Sansa: A passion for Killing. The New "psycho"?

a black swan

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

I have read/watched almost all of her interviews, as Sansa is a favorite book character, and I'm interested in her story.

And she has said many times she wants Littlefinger on the iron throne.

What really has me scratching my head is her idea that Sansa has more intellect than Jon. LOL In what universe? Do you remember their first team meeting at Castle Black? Davos making her look ignorant without even trying. Later on you can see she might still be resentful when she comments about Jon trusting Davos as his advisor now. I mean, it's not like she is currently and actively lying to Jon at that very moment. Nope. Sandra can be trusted.

Her referencing back to the picture LF planted in her mind just seems strange. Plus all her talk about them being a powerful duo. Ominous.

2 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Seem's a bit of character for Sansa, she was never power hungry, she was just young girl with dreams of marrying a prince and living a peaceful wonderful life. There was no craven to be a ruler or to have power, just to be looked after and have someone love her back.

She was equally if not more pleased at the prospect of marrying Loras and living in highgarden than being the actual Queen if it meant marrying Joffrey.

Maergery was the one with the " I don't just want to be a queen I want to be the queen" dreams...

So for her to be intrigued with marrying a man she is not attracted too, doesn't fully trust or feel 100% safe around just so she can get herself into a powerful position seems very out of character.

She had that with Joffrey and was always looking for an out... she had no interest in the power if it wasn't with someone she loved and felt safe with.

This I don't get where people think there is time for Ssnsa to become LF 2.0. We have 14 episodes and in there we have to conclude the white walkers, war of the throne, and the North. 

Sannsa is just going to continue to play side kick damsel in distress.

1 minute ago, DutchArya said:

What really has me scratching my head is her idea that Sansa has more intellect than Jon. LOL In what universe? Do you remember their first team meeting at Castle Black? Davos making her look ignorant without even trying. Later on you can see she might still be resentful when she comments about Jon trusting Davos as his advisor now. I mean, it's not like she is currently and actively lying to Jon at that very moment. Nope. Sandra can be trusted.

You remeber the letter of LF about the army of the vale?, Sansa (and not Sandra) can be anything but not a psychopath, but as always a girl never seen wrote anything worthy about her favourite character and a girl all her obsession is to show the world how much she hates Sansa in every occasion

55 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Her referencing back to the picture LF planted in her mind just seems strange. Plus all her talk about them being a powerful duo. Ominous.

I think a lot of that was her own opinion. But no, I can't see how the show has demonstrated she is more intelligent and experienced than Jon. The North made their choice, and it wasn't her. And if Sansa has to use the man who killed Ned to supplant Jon, then that's rather telling.

This is not the book story at this point, anyway, so I am not even taking it seriously, other than a plot twist, where LF messes with Jon, but his villainy is ultimately revealed. LF is toast, he's not going to last the season. Book Jon would not let LF wander around, knowing he sold her to the Boltons.

So disbelief is already suspended to the max here. Add in that Sandor is headed that way, and knows what LF did to Ned.

(Also they don't have the scripts for next season yet...)

18 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

What really has me scratching my head is her idea that Sansa has more intellect than Jon. LOL In what universe?

I too wonder where this feeling of outright intellectual superiority comes from.

On the book forum, I have often defended Sansa from charges of being stupid, which I don't think is the case at all. But, this idea of Sansa now thinking she is clearly Jon's intellectual superior. Where is this coming from? And why does she think her experience is more relevant, when the biggest issue right now is the Others?

If she does have this feeling of outright intellectual superiority over Jon, then much of it is unearned in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I too wonder where this feeling of outright intellectual superiority comes from.

On the book forum, I have often defended Sansa from charges of being stupid, which I don't think is the case at all. But, this idea of Sansa now thinking she is clearly Jon's intellectual superior. Where is this coming from? And why does she think her experience is more relevant, when the biggest issue right now is the Others?

Yeah, that's the big point there. Jon is clearly the better choice all around, and I think we are seeing the Robb's will plot play out now (and Sansa won't even be there for that, this is not her story). But you are right, the Others are the real threat, and they will need to get to that soon. And that's clearly where Jon's story has been focused.

3 minutes ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

Sophie does not seem to have any insider details. Her comments come off as a fan rooting for her team to win. Of course she wants to elevate her character. And of course she wants to put the man who will elevate her character on the throne.

Yeah. And when she is on set playing her role, she gets zero input on her character scene by scene. No advice and zero questions. She also receives special scripts that are redacted, blacking out any and all supplementary comments that indicate how the character is feeling or should emote a particular line. Might as well swap in a cardboard cutout and do some voice over.

7 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I think a lot of that was her own opinion. But no, I can't see how the show has demonstrated she is more intelligent and experienced than Jon. The North made their choice, and it wasn't her. And if Sansa has to use the man who killed Ned to supplant Jon, then that's rather telling.

This is not the book story at this point, anyway, so I am not even taking it seriously, other than a plot twist, where LF messes with Jon, but his villainy is ultimately revealed. LF is toast, he's not going to last the season. Book Jon would not let LF wander around, knowing he sold her to the Boltons.

So disbelief is already suspended to the max here. Add in that Sandor is headed that way, and knows what LF did to Ned.

^^ this. I don't even see why there are debates about Sansa ruling the north. The people choose him as ruler not her.

7 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

If she does have this feeling of outright intellectual superiority over Jon, then much of it is unearned in my opinion.

Also reflect back on who is writing this show. D&D don't understand bookSansa, what chance does Sophie have? The fact that it makes literally know sense, actually increases the credibility and the chances of d&d co-signing. 

37 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Yeah. And when she is on set playing her role, she gets zero input on her character scene by scene. No advice and zero questions. She also receives special scripts that are redacted, blacking out any and all supplementary comments that indicate how the character is feeling or should emote a particular line. Might as well swap in a cardboard cutout and do some voice over.

Yeah. All of the actors are operating in the dark.

I wouldn't take anything ST says very seriously.  She's a huge troll. 

anyway, if she's saying anything about what will happen its likely misdirection. She's thinking... What's the craziest thing that could occur, ok that's what I'll say.  Plus I'm sure she'd love to play Sansa as a Villain so it's more fun to play that up.  actors love playing villains (esp young actors).  

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

I see little from Ms. Turner's comments that makes a compelling case that Sansa will turn into an outright psycho. Also, usually, I take Ms. Turner’s comments with a big grain of salt.

Completely agree.  Frequently, when I see comments made by Ms. Turner about her character, they turn out to be not at all consistent with the Sansa we see on the screen. For example, Sophie saying that she concurs with Jon not having the experience with running things, makes my jaw drops.  Really, Ms. Turner?  Your character has been locked in a room for months.  Previously to that, you were pretty much locked in a castle.  

Sometimes I wonder if this actress has a lock on her character or is she simply parrots whatever tptb tell her to say.  

1 hour ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

^^ this. I don't even see why there are debates about Sansa ruling the north. The people choose him as ruler not her.

I can understand her thinking, to an extent, she should be the head of house Stark, given she is a trueborn and Jon is not. That's how things work in their world and it certainly is not based on any pure meritocratic achievement.  But, Ms. Turner's recent statements seem to suggest that Sansa's real beef with Jon is that Sansa somehow thinks she is clearly intellectually superior to Jon and is better experienced. With that I take issue.

To a large extent, I have sympathy for Sansa's plight of feeling that she is being treated like chopped liver and as if she is some child, rather than being a young woman that's been around the block a few times.

But, I think it takes a huge leap in logic to go from being annoyed at being treated like you're chopped liver to feeling that your own intellect and experience are clearly superior, particularly with the circumstances currently facing the North.

3 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

You remeber the letter of LF about the army of the vale?, Sansa (and not Sandra) can be anything but not a psychopath, but as always a girl never seen wrote anything worthy about her favourite character and a girl all her obsession is to show the world how much she hates Sansa in every occasion

But the actress who plays the character herself give that statement. She's going to be a sadist.

1 hour ago, Winter's Cold said:

I found the way she wrote off Rickon pretty disturbing. It made take Ramsay's claim that he was a part of her now much more seriously.

Well perhaps that's true, but....
I find Sandra not pressing Brienne on the details of Arya's whereabouts disturbing.
I find Brienne's failing to clear up matters and giving all the details, known to her, about Arya's whereabouts disturbing.
I find Jon and Sansa's lack of discussions about Arya disturbing.
I find Jon executing guys under the authority of the LC and then saying, "LOL, guys, I'm not really LC, see ya!" disturbing.
I find Brienne going around like she did some awesome justice upon Stannis disturbing.
I find that Ned being a lying braggart about Arthur Dayne disturbing.
I find Ned killing Dayne after Dayne had no ability to resist disturbing
I find Davos not asking about the whereabouts of Shireen earlier disturbing.
And so on and so forth. What we're supposed to make of all this, I have hard time figuring out.

Archived