Bojack Horseman Season 3 Spoilers around!

Arch-MaesterPhilip

I liked many of the individual episodes, but the overarching plotting was rather bad.

In fact the final episode seemed rather ridiculous?

(Are we allowed to talk about the whole thing without spoiler tags?)

I loved it. That penultimate episode didn't quite fill me with as much dread as the penultimate episode from Season 2, but it was still really "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit is he going to actually run into her after everything that went down".

There's a good parallel there between Todd's final remarks to Bojack this season and what Herb said to him back in Season 1 when he told him he wouldn't forgive him. Letting Bojack off the hook with apologies, giving him absolution and more time - it just lets him keep on being the bad, fundamentally self-absorbed person that he is. I think I loved Princess Carolyn's reaction in that penultimate episode where she says nothing and just shakes her head the most (but then again Princess Carolyn is my favorite character in the whole series).

The final episode was ridiculous, but I think that was mostly intentional. It was to give us a breather after the build-up and climax in the previous two episodes.

Honestly, where can Bojack go from there? That interview the show-runner had with the author at Vox said that they're not going to just suddenly revert the changes in Season 4. He has no friends or allies, and he's once again pissed all over a career opportunity and lifeline (Ethan Around) because of his self-absorption.

I think he left Ethan around to protect the little girl from the fate Sarah Lynn suffered. He didn't know any other way to protect her.

I was kind of pissed at how Princess Carolyn screwed Bojack out of the role in Kelsey Jannings new project. 

As for Todd I feel bad for him. Just when you think he has succeed he fucks up.  I thought him being asexual was a nice twist. 

Archived