Sansa: A passion for Killing. The New "psycho"?

a black swan

Sansa's been soooo traumatized that shes broken, and I find that so tragic. She's colder now, she's more defensive, she can't open up or trust anyone. Pretty understandable behavior for someone who's been abused like she has. She's not some bloodthirsty lunatic like some people are trying to make her out to be, she's just a lot more indifferent to life and death now, because she's seen so much of it. 

I really dislike this power hungry Sansa the show seems to be leading up to. At this point she's a completely different character than book-Sansa.

8 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Seem's a bit of character for Sansa, she was never power hungry, she was just young girl with dreams of marrying a prince and living a peaceful wonderful life. There was no craven to be a ruler or to have power, just to be looked after and have someone love her back.

She was equally if not more pleased at the prospect of marrying Loras and living in highgarden than being the actual Queen if it meant marrying Joffrey.

Maergery was the one with the " I don't just want to be a queen I want to be the queen" dreams...

So for her to be intrigued with marrying a man she is not attracted too, doesn't fully trust or feel 100% safe around just so she can get herself into a powerful position seems very out of character.

She had that with Joffrey and was always looking for an out... she had no interest in the power if it wasn't with someone she loved and felt safe with.

:agree: Yeah, that's how I see book-Sansa as well. I think the main problem with D&D's writing comes from the fact that they don't seem to understand the book-character's motivations. This video explains it perfectly IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUzFXbBpyc

I would really recommend it if you haven't watched it already.

6 hours ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

I wouldn't take anything ST says very seriously.  She's a huge troll

anyway, if she's saying anything about what will happen its likely misdirection. She's thinking... What's the craziest thing that could occur, ok that's what I'll say.  Plus I'm sure she'd love to play Sansa as a Villain so it's more fun to play that up.  actors love playing villains (esp young actors).  

Agreed.  People really need to lighten up and not take thing so seriously. Sophie certainly doesn't since she seems to realize unlike others that this is just a tv show and not real life.  I personally find it quite amusing when people get all up in arms when she says Littlefinger should be on the throne as she did on that panel on Comicon. They booed and she laughed.

3 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Well perhaps that's true, but....
I find Sandra not pressing Brienne on the details of Arya's whereabouts disturbing.
I find Brienne's failing to clear up matters and giving all the details, known to her, about Arya's whereabouts disturbing.
I find Jon and Sansa's lack of discussions about Arya disturbing.
I find Jon executing guys under the authority of the LC and then saying, "LOL, guys, I'm not really LC, see ya!" disturbing.
I find Brienne going around like she did some awesome justice upon Stannis disturbing.
I find that Ned being a lying braggart about Arthur Dayne disturbing.
I find Ned killing Dayne after Dayne had no ability to resist disturbing
I find Davos not asking about the whereabouts of Shireen earlier disturbing.
And so on and so forth. What we're supposed to make of all this, I have hard time figuring out.

I would agree with each of these, as well, I would add that what I find even more disturbing is that all of this was written by two individuals whom are considered to be Emmy worthy writers. Quite perplexing to say the least.

22 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Well according to Sophie, that seems to be the case for s7.

At comic con today she explained that the past 5 seasons lead up to Sansa's making her first kill. 

She also said that Sansa was more prepared for the IT than Jon is. Thinks Jon can't even run Winterfell like Sansa can and wants LF to be on the IT.

She also said Sansa potentially has a passion for killing now. 

hmmm IMO I would think she has fully "grown up" now (just as Littlefinger alluded to her at the weirwood tree) she's no longer a victimized child.  I don't see her a bloodthirsty, but maybe more like Arya in motivation that she will get back at those who have screwed over her and her family.  But I can't see Sansa with a hidden dagger doing people in with stealth apparatus.  On another note, if she and Arya ever end up back together, wouldn't they really get along better now?  Like, the 2 Stark females never did get along when they were together..... Sansa the "stupid girl" wanting ridiculous things (and lemon cakes) while Arya was more adventurous and devious)..... they would make a good team now.  Mayhaps Jon could balance them out since he is not a bloodthirsty person and he doesn't seem to be going to much to the Darkside.  I can see him being the grounding factor in the girls' want for vengeance.  But as for Arya, I don't think anyone is going to ground her ever.  She will kill and kill and do whatever it takes to get revenge..... and if she finally returns to Starkdom, they might have some problems with her going in what they feel might be "too far".

But I do not see Sansa as the "new psycho".  The Ramsay killing was extremely passive.  She could have flayed him or personally twisted a knife in him, lots of options.  She meted out a fair and just end to Ramsay by letting Ramsay's own evil consume him.  I can't see Arya standing on the other side of a gate watching it happen, she would make it really personal and twisted.  YAY for Arya.  But I'm also glad Sansa is moving to a darker aspect because she will need to be more cunning in what's to come. 

Part of me feels like Jon need to get with the program.  He's certainly not afraid to fight and kill and exact vengeance... but he is more like Ned in that "ok I HAVE to go do this beheading because it's my duty and it's wrong to make someone else do it."  In fact  he and Sansa can learn a lot from each other.  This was proved by Sansa going to get the Vale knights to save the rag-tag army against Ramsay.  She didn't ask anyone.  There is conflict (a little) between her and Jon over these things but it seems more a made-up for the screen type of thing.  IMO they would be bonding more than ever over all these things.

A lot of it could come from Sansa not being used to wielding power herself, or always thinking a man needs to be the one in ultimate command.  She still clings to the "old ways" even how she said of Ramsay that he would no doubt kill Rickon because SHE was invalid to the Stark legacy "as a girl" and Jon "as a bastard".  But I believe she is waking up from all that tradition.  Like how at the Weirwood, she talks about being done with the gods and prayer.  Contrast that to her in King's Landing always praying (even tho she said it was to get away from people) and acting very timid. 

I wouldn't be bummed if she became a psycho killer tho.  She has a good character arc to push.  If she flipped total Darkside, that would be interesting.  And again, if she hooks up with Arya, that would be quite lovely.  Like Aegon's sister, and her sword was called "Dark Sister".  2 sisters out to take back what was stolen from them and destroy their enemies by any means necessary :D

Something else/more would have to happen traumatic to Sansa tho.  She exorcised her Ramsay thing but if some other crazy events happened to her, yes I could see her going balls out to a red lightsaber.

For some reason I think Jon won't change.  He will still be the "virtuous" guy always trying to be honorable.  His assault on Ramsay was about maybe the most out of control thing we've seen of him, he's never really devious or underhanded but he, too, is going to need to going more the other direction with all this chaos coming.  Sansa I think will influence him in this.  Sansa won't ever be a warrior of herself but I can see her prompting Jon to do a lot of her "dirtywork"(?) in the name of "Jon, this really needs to happen".  I hope he listens to his Darksister.

I want Sansa to cut her hair more into a Cersei thing (not as short, but a more toughened style) and dye it black.  She has donned some "dark" clothing before when she was conveying her angst.  But I know how important HAIR is to the show so that will never happen. 

12 hours ago, mormont said:

It's just a suggestion, but perhaps you could just use her actual name instead?

Nicknames, after all, are pretty silly.

So are repetitive fart jokes and fingers up the bum in a high dollar epic drama. Besides, these tv characters in no way, shape, or form resemble the the characters they are supposed to be, so, fake characters = fake names. It helps with catagorizing, really. 

12 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Source 1: The actual panel interview: 

GOT News live tweeted the event: 

@GoTsources's Tweet:

@GoTsources's Tweet:

Yeah, I kinda think the showrunners decision to change so many of the Stark kids into something unrecognizable is going to make for cringeworthy viewing next season. Poor Rickon never even got a word in, Bran is very much just a flashback camera on a stand, poor Arya is a killer that stole ancient training customs to exact revenge, and as you posted, and Turner said herself, Sandra Bolton will become a sadist and smirk her way through the season. What books did these guys read?

8 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Well perhaps that's true, but....
I find Sandra not pressing Brienne on the details of Arya's whereabouts disturbing.
I find Brienne's failing to clear up matters and giving all the details, known to her, about Arya's whereabouts disturbing.
I find Jon and Sansa's lack of discussions about Arya disturbing.
I find Jon executing guys under the authority of the LC and then saying, "LOL, guys, I'm not really LC, see ya!" disturbing.
I find Brienne going around like she did some awesome justice upon Stannis disturbing.
I find that Ned being a lying braggart about Arthur Dayne disturbing.
I find Ned killing Dayne after Dayne had no ability to resist disturbing
I find Davos not asking about the whereabouts of Shireen earlier disturbing.
And so on and so forth. What we're supposed to make of all this, I have hard time figuring out.

Somehow I missed this post!?!?!?! Yes to everything here. There are many disturbing things that make it hard to enjoy the show because I have lost a ton of emotional connection with the tv versions of the characters. The closest I came to shedding a tear in S6 was when Summer uncharacteristically jumped in front of the ice zombies and killed himself.

6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

So are repetitive fart jokes and fingers up the bum in a high dollar epic drama. Besides, these tv characters in no way, shape, or form resemble the the characters they are supposed to be, so, fake characters = fake names. It helps with catagorizing, really. 

Yeah, I kinda think the showrunners decision to change so many of the Stark kids into something unrecognizable is going to make for cringeworthy viewing next season. Poor Rickon never even got a word in, Bran is very much just a flashback camera on a stand, poor Arya is a killer that stole ancient training customs to exact revenge, and as you posted, and Turner said herself, Sandra Bolton will become a sadist and smirk her way through the season. What books did these guys read?

She keeps talking about Sandra's "first kill" too, like she's going to go off on a killing spree. I'm laughing so hard typing this, trying to imagine book Sansa eager for her next kill.

This is not the same character.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

She keeps talking about Sandra's "first kill" too, like she's going to go off on a killing spree. I'm laughing so hard typing this, trying to imagine book Sansa eager for her next kill.

First kill = future kills? Are they premeditated? Then yeah, she would be psycho.

Yeah, book Sansa would never, ever do this. The lady-armor she wears is her courtesy.

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Well let's not forget Sandra's new found feelings of superiority. I bet in season 7, Sandra becomes a spokeswoman for Globo Gym.

Here at Globo Gym, We're Better Than You. And We Know It!

Ramsay change sansa from someone gentle to some sadistic and cruel like him.. because it is sadistic to see someone eaten alive by dogs and to enjoy it. to watch it and smile at someone horrific suffering.. that not the stark way. this is not what ned would have done.. feeding someone to dogs and watching for pleasure. is exactly the sort of thing that ramsay do.

ramsay was right when he said you can't kill me, i'm part of you now.. 

but sansa is also taking lessons from his other teacher LF.. the big question as to why sansa did not tell jon about vals army has many answers.. and one of the very likely possibility might be sansa wanted large portion of jon army dead before vals came in. jon army was only loyal to jon and jon only.. sansa was unable to gather single soldier to fight for her... jon army dead might have left sansa in more powerful position then jon..but what LF and sansa never anticipated was that lord of the north will make jon their king. that is why during his coronation there is a sign of disbelief shown by sansa and LF..

but is sansa capable of killing her kin just for power like ramsay did to roose.. after season 6 she now might be.. if jon and sansa would have bigger army then ramsay it put ramsay on back foot. and open the door for negotiation to save reckon life.. ramsay is not stupid, he might have ended making some kind of deal.as it was already pointed out that ramsay know that starks know winterfell better then anyone and there are many hidden passages... but there is a possibility she might have ended up losing it all. so when given a choice between power and love . she choose power over her loved one like littlefinger..

so sansa may not only be a new psycho but also a better one  who surpasses both LF and ramsay..

After reading the books, I immediately knew that the arcs of both Sansa and Arya were leading them to avenging Cat and Ned, possibly followed by reuniting the sisters with a better understanding of each other. That's what the strong Legolas-Gimli antagonism from the very first book, as well as the fact that the girls were the only two Starks who witnessed Ned's death, suggested. You don't set up this kind of antagonism without intending to eventually bring it down (again, Legolas-Gimli), and the "only witnesses" thing is pretty symbolic.

So, I'm absolutely fine with how the arcs of both girls are proceeding. I love the added bonus that it seems that Sansa, who was closer to her mother, is poised to destroy Littlefinger, her father's betrayer, while Arya, who was closer to her father, has so far avenged her mother by killing the Freys. This additionally helps with the 'understanding each other' theme.

So, I say, carry on, show. You're leading exactly where I want to go.

7 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

This is not the same character.

:rolleyes: Character development, what is this thing?

If she sides with Littlefinger over her family (once again playing the part of his puppet), then I foresee a sad ending for her. Sandor comes and has to kill her. Quite fitting for her to be killed by The Hound like her late husband was killed by hounds. Mad dogs being put down by dogs.

The show also included the line "Get her a dog, she'll be happier for it." They have something else in mind for Sansa and the Hound, with all the Beauty and the Beast hints they have been dropping. And he knows what LF did to Ned, if LF is still alive when he gets there, he will kill him.

10 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

First kill = future kills? Are they premeditated? Then yeah, she would be psycho.

Yeah, book Sansa would never, ever do this. The lady-armor she wears is her courtesy.

Yeah, books, I think she will have a part in the death of LF. Probably ordering it, for betraying her mother and father.

Show, I think she's exaggerating with the "first kill" thing, no serial killer on the show, either. (Just a wee bit too happy.)

10 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Well let's not forget Sandra's new found feelings of superiority. I bet in season 7, Sandra becomes a spokeswoman for Globo Gym.

Here at Globo Gym, We're Better Than You. And We Know It!

Now that would be good! This sibling rivalry thing with Jon is already getting old, hopefully it resolves when Arya and Sandor show up.

Books, I bet Sweetrobin has a part in killing LF, since he killed both of his parents. LSH, too, since she's right there, and LF has wronged her and her family.

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Now that would be good! This sibling rivalry thing is already getting old, hopefully it resolves when Arya and Sandor show up.

So what your saying here is that Sandra allegedly developing a massive feeling of superiority over others or developing a love of killing isn't "character development"? Amirite?

2 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

So what your saying here is that Sandra allegedly developing a massive feeling of superiority over others or developing a love of killing isn't "character development"? Amirite?

You are right. Not intended as something positive, or lasting. Thus they keep having Sandra apologize for her missteps. This is setting up conflict to be resolved next season.

i'm really hoping they don't fuck her up.... she is one of the few actual ladies left on the show that doesn't have a stomach for violence. Ramsey can be a one off and tbh she didn't even stay to watch him get mauled so this in it's own shows she does not enjoy watching or taking part but knew it needed to be done.

i still predict.

Dany = Queen in kings landing ( ruler of all )

Sansa = lady of winterfell

Jon = lord of castle black ( with changes about being married n such )

Tyrion = lord of westerlands

jorah = hand of the queen

greyworm = leader of kingsgaurd

sam = head maester in citidel

1 hour ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

i'm really hoping they don't fuck her up.... she is one of the few actual ladies left on the show that doesn't have a stomach for violence. Ramsey can be a one off and tbh she didn't even stay to watch him get mauled so this in it's own shows she does not enjoy watching or taking part but knew it needed to be done.

i still predict.

Dany = Queen in kings landing ( ruler of all )

Sansa = lady of winterfell

Jon = lord of castle black ( with changes about being married n such )

Tyrion = lord of westerlands

jorah = hand of the queen

greyworm = leader of kingsgaurd

sam = head maester in citidel

And Bran and Arya? 

Archived