Lady Sansa Clegane

Blackphillip

The Hound has softened, Sansa has hardened.  They seem to be moving toward being on the same side.  Sansa has experienced for herself all of the evil of "noble men" that has made Sandor so deeply bitter and hatefull.  

Sandor is becoming the opposite of the evil that Sansa has been forced to endure in husbands; he is becoming a good man lacking in high status and appearence.  True, fierce.  Beauty and the Beast,  The Lady Wolf and The Hound.  Perhaps Ramsays hounds devouring their master, avenging Sansa, is some foreshadowing. 

Whether or not the feelings are reciprocated, I think their paths will cross again and Sandor will remember how he felt for her.  Which in the least, she represented an innocence to him that he was compelled to protect.  His path of redemption could very well come to a head upon its crossing Sansas own path. In which case she will be perhaps the most well protected Lady in Westros with both Brienne of Tarth and Sandor Clegane as guardians.  And if she ever faces off with Cersei, there you have a path to the Clegane Bowl.  Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Sorry for going off topic, just a little question, does GRRM ever confirmed that san in sansa and sandor is intentional? because I don't think it's a coincidence

He did. If you google "GRRM on SanSan" you will find an interview.

I like the SanSan theory especially regarding the books I don't think there will be any sort of romantic happy end, but I hope they will meet again and appreciate how they both changed.

14 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I like the SanSan theory especially regarding the books I don't think there will be any sort of romantic happy end, but I hope they will meet again and appreciate how they both changed.

I can get behind this.  

And there is also "the other Stark girl" to consider - who had a strong impact on Sandor Clegane as well.  While the hound has been changing for the better Arya has been consistently going down a darker path.  Can The Hound convince Arya OR Sansa that vengeance Alone will do nothing but destroy them from within?  He is one who knows.  And furthermore Is he going to accept that himself, and finally Let go of the idea of killing his brother?  Instead will he be their protector?

To me these three characters come as a package and still have a lot to work through together on an emotional level.

@A spoon of knife and fork Agree with your point. I guess Sandor sees himself in Arya: a child full of vengeance, left all alone. Ok, Sandor's family wasn't dead, but his father covered the fact that Gregor put him in the fire, basically leaving him alone to deal with his trauma. I'm not sure Sandor will abondon the idea of killing his brother, but if he kills Gregor, it won't bring him peace.

Of course, it's really interesting how sansa and Arya will accept each other if they meet.

I think the SanSan ship is a joke. To be fair, most ships are. Firstly, Sansa would never marry someone like Sandor, a lowborn among nobility if there ever was one. His house is forgettable except as Lannister enforcers, and Sandor can't even do that without deserting.

Why in the blue hell would Sansa bother? For safety? You said it herself, she's probably the most well-protected lady, not including Cersei or Dany. To fulfill some dream of knights and ladies that she gave up years ago?

Sandor is completely useless to Sansa at this point in her development. Maybe she'll send him to off Cersei, but that's about it. This brings me to Sandor's place in the world GoT, namely that he has none, and he knows it. He's good for only being a sellsword.

I keep telling people - GoT ISN'T about romance/love and it doesn't lend itself to shipping.

On 7/20/2016 at 10:45 AM, Ashes Of Westeros said:

He did. If you google "GRRM on SanSan" you will find an interview.

Exactly. It'll probably never go beyond that. Maybe a kiss, but that's it.

Thanks for the kick ass replies!  The reason I see Sansa going for Sandor is that he is the opposite of what she has experienced in romantic relationships.

The romance is far less likely to happen than the two simply working together. I do see that happening, and I see Sandor trying to redeem the Stark women.  

To have some fun with it, lets consider the Clegane sigil:  three hounds.  Sandor, Sansa, and Arya ;-)

On 7/20/2016 at 4:41 AM, Blackphillip said:

The Hound has softened, Sansa has hardened.  They seem to be moving toward being on the same side.  Sansa has experienced for herself all of the evil of "noble men" that has made Sandor so deeply bitter and hatefull.  

Sandor is becoming the opposite of the evil that Sansa has been forced to endure in husbands; he is becoming a good man lacking in high status and appearence.  True, fierce.  Beauty and the Beast,  The Lady Wolf and The Hound.  Perhaps Ramsays hounds devouring their master, avenging Sansa, is some foreshadowing. 

Whether or not the feelings are reciprocated, I think their paths will cross again and Sandor will remember how he felt for her.  Which in the least, she represented an innocence to him that he was compelled to protect.  His path of redemption could very well come to a head upon its crossing Sansas own path. In which case she will be perhaps the most well protected Lady in Westros with both Brienne of Tarth and Sandor Clegane as guardians.  And if she ever faces off with Cersei, there you have a path to the Clegane Bowl.  Thoughts?

could be probable.  I love wild theories.  However, Sandor is now with the Bannerhood with Borders.  If they join up with the Northern peoples, this could be real.  But the Mellisandre question may rule it out since they hate her now.  And since they now have a distaste for the Lord of Light, I don't know if the two parties will coalesce.

I don't know if (on the show anyway) they'd have them have a full on relationship/marriage or anything, but if they did I wouldn't mind it. I've always liked the Hound. I could see them sharing a nice moment of mutual affection or respect, perhaps after having him come to her aid in some way. Who knows. I guess we'll see what happens, but I wouldn't mind seeing a little kindness thrown the Hounds way for a sec.

I think the Hound definitely has a place in this story. There's a reason the author made him big and kept him strong. "Sharp steel and strong arms rule this world, don't ever believe any different." That's true, but he also fits as the 'hard truth' that GRRM loves so much. Let alone that he's been playing this knight all along, and yet he hates them. GRRM crafted quite the character in the Hound and he's one that some root for, me included. Sansa was the one who roots for him (in the books, we know it) and applauds him as her father's tourney winner in the show.

The show has been working the Sandor and Sansa story behind smoke and mirrors and behind Arya. They love their surprises. For viewers who haven't read the books and know that Sansa has been thinking of him and his kiss, since he left her, it will be a surprise to see them when they do meet again. And meet again they will. The Hound has always been the 'Sansa's story' character, the significant 'other' that GRRM has been playing her off of. The show has been replacing Sansa in other character's storylines, but it will come back to the Hound.

That she cares for him in the books is quite obvious to me. The show will do it's own little 'it's obvious' moment too, I suspect. That is, in case it didn't occur to the viewer in their scenes together in S02E07 and S02E10.

I like this theory, very much, but i can't imagine how to introduce it...

Clegane is on a redemption way, almost spiritual. He take part of a wild justice league running to the north to fight. He and she don't have the time for any romance. And they both aren't psychologicaly in situation for love and marriage, even if they are ideal horse and carriage...

On another point, she remain already maried ... to Tyrion ! And this is not to forget i think.

And a point !  We are in GoT, not in a fairy tale !!! She can judge useful or necessary to marry Peter B. if he tell her the Targaryen ancestry of Jon... And threat her to reveal it to all. I see his last smile of the 6.10 as this plan. And she knows he have cards to play yet.

Peter B. is far from being discard ;)

Actually they are both at a great point. They already set things up. And they are at the same point in the books, he's right nearby where she is. She's free, the show tossed out the Tyrion marriage (likely he's still married to Tysha in the books) and Ramsay is dead.

"Get her a dog, she'll be happier for it." As soon as he gets back, they say, "He's a more thoughtful person... He's really thinking about his past in a way he never had before... He's starting to see that there's perhaps a different way of living your life." And send him her way.

Archived