Will Jon and Sansa become romantically involved?

Britisher

16 minutes ago, bemused said:

We were kicking some of this around recently on another thread (and I'm currently working on something about Shadrich) ..a thought that occured in the process is that , if there is to be a  real occasion when Sansa slays a giant (LF) in a castle made of snow.. Snow is now falling even in king's landing soon every castle may look like it's made of snow.

I like the point about the fact that at the Eyrie , Sansa didn't "kill" the "giant" until after her castle was ruined. Harrenhal is a ruin, though still habitable and what with LF's and Sansa's individual ties to the place (Sansa through her Whent blood).. she could fulfil the prophecy there.

I have no idea if you have seen this information I am linking to (it IS Winds spoilery) , but I would take a look at it and maybe consider it when developing the Giants head on a spike/spear portion of your write up. Just a suggestion. 

46 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

My mistake then. It makes more sense that Brienne and Jaime are the POVs for Riverlands in TWOW actually.

@The Fattest Leech, your ability to produce book quotes so quickly is amazing :)

Thanks. I tend to remember certain words or phrases that stand out, but never the whole line, so I am always scanning for smaller bits and I think that helps me work faster. 

That, or my insomnia/ADD combo :dunno: :D

1 hour ago, bemused said:

We were kicking some of this around recently on another thread (and I'm currently working on something about Shadrich) ..a thought that occured in the process is that , if there is to be a  real occasion when Sansa slays a giant (LF) in a castle made of snow.. Snow is now falling even in king's landing soon every castle may look like it's made of snow.

I like the point about the fact that at the Eyrie , Sansa didn't "kill" the "giant" until after her castle was ruined. Harrenhal is a ruin, though still habitable and what with LF's and Sansa's individual ties to the place (Sansa through her Whent blood).. she could fulfil the prophecy there.

And the Gates of the Moon can become a ruin too imo, crashing with it the hopes and dreams. After all, even if SR calls his doll a giant, SR is even a bigger giant in comparison to the snow castle (of which the giant doll knocked the gates down). He scales to the snow castle like a giant mountain to a real-size castle, which is called the "Giant's Lance". And then we have Sansa looking down at the Gates of the Moon "wishing" that she could stamp all those people down there like ants (Sansa's wishes tend to come true, regardless whether it's by hanging or a block and sword). Of course at the Hand's tourney we have a giant's lance (nicknamed the Mountain) killing a knight of the Vale who wears a sigil of "moons" that darken with blood. And that Mountain was said to come riding onto the tourney like an "avalanche". And when Cat reaches the Sky gate at the Eyrie she thinks it would be an excellent spot for an "avalanche". 

Yes, there are amazing connections between their stories and geographically they are the closest starks right now but we are stretching too much the notion of siblings thinking about each other, Jon thinking about Arya or Sansa, Sansa and Arya thinking about Jon, it's a human thing and not a romantic thing, nostalgia in family make people think about each other, but between us, the one who will get Sansa's love, it will be better for him far more than a million iron thrones, the girl is a treasure

2 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I have no idea if you have seen this information I am linking to (it IS Winds spoilery) , but I would take a look at it and maybe consider it when developing the Giants head on a spike/spear portion of your write up. Just a suggestion. 

Yes, I saw that .. very interesting, no? But for now I'm mainly looking at Shadrich...some cool bits began to surface for me..

1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

And the Gates of the Moon can become a ruin too imo, crashing with it the hopes and dreams. After all, even if SR calls his doll a giant, SR is even a bigger giant in comparison to the snow castle (of which the giant doll knocked the gates down). He scales to the snow castle like a giant mountain to a real-size castle, which is called the "Giant's Lance". And then we have Sansa looking down at the Gates of the Moon "wishing" that she could stamp all those people down there like ants (Sansa's wishes tend to come true, regardless whether it's by hanging or a block and sword). Of course at the Hand's tourney we have a giant's lance (nicknamed the Mountain) killing a knight of the Vale who wears a sigil of "moons" that darken with blood. And that Mountain was said to come riding onto the tourney like an "avalanche". And when Cat reaches the Sky gate at the Eyrie she thinks it would be an excellent spot for an "avalanche". 

I like all these possibilities, too ( and really admired your thread, BTW)

6 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I said it earlier and I'll say it again, I hate shipping. I can see Jon and Val together because of the clues already in place within the story. NOT because someone is hot, or lonely, or misses home. I look at it, and provide plenty of text to show why, as how this will benefit BOTH parties involved and the bigger picture of what is going on in Westeros. George makes the reader work for the answer, but the answers are there and not some wildly obscure reference you can only see if you stand on your head.

You said it yourself in your opening post on this thread:

On 7/21/2016 at 4:11 PM, The Fattest Leech said:

I agree with the other posters here like @kissdbyfire @sweetsunray and @Jon's Queen Consort that nothing between Jon and Sansa, or any of his siblings, will happen.

While I do appreciate the work you put into your post, most just say something lame like "I have a gut feeling", I can see your effort. However, I think your own line says it best: "There's no solid evidence that Jon and Sansa will end up together, but there are some strong indications which I will outline below:"

And yes to the please don't use the outline to try and validate anything. George has said in past interviews, and just about 6 weeks ago, that the only reason he wrote the outline was because his publisher required one and he was, and I quote, "making shit up." He did this before book one was ever finished, so chances are high AGOT doesn't even really fit the outline.

There is no sufficient evidence to prove that Jon will end up with Val any more than Jon will end up with Sansa. Yes, they are connected in some way, but Jon is also connected with Mel, Dany and Sansa. Yes, Jon has some affection for her, that doesn't mean they'll end up together. Yes, it makes sense politically, but so too would marriage with Sansa and Dany. Being assertive does not always make you right.

3 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

... And then we have Sansa looking down at the Gates of the Moon "wishing" that she could stamp all those people down there like ants (Sansa's wishes tend to come true, regardless whether it's by hanging or a block and sword). 

Be fair. She wishes she had a problem with ants, instead of a problem with people.

5 hours ago, Britisher said:

You said it yourself in your opening post on this thread:

There is no sufficient evidence to prove that Jon will end up with Val any more than Jon will end up with Sansa. Yes, they are connected in some way, but Jon is also connected with Mel, Dany and Sansa. Yes, Jon has some affection for her, that doesn't mean they'll end up together. Yes, it makes sense politically, but so too would marriage with Sansa and Dany. Being assertive does not always make you right.

I have never been assertive here. 

8 hours ago, bemused said:

Yes, I saw that .. very interesting, no? But for now I'm mainly looking at Shadrich...some cool bits began to surface for me..

I like all these possibilities, too ( and really admired your thread, BTW)

Her threads are great. She is a master at piecing together the clues. 

28 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I have never been assertive here. 

For want of a better word that comment was intended as a more general one for everyone. Sorry if I have offended you here.

Well, to be blunt, they were raised together as brother and sister. So, even if they are cousins, they would have a closer relationship then that. Jon would regard her as a sister. Not as much as he does Arya, but still, his sister. He wouldn't exactly be thrilled about marrying her. There are also NO indications of any kind of romance between Jon and Sansa. They haven't even interacted once.

I actually want Sansa to marry Harrold Hardnying because she would then be able to use her position as the lady of the Vale (let's not kid ourselves that Sweetrobin is going to live) to betray Petyr Baelish, and reveal all of his crimes, from murdering Jon Arryn to killing Joffrey, and command the lords and ladies of the Vale to arrest him and his henchmen right there. Then she takes Harrold to bed in a private ceremony.

Seriously, can we all agree that Sansa betraying Petyr Baelish publicly, and ensuring that all the realm knows he helped the Tyrells to kill Joffrey, which would shatter the Lannistar+Tyrell alliance in one blow, dooming Ceresi, and paving the way for Jon to claim the Iron Throne, once R+L=J is confirmed and he is made aware of it, and then just turns to her new husband, a playboy with two bastards, who has been sitting there, watching the whole thing, and then tells him it is time for them to consummate their marriage, would be awesome?

Please, GRRM. DO IT AS I HAVE FORESEEN!

On 7/21/2016 at 11:05 AM, Britisher said:

The outline does not support a romantic relationship developing between the two characters but it underlines the fact that it is a possibility - as I have mentioned the actual plot of the series is considerably different to the outline.

Anything is a possibility. Jon falling for Lollys is a possibility. Jon falling for Samwell is a possibility. Jon falling for Coldhands is a possibility.

9 minutes ago, TheDemonicStark said:

Well, to be blunt, they were raised together as brother and sister. So, even if they are cousins, they would have a closer relationship then that. Jon would regard her as a sister. Not as much as he does Arya, but still, his sister. He wouldn't exactly be thrilled about marrying her. There are also NO indications of any kind of romance between Jon and Sansa. They haven't even interacted once.

I actually want Sansa to marry Harrold Hardnying because she would then be able to use her position as the lady of the Vale (let's not kid ourselves that Sweetrobin is going to live) to betray Petyr Baelish, and reveal all of his crimes, from murdering Jon Arryn to killing Joffrey, and command the lords and ladies of the Vale to arrest him and his henchmen right there. Then she takes Harrold to bed in a private ceremony.

Seriously, can we all agree that Sansa betraying Petyr Baelish publicly, and ensuring that all the realm knows he helped the Tyrells to kill Joffrey, which would shatter the Lannistar+Tyrell alliance in one blow, dooming Ceresi, and paving the way for Jon to claim the Iron Throne, once R+L=J is confirmed and he is made aware of it, and then just turns to her new husband, a playboy with two bastards, who has been sitting there, watching the whole thing, and then tells him it is time for them to consummate their marriage? 

Please, GRRM. DO IT AS I HAVE FORESEEN!

A quote from earlier suggests that Jon may not necessarily perceive his relationship with Sansa as being brother/sisterly, which is further reinforced by the fact that Sansa consistently disassociates Jon from her family unit by using bastardised terms to describe him such as "my bastard half-brother". The two were pretty distant.

As for Sansa disposing of Littlefinger it is heavily implied from the snow castle chapter in AFFC and from the Ghost of High Hart that Sansa will "slay a giant in a snow castle": the giant being the sigil of House Baelish of the Fingers (representing Littlefinger), the snow castle being Winterfell.

2 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Anything is a possibility. Jon falling for Lollys is a possibility. Jon falling for Samwell is a possibility. Jon falling for Coldhands is a possibility.

A possibility worth considering perhaps? 

I'm on the Jollys wagon myself.

13 minutes ago, Britisher said:

A quote from earlier suggests that Jon may not necessarily perceive his relationship with Sansa as being brother/sisterly, which is further reinforced by the fact that Sansa consistently disassociates Jon from her family unit by using bastardised terms to describe him such as "my bastard half-brother". The two were pretty distant.

As for Sansa disposing of Littlefinger it is heavily implied from the snow castle chapter in AFFC and from the Ghost of High Hart that Sansa will "slay a giant in a snow castle": the giant being the sigil of House Baelish of the Fingers (representing Littlefinger), the snow castle being Winterfell.

Actually, Littlefinger did change the sigil of his house to a mockingbird. As for the giant, it could be anything. Say, an undead giant? A giant horde of wights? A faceless man?

8 minutes ago, TheDemonicStark said:

Actually, Littlefinger did change the sigil of his house to a mockingbird. As for the giant, it could be anything. Say, an undead giant? A giant horde of wights? A faceless man?

He adopted a sigil of silver mockingbirds on a green field for House Baelish of Harrenhal, which is a cadet branch of House Baelish of the Fingers whose sigil is the head of the Titan of Braavos. Petyr Baelish is the incumbent lord of both houses.

18 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

There were some who said it as a joke but after D&D's fan fiction, the whole forum and tumblr is full of it.

Alot of Jonsa shipping also started when GRRM's outline was revealed.  There were a few Jonsa shippers around already and they were encouraged with the idea that Jon wouldn't ship Arya but Sansa.  Quite the jump from Arya to Sansa but that didn't matter, several book threads went on about that. 

36 minutes ago, Britisher said:

The snow castle being Winterfell is only your insertion. We saw GoHH's prediction coming true already - Sansa ripped the head off a doll that SR called a giant in a literal snow castle. GoHH's prediction foreshadows the snow castle scene, which is a foreshadowing scene by itself. The whole LF-Sansa interaction while building that snow castle has already majorly transpired since the moment that LF pushed Lysa out of the moon door in aFfC - from giving instructions to making his own hands dirty to accepting her own suggestions. aFfC ends right where SR and a giant is supposed to spoil the party. So, unless Sansa is going to teleport to WF, the destruction of the snow castle and Sansa putting a giant's head on a spike and walk away from the whole mess it's all going down at the Gates of the Moon.  

GRRM foreshadows in steps of 3: The Hand's tourney scene where a knight of the Vale in Arryn colors and moon symbols is killed by a giant's lance is the first foreshadowing. Then follows GoHH's prediction which points to the third foreshadowing. It'll happen in the Vale, not the North.

Archived