Robert Kirkman Adapting Roger Zelazny’s The Chronicles of Amber for Tv

AncalagonTheBlack

'Walking Dead' Creator Adapting 'Chronicles of Amber' for TV

Robert Kirkman and his Skybound Entertainment banner partner Dave Alpert are adapting beloved science fiction/fantasy franchise Chronicles of Amber for television, THR has learned.

Kirkman and Alpert are teaming with Vincent Newman Entertainment (We're the Millers) to develop author Roger Zelazny's book series for television. A search is underway for a writer to adapt the book series that has sold more than 15 million copies globally before the project is taken out into the marketplace. Chronicles of Amber has been credited as one of the main inspirations for George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones. Kirkman and Alpert will exec produce alongside Newman, with the goal to take out the project to cable, streaming and premium cable networks.

"Chronicles of Amber is one of my favorite book series of all time, and one of my main inspirations for working in film and television,” Skybound CEO Alpert said. "Getting to produce this project is the fulfillment of a lifelong dream. I can’t wait to share this amazing story with a new generation of fans.”

Added EP Newman: "The greatness of the Amber universe is attested to by its millions of fans across the globe as well as its influence on so many other literary works. I can’t think of better partners in David and Robert with which to bring the Amber novels to television and other platforms."

Oh please, someone must stop this guy from working on TV.

I don't know how he manages it, but he makes the most boring shows I've ever watched out of the most supposedly entertaining concepts. He deserves awards for this achievement.

Yep, I'm still not over how boring Outcast is. That show is better than any sleep pills.

Archived