Illyrio Mo'Parties

Is David Eddings any good?

46 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, they managed to make Terry Brooks into a MTV series, of all things. So who knows.

Yes. But it was/is/probably will continue to be, crap.

I think we'll see another go at Dragonlance before we ever see an Eddings adaptation on screen.

38 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Yes. But it was/is/probably will continue to be, crap.

I think we'll see another go at Dragonlance before we ever see an Eddings adaptation on screen.

Hey, the soundtrack to Dragonlance was pretty good!

*cries*

On 1/13/2018 at 2:53 PM, Richard Writhen said:

I was quite pleasantly surprised by The Belgariad, but he kind of flakes out about midway through The Malloreon with character stagnation and an abundance of convenient coincidences.

I have lost count of my re-reads of the Belgariad since I was 12. It's like Kraft Mac & Cheese to me. I know there's not a lot nutrition, but it's comfort food that I can always count on.

Mallorean re-reads always seem to stall out at book three (Demon Lord of Karanda).

I do love dropping into the Belgarath the Sorcerer "autobiography" from time to time.  It covers a lot of ground.

I hope it's never adapted for any screen, large or small. Not necessary and would honestly disappoint viewers used to crazy twists and turns of a series like Game Of Thrones.

3 hours ago, The Wedge said:

I hope it's never adapted for any screen, large or small. Not necessary and would honestly disappoint viewers used to crazy twists and turns of a series like Game Of Thrones.

I know Eddings was always very insistent that he'd never sell the film rights to his books, although I don't know whether whoever it is that now controls his estate will follow the same approach.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:55 AM, The Wedge said:

Mallorean re-reads always seem to stall out at book three (Demon Lord of Karanda).

That's exactly where I quit reading it.

Spoiler

The king is Silk's long-lost brother from another mother or whatever.