Euron Greyjoy and Gerion Lannister

Locksley

Hello,

I've never seen a thread about this so I thought I should make one, apologies if anyone has already made a thread like this. This is all pure speculation.

So, as we can assume from his claims as well as his Valyrian steel armour, it seems as though Euron has been to the ruins of Valyria. He was exiled by Balon in 297. He returns to the iron islands and has Balon killed, this is stated as being in 299. So he has been gone for about 2 years.

As we know from the books Gerion Lannister set sail for Valyria intending to reclaim the sword Brightroar, but was never seen again. According to the wiki he disappeared in 291 and has not been seen since. When Tywin sent men to track down his brother he found that half the crew had abandoned Gerion in Volantis upon learning that he wanted to sail into the Smoking Sea. Gerion has apparently bought slaves to replace his missing crew members, and presumably sailed to his destination never to be seen again. No one know if Gerion was successful or not.

So with these facts in mind a two thoughts came to me:

1. Is it possible that Gerion was captured by Euron in Valyria or around the Smoking Sea, and is maybe one of the mutes that Euron keeps around.

2. Did Gerion succeed in locating Brightroar and then vanish once more. My reasoning behind this theory is that it seems obvious that Euron has been to Valyria, and from what we have seen of his treasure, which I'm sure is not all of it, he does not have a Valyrian steel sword. 

Now I know there are large holes in both of these theories, what if Brightroar wasn't found by either of them because it wasn't actually in Valyria. How could Gerion live in Valyria for years before Euron showed up. Maybe Euron does have Brightroar and maybe he will give it to Cersei in an attempt to woe her (if you're one of the people that believe they will end up together). And I am sure many others.

These are just some ideas that came to me today and I thought I would share them. If you want to expand on them or whatnot, please go ahead. Let me know what you think.

x

Maybe. 

I'd love to see Tyrion's face when when he comes home with Dany if Euron unsheathes the sword his favorite uncle went looking for. Even better would be Tyrion being captured and reuniting with Gerrion if he is one of the mutes. 

I really hope we find out more about Gerrion.

Side-note: Could Euron's treasures like the VS armor and the horn have been raided from the House of the Undying? 

Archived