Sansa: A passion for Killing. The New "psycho"?

a black swan

Well according to Sophie, that seems to be the case for s7.

At comic con today she explained that the past 5 seasons lead up to Sansa's making her first kill. 

She also said that Sansa was more prepared for the IT than Jon is. Thinks Jon can't even run Winterfell like Sansa can and wants LF to be on the IT.

She also said Sansa potentially has a passion for killing now. 

Not totally accurate as I read her remarks:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/07/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-sansa-stark-comic-con

“[Sansa] believes they should both be King and Queen of the North,” Turner said. “I don't believe she thinks Jon is capable of running Winterfell and the North.”

In case you were curious why Turner thinks Snow is unfit for solo throne responsibilities, the actress continued, “[Sansa] doesn’t think he has the intellect, the knowledge, and the experience that she has, and I concur.”

Turner also offered her interpretation of the look that her character exchanged with Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen) in the season finale, after Snow was declared King of the North.

“There’s always a bit of sibling rivalry between Sansa and Jon; there has been since they were very young,” Turner said. “I think that look between Sansa and Littlefinger is her kind of acknowledging that his points are somewhat legitimate, and she’s kind of intrigued as to that pretty little picture that he painted of him on the Iron Throne and her by his side.”

“She’s kind of thinking, ‘Well, he’ll give me the credit that I deserve,’” Turner continued. “But it’s very interesting to see where her loyalties will now lie—whether she’ll go with Jon or Littlefinger.”

So, yes, she does think Sansa is more prepared, but no, she didn't say she wants LF on the Iron Throne - only that she was 'intrigued' by the idea, which isn't the same thing. And she does give Jon his (partial) due, as King in the North.

Didn't find anything on her killing.

17 minutes ago, mormont said:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/07/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-sansa-stark-comic-con

So, yes, she does think Sansa is more prepared, but no, she didn't say she wants LF on the Iron Throne - only that she was 'intrigued' by the idea, which isn't the same thing. And she does give Jon his (partial) due, as King in the North.

This is just bizarre. Sansa has had no experience ruling over people whatsoever. Jon might be a bit useless at times, but he does have experience being a leader at the very least.

And LF's points are legitimate? Oh dear.

I think the story needs that conflict where Sansa gets tempted to adopt  Baelish's path of power and dominance as her own, meaning she would be set up as being in conflict with Jon.

This plotline would have a tail of so many most fascinating loyalty conflicts: Jon himself, Brienne an d her oath, Pod. Maybe Sandor will have to decide what is the right thing to do, torn between Sansa as she is now, while remembering the girl he once wanted to protect, and his conscience. And Arya.

The Game of Thrones might find a second location in the North, repeating the drama in the South after the downfall of KL, with Davos being more clever than Ned. 

There are at least 13 episodes to come and all united against the White Walkers might be too straightforward as only storyline since we know the good guys will win in the end. And while the story goes beyond that predictable ending they have to keep the different plotlines and characters together instead of letting them dribble away to different small story solutions.

A conflict around Winterfell, Baelish's power game, and loyalties would be a way to do it. I wonder how Dany and Tyrion might play into this here.

So I think if Turner is right with her hints and not only teasing us it would be a good thing.

Seem's a bit of character for Sansa, she was never power hungry, she was just young girl with dreams of marrying a prince and living a peaceful wonderful life. There was no craven to be a ruler or to have power, just to be looked after and have someone love her back.

She was equally if not more pleased at the prospect of marrying Loras and living in highgarden than being the actual Queen if it meant marrying Joffrey.

Maergery was the one with the " I don't just want to be a queen I want to be the queen" dreams...

So for her to be intrigued with marrying a man she is not attracted too, doesn't fully trust or feel 100% safe around just so she can get herself into a powerful position seems very out of character.

She had that with Joffrey and was always looking for an out... she had no interest in the power if it wasn't with someone she loved and felt safe with.

Well I think Sansa will pair up with LF after all. 

And Sandor or Arya will be the one who kill the power hunger Sansa. So maybe Sansa will be Nissa Nissa. 

Sandor is AA no doubt! I like this idea.

Nice try, so you saw 'Is Arya the new psycho?' thread and you responded by 'Is Sansa the new psycho?' thread, I don't why some people insist in dragging Sansa in any topic and in replicating anything about Arya in Sansa, there is no rivalry between them in the show or the the books, their stories and personalities are differents, it's a very poor understanding of the story if you think that there is a rivalry

I see little from Ms. Turner's comments that makes a compelling case that Sansa will turn into an outright psycho. Also, usually, I take Ms. Turner’s comments with a big grain of salt.

In case you were curious why Turner thinks Snow is unfit for solo throne responsibilities, the actress continued, “[Sansa] doesn’t think he has the intellect, the knowledge, and the experience that she has, and I concur.”

Well this is an interesting comment. We may have to change Sandra Smirk's name to Sandra Smug. I’m not quite sure how Sandra Smug has come to the firm and unequivocal conclusion that she is Jon’s clear superior in both intellect and experience, particularly given that the greatest threat to the North, at the present, is the imminent onslaught of the Others. It’s true that Sandra Smug might be better at some things than Jon, like say court intrigue. But, it’s not like Sandra, with her partner LF, are going to bring the Night’s King to ruin by conning him into some kind of pyramid scheme.

Not sure where this is coming from.

Perhaps it is just something Ms. Turner is saying. But, I think much of what Ms. Turner says must be viewed with a healthy dose of skepticism. 

9 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Well this is an interesting comment. We may have to change Sandra Smirk's name to Sandra Smug.

It's just a suggestion, but perhaps you could just use her actual name instead?

Nicknames, after all, are pretty silly.

5 hours ago, mormont said:

No. Maybe you missed it but they asked the panel who they want on the throne. Sophie said she wants LF on it. This isn't the first time she has said it either.

Also about her character development, she sees Sansa going in 2 directions: A strong leader or a sadist. Which brings to mind Ramsay's parting words of him being "a part of her now". She also said Sansa kept the Vale army news from Jon so she "can take the credit". Which is stupid, Jon gives her the credit she clearly does not deserve. 

I mean, maybe you should just watch the whole panel for yourself? Instead of reading cherry-picked quotes from articles second-hand? 

12 minutes ago, mormont said:

It's just a suggestion, but perhaps you could just use her actual name instead?

Nicknames, after all, are pretty silly.

I don't care if you think it's silly. You're entitled to your opinions.

I will express myself as I please, unless I am clearly violating a forum rule, in which case I will stop and will give my apologies. Or if I am saying something that is clearly out of the normal bounds of decency, which I don't think is the case here.

I think it's silly not to have any sense of humor.

3 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Also about her character development, she sees Sansa going in 2 directions: A strong leader or a sadist. Which brings to mind Ramsay's parting words of him being a part of her now. She also said Sansa kept the Vale army news from Jon so she can take the credit. Jon gives her the credit she clearly does not deserve.

I think that the passion of killing is about killing LF, I didn't know that you have a big interest in sansa's story development because the only thing I saw is how much you love showing your hate to sansa in every post, sometimes I suspect that you think that Sansa got out from the books, killed half of the world and returned in the books

11 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

No. Maybe you missed it but they asked the panel who they want on the throne. Sophie said she wants LF on it. This isn't the first time she has said it either.

Also about her character development, she sees Sansa going in 2 directions: A strong leader or a sadist. Which brings to mind Ramsay's parting words of him being "a part of her now". She also said Sansa kept the Vale army news from Jon so she "can take the credit". Which is stupid, Jon gives her the credit she clearly does not deserve. 

I mean, maybe you should just watch the whole panel for yourself? Instead of reading cherry-picked quotes from articles second-hand? 

Yes, this.

2 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Seem's a bit of character for Sansa, she was never power hungry, she was just young girl with dreams of marrying a prince and living a peaceful wonderful life. There was no craven to be a ruler or to have power, just to be looked after and have someone love her back.

She was equally if not more pleased at the prospect of marrying Loras and living in highgarden than being the actual Queen if it meant marrying Joffrey.

Maergery was the one with the " I don't just want to be a queen I want to be the queen" dreams...

So for her to be intrigued with marrying a man she is not attracted too, doesn't fully trust or feel 100% safe around just so she can get herself into a powerful position seems very out of character.

She had that with Joffrey and was always looking for an out... she had no interest in the power if it wasn't with someone she loved and felt safe with.

We haven't read the next books. Sansa is still with LF quietly letting SR drink his milk of the poppy, poisoning him in the end? You don't know her story arc like d&d do and they seemed to have fast forwarded alot. Maybe this LF mini-me is the overall outcome of her time in the Vale? With Robb's Will playing a role in the books and LF having no bloody clue his pawn has  been disinherited, his plans will go to shi**. Jon will be King. 

24 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I see little from Ms. Turner's comments that makes a compelling case that Sansa will turn into an outright psycho. Also, usually, I take Ms. Turner’s comments with a big grain of salt.

Well this is an interesting comment. We may have to change Sandra Smirk's name to Sandra Smug. I’m not quite sure how Sandra Smug has come to the firm and unequivocal conclusion that she is Jon’s clear superior in both intellect and experience, particularly given that the greatest threat to the North, at the present, is the imminent onslaught of the Others. It’s true that Sandra Smug might be better at some things than Jon, like say court intrigue. But, it’s not like Sandra, with her partner LF, are going to bring the Night’s King to ruin by conning him into some kind of pyramid scheme.

Not sure where this is coming from.

Perhaps it is just something Ms. Turner is saying. But, I think much of what Ms. Turner says must be viewed with a healthy dose of skepticism. 

I like calling her Sandra, too. She's clearly very different from the book character. Another character who is remarkably different is Jaime, so calling him Larry is helpful in making points.

4 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I don't care if you think it's silly. You're entitled to your opinions.

I will express myself as I please, unless I am clearly violating a forum rule, in which case I will stop and will give my apologies. Or if I am saying something that is clearly out of the normal bounds of decency, which I don't think is the case here.

You're entitled to express yourself, of course. I'm just offering my opinion, which is that we're grown-ups and for grown-ups to use silly nicknames is a bit embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

I'm happy to admit I've only read reports of the panel, but I can't find one that verifies this. In fact, you've said several things that aren't in the accounts I've read, which of course might be incomplete or inaccurate.

Can you provide a source?

Just now, mormont said:

You're entitled to express yourself, of course. I'm just offering my opinion, which is that we're grown-ups and for grown-ups to use silly nicknames is a bit embarrassing.

For some reason, I don't feel very embarrassed. 

Just now, mormont said:

I'm happy to admit I've only read reports of the panel, but I can't find one that verifies this. In fact, you've said several things that aren't in the accounts I've read, which of course might be incomplete or inaccurate.

Can you provide a source?

Source 1: The actual panel interview: 

GOT News live tweeted the event: 

@GoTsources's Tweet:

@GoTsources's Tweet:

Archived