is declaring war in order to reclaim her throne for the same reason that Jon and Sansa  declared war on the Boltons because it belongs to her by rights as Winterfell belongs to the Starks by right. It always amazes me that people somehow seem to think that Dany's views on feudal rights are somehow different than those of anyone else.  They are not they are actually the same as every other high lord in the story.

9 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

She is declaring war in order to reclaim her throne for the same reason that Jon and Sansa  declared war on the Boltons because it belongs to her by rights as Winterfell belongs to the Starks by right. It always amazes me that people somehow seem to think that Dany's views on feudal rights are somehow different than those of anyone else.  They are not they are actually the same as every other high lord in the story.

And it always amazes me how people claim were supposed to view the Starks relations with the Boltons in the same light as Dany's relation to the IT. The Starks weren't tyrants. Aerys was. It's a terrible analogy to make.

I'm not necessarily opposed to Dany becoming queen. But, I find the idea of her demanding people like the Starks and Arryns to just fall down and start kissing her butt, because she is allegedly the "rightful queen", without her acknowledging the Aerys situation, extremely repugnant.

5 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

And it always amazes me how people claim were supposed to view the Starks relations with the Boltons in the same light as Dany's relation to the IT. The Starks weren't tyrants. Aerys was. It's a terrible analogy to make.

I'm not necessarily opposed to Dany becoming Queen. But, I find the idea of her demanding people like the Starks and Arryns to just fall down and start kissing her butt, because she is allegedly the "rightful queen", without her acknowledging the Aerys situation, extremely repugnant.

That is completely irrelevant. They had the option of replacing Aerys with Viserys or Aegon or even Rhanenys or Daenerys. But they didn't. Robert just stole it for himself.

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

That is completely irrelevant. They had the option of replacing Aerys with Viserys or Aegon or even Rhanenys or Daenerys. But they didn't. Robert just stole it for himself.

No it isn't. Why should the Starks or Arryns be expected to remain loyal to House Targaryen, after Aerys over reaches of power? This idea that they should have gone out of their way to maintain Targaryen power is a bunch of horseshit. 

The idea that every Targaryen, whether born or unborn, is owed loyalty by the people of Westeros into the infinite future, no matter what they might do, is a bunch of horseshit.

Archived