Lady Sansa Clegane

Blackphillip

Yeah, she knows he wouldn't be such a bad brother-in-law, and if it makes Sansa happy, she'd be happy.

"There's plenty worse than me. There are men who like to beat little girls. Men who like to rape them. Saved your sister from some of them."

"You're lying."

"Ask her, if you ever see her again. Ask her who came back for her, when the mob had her on her back. They would have taken her every which way and left her with her throat cut open."

And now she knows he really did look after Sansa, because he looked after her, too.

"She was with a man. I don't think he hurt her. She didn't want to leave him, and he didn't want to leave her."

On 7/23/2016 at 1:55 AM, AugustusTheGreat said:

This makes sense, but picturing it is pretty hard to do. Watching one of the more beautiful ladies in the storyline married to one of the more disfigured and hideous men. 

Lol, OT  but word of advice my friend.  The vast majority of married women out there don't do so based on looks the way men do. It's all about what you can do for her be it being a nice loving man, protected, being rich, being exciting, being a strong leader, being someone who makes her feel happy and loved.  Looks are a very temporary quality of a person, one can be some toned muscle head and be a bearded guy with a beer belly four years later.

I think they would be a great pair because he really isn't a bad guy and he would absolutely fight and die for her.  Jon is the same way but he is her brother.

10 hours ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

Never. Going. To. Happen.

Pretty much. I think SanSan is probably the number one most delusional ship in this fandom.

They'll probably have another scene together, perhaps even romantic in nature, but the idea of them together is laughable. Sandor is nobody's idea of a good husband, including his own. Sansa has no use for him politically, which is what marriage is all about in GoT. By his very nature, Sandor doesn't belong anywhere. He probably can't even make her happy, and he'll probably never be happy himself.

There literally is not a single reason for this ship to sail.

Really? The showrunners just ruled out Jon and Sansa, saying it hadn't even occurred to them. But they have hinted a lot about Sansa and Sandor. Both characters actually have romantic thoughts about each other in canon, and now she's free, and the showrunners just sent him her way.

And they said this about him: "He's a more thoughtful person. He's really thinking about his past in a way he never had before. He's starting to see that there's perhaps a different way of living your life." Before, commenting on a scene together, "The developing relationship between these two." "Yep, much more to come."

As for marriage, they paralleled Beauty and the Beast, which is a story about marriage, and even had him give her his cloak, and wearing his cloak, she stands to face him. In the books, she pretends they kissed, dreams of him in bed with her (same story point on the show), and places him in the marriage bed, and much more...

(fixed the link, there's more here...)

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Really? The showrunners just ruled out Jon and Sansa, saying it hadn't even occurred to them. But they have hinted a lot about Sansa and Sandor. Both characters actually have romantic thoughts about each other in canon, and now she's free, and the showrunners just sent him her way.

And they said this about him: "He's a more thoughtful person. He's really thinking about his past in a way he never had before. He's starting to see that there's perhaps a different way of living your life." Before, commenting on a scene together, "The developing relationship between these two." "Yep, much more to come."

As for marriage, they paralleled Beauty and the Beast, which is a story about marriage, and even had him give her his cloak, and wearing his cloak, she stands to face him. In the books, she pretends they kissed, dreams of him in bed with her (same story point on the show), and places him in the marriage bed, and much more...

And? Ignoring how much trust you're placing in quotes by D&D, all that is still extremely weak reasoning to conclude that they'll marry. SanSan just doesn't work on any level within this world.

Like I said before, at best they'll have one more scene together, maybe romantic in nature, but it would never go any further beyond that.

It's quite ironic that you bring up the Beauty and the Beast parallel, because that's essentially an unrealistic romance story. Another song that doesn't gel with the reality of GoT. Just like all the others Sansa was taught.

1 minute ago, ThePukwudgie said:

And? Ignoring how much trust you're placing in quotes by D&D, all that is still extremely weak reasoning to conclude that they'll marry. SanSan just doesn't work on any level within this world.

Like I said before, at best they'll have one more scene together, maybe romantic in nature, but it would never go any further beyond that.

It's quite ironic that you bring up the Beauty and the Beast parallel, because that's essentially an unrealistic romance story. Another song that doesn't gel with the reality of GoT. Just like all the others Sansa was taught.

^ AND just the kind of trope GRRM rails against!

1 minute ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

^ AND just the kind of trope GRRM rails against!

Exactly, though I do think GRRM is actively  trying to lead SanSan shippers on. He'll probably follow the steps involved in a typical Beauty and the Beast story, only to pull the rug from under their feet.

I've already formed my own theory about showSansa's reunion with the Hound. I think she'll use him to off Cersei, or perhaps protect Jon against the White Walkers. Sandor won't make it to the end though.

Actually, GRRM is a big fan of Beauty and the Beast, he even requested art work for Sansa and the Hound like the La Belle et la Bete poster, that's his favorite version of the story. It's considered a four star film, it's a classic. When GRRM wrote for Beauty and the Beast (the show), which he says he's proud of, he said he was the one who kept wanting to add kisses, but the showrunner stopped him (he wanted to draw that moment out). He also wanted the actor who played the Beast to play the Hound, but that was before the show, then he wanted Rory (he's chose him). It's really not a good argument to say GRRM doesn't like Beauty and the Beast, it's easily disproven.

10 hours ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

Why? Girl who has been through hell and feels like no one can protect her. And a big strong man who is arguably one of the best warriors in the world. 

Not to mention the lord of Light has granted him plot armor. 

If by 'protector', you mean 'bodyguard', she already has the person who beat the Hound. (That doesn't mention that the most positive, empowering message from Sansa's story would not be her gaining a protector. It would be her learning how to protect herself. At best with an army and a strong network of contacts.)

Also, psychology tells us that the best, most stable pairings are not based on tradeoffs  (protector-protectee; this is codependence, which is a pathology), but between people who share things. Interests. Goals. And Sansa Stark and Sandor Clegane have absolutely nothing in common right now. She is a Lady of a great House, who has ambitions to be a power in the Realms. He... He just wants to go away and do his own thing, undisturbed. Eat some fucking chickens. He would be a liability to her; she, as a politician, would be distasteful to him. And I doubt, too, that he would agree to be a retainer once again.

I fully agree that GRRM is trolling the Sansans. Heavily.

Books and show, they have shown them becoming more and more alike. But they were always drawn together because of their common dreams, he was playing with the knight toy, she was the fair maiden, he's the Florian to her Jonquil. "Get her a dog, she'll be happier for it," the deep emotional bond that transcends time and distance, that's about identity. They are two of a kind, that's what the show keeps hinting, and they meet in the middle. It's a classic way of showing a connection, should be a pretty nice story, when they reunite, a bright spot on the show.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Books and show, they have shown them becoming more and more alike. But they were always drawn together because of their common dreams, he was playing with the knight toy, she was the fair maiden, he's the Florian to her Jonquil. "Get her a dog, she'll be happier for it," the deep emotional bond that transcends time and distance, that's about identity. They are two of a kind, that's what the show keeps hinting, and they meet in the middle. It's a classic way of showing a connection, should be a pretty nice story, when they reunite, a bright spot on the show.

Sounds like fanfiction to me. Fiction plagued by a complete misunderstanding of the characters. Here's a question, if Sansa became more like Sandor, why would he have any interest in her? Thankfully for you, they're not . . . .

Two of a kind? They're nothing a like. Seriously, there are no similarities between them . . . at all. This is why I say that SanSan is the most delusional ship. It's based in such trope-ish shipping-fodder that it must be a red herring. When you actually see past the trope, you see two characters that just would never work together.

7 hours ago, ADanceWithCats said:

If by 'protector', you mean 'bodyguard', she already has the person who beat the Hound. (That doesn't mention that the most positive, empowering message from Sansa's story would not be her gaining a protector. It would be her learning how to protect herself. At best with an army and a strong network of contacts.)

Also, psychology tells us that the best, most stable pairings are not based on tradeoffs  (protector-protectee; this is codependence, which is a pathology), but between people who share things. Interests. Goals. And Sansa Stark and Sandor Clegane have absolutely nothing in common right now. She is a Lady of a great House, who has ambitions to be a power in the Realms. He... He just wants to go away and do his own thing, undisturbed. Eat some fucking chickens. He would be a liability to her; she, as a politician, would be distasteful to him. And I doubt, too, that he would agree to be a retainer once again.

I fully agree that GRRM is trolling the Sansans. Heavily.

GRMM wouldn't be trolling SanSan fans, because he's writing a BatB story, one he likes. Even if it ends badly, the romance will most likely be developed. But he wouldn't be trolling his own work.

If Sansa is set to end up in a position of power, then her having anything to do with Sandor, in that sense, would just be a hindrance. He offers nothing of benefit to her.  He's way beneath her station, unsightly, way older, he has no fortune, no army, he is known as a vicious child murderer, a former lapdog of Joffrey's and a coward who abandoned his King he swore his loyalty and sword to because of a bit of fire. That makes him unreliable, his word means little. She can keep him as her secret lover though if it came out she'd be ruined. If she were to officially marry him, she'd have to forefeit her status as Lady Stark and any higher position she could occupy.

Archived