Danny's Reasoning Flawed?

PeacockB

As I see it she is either   (1) a revenge driven tyrant    or   (2) an oblivious moron

1) She wants to sail to westeros to retake(conquer) what is as the last Targaryen rightfully hers, by bringing "justice" to those who destroyed her family.

2) If she is not a blood thirsty tyrant then she is a moron because she she wants to claim the right to rule a land her family ruled for +-290 years.

A fraction of the time any of the surrounding familys spent ruling.

The part that makes her a moron in my eyes it these facts  1. Where she is now she is loved and seen as a Queen.

2. She as the last Valyrian has more claim to the lands she rules now than she does westeros.

(Why does no one point this out to her)

That's my view.

Please be gentle Danny lovers.

1 hour ago, PeacockB said:

As i stated she has more clame to the land she currently rules and want's to abandon than weteros.

She doesn't have any claim to where she is ruling now. She does have a valid claim to the throne of Westeros though. That is undeniable fact, the only question is how many will actually support that claim.

9 hours ago, PeacockB said:

How can she as the last living Valyrian not have a claim on the lands that the Valyrians ruled for thousands of years. yet she has a claim on a land the same blood has ruled for a fraction of that time?

I think probably Aegon revoked his claim to these lands in Essos, preventing any rights from passing to Danny. He rather expressly wrote off all of Essos.

10 hours ago, PeacockB said:

How can she as the last living Valyrian not have a claim on the lands that the Valyrians ruled for thousands of years. yet she has a claim on a land the same blood has ruled for a fraction of that time?

Where have you got the idea that Daenerys is the last living Valyrian? There are to my knowledge plenty of Valyrians left, in Volantis for exampl e as well as other Free Cities.

19 hours ago, PeacockB said:

yes and the roman empire had millions of civilians yet it was only the nobles (ie. Dragonlords) who ruled.

Problem is that there are Valyrian nobility in Volantis and Lys, and that's not counting the ethnical Valyrians who are around also in Westeros like the Velaryons and Celtigars. If you want to say that Daenerys is the last dragonlady then do so, but please don't say she's the last Valyrian if that's not what you mean.

On 7/21/2016 at 6:50 AM, PeacockB said:

2. She as the last Valyrian has more claim to the lands she rules now than she does westeros.

Cuz, fukkkin dragons yo.

• 2 weeks later...

She doedn't have a claim to Westeros I don't know why people think she has. AegonI had a claim because he conquered Westeros. So the Targaryen ruled, then Robert beat them and more or less conquered Westeros. Dany has no claim, her family lost the war, the only way to gain a claim would br to conquer it back.

Also I think she has a claim in Essos because she conquered it. The Throne belong to the person who wins.

9 hours ago, The North arises said:

Dany has no claim, her family lost the war, the only way to gain a claim would br to conquer it back.

Well, officially Robert was chosen because he's a great grandson of Aegon V, it's stated in appendix in DwD. There are other hints like Ned saying that Robert had a better claim or Joffrey as descendant of the dragon kings. It implies that targaryen blood does matter for making a claim. 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:16 PM, LionoftheWest said:

Where have you got the idea that Daenerys is the last living Valyrian? There are to my knowledge plenty of Valyrians left, in Volantis for exampl e as well as other Free Cities.

Most of the dragon lords probably did perish when Valyria was destroyed, but IIRC, the leaders of Volantis were younger sons and daughters of Valyrian nobility.  And as you point out, the Celtigars, Velaryons, and Bar Emmons are all descended from Valyrian nobility.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:50 PM, PeacockB said:

As I see it she is either   (1) a revenge driven tyrant    or   (2) an oblivious moron

1) She wants to sail to westeros to retake(conquer) what is as the last Targaryen rightfully hers, by bringing "justice" to those who destroyed her family.

2) If she is not a blood thirsty tyrant then she is a moron because she she wants to claim the right to rule a land her family ruled for +-290 years.

A fraction of the time any of the surrounding familys spent ruling.

The part that makes her a moron in my eyes it these facts  1. Where she is now she is loved and seen as a Queen.

That's my view.

Please be gentle Danny lovers.

She has a very strong claim to Iron Throne, based on her descent.  And, she comes from a culture in which honour demands that royalty and nobility pursue such claims, and avenge harms that were done to their families.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, Whitering said:

I think probably Aegon revoked his claim to these lands in Essos, preventing any rights from passing to Danny. He rather expressly wrote off all of Essos.

Aegon I had no interest in conquering lands in Essos, and sided with enemies of Volantis. He made no formal revocation that I know of, though.

As far as I know, the Volantenes are the only people to have based their claims to rule Essos on being the successors to Valyria.

13 hours ago, SeanF said:

Aegon I had no interest in conquering lands in Essos, and sided with enemies of Volantis. He made no formal revocation that I know of, though.

As far as I know, the Volantenes are the only people to have based their claims to rule Essos on being the successors to Valyria.

Claims have never successfully descended through as many generations as between Aegon and Dany, so even if he did not formally revoke his claims, she would not have any claim to it, nor would Valyria really at this point, other than Volantis maintaining the CB, but their inability to press the claim for so long would make it tenuous at best.

Guest jasonothegreat
On 7/22/2016 at 3:10 AM, PeacockB said:

She has more Westerosi blood than the Lyseni, her great grandmother had the blood of the first men. Valyrians haven't ruled Essos in 400 years while her family was in power in westeros less than 20 years ago. The Volantenes, Tyroshi and Ghiscari won't bow easily especially considering how she has less than a fraction of the amount of dragons the original Valyrians had. Her clame is strongest in westeros because her family was in power there most recently. Add to the fact that House Targaryen wasn't a very powerful house during the Valyrian occupation of Essos. She also opposes the main idealogies that Essos and her original people were built on, She is more Westerosi than you think due to her repulsion with slavery. As well Essos is united against her would be a lot harder to defeat (even with dragons) than Westeros fracturing for and against her. Her ambition for Westeros is much more justified and her claim much stronger. She may be Valyrian but Most of the Noble Volantenes consider themselves the true heirs to Valyria and the Lyseni also have a very Lyseni Look. The Ghiscari have been taught to despise their former overlords and If she thinks she can take Essos, That is the true fault, To believe that it would be easier to take a Place which had 400 years to adapt to non-Valyrian rule (And she is hardly a Valyrian, remember how many times she was referred as Westerosi?) rather than Westeros which is still adjusting to non-Targaryen rule. It is the ancient rules of ancestry that dictate the longer you spend away the less your claim becomes. Also remember half of her current citizens see her as a tyrannical Queen who robbed them of their traditions and destroyed their religion. She has ruined any chance of reforming Ancient Valyria.

Archived