Azor Ahai and/or The Prince Who Was Promised?

[Deleted]

After season 6, how is everyone feeling about these prophecies? Do you think they are the same person, or are they different people?

Most people seem to think some combination of Dany/Jon tie into the/both prophecies. Aemon saying that he believes Danerys can be The Prince Who Was Promised since Valyrian is gender neutral could be a hint, or could be a massive misdirection play. Mel has thrown her weight behind Jon now after believing Stannis was Azor Ahai for so long. Again, she's been wrong before, so who knows if she's right this time.

I honestly don't know what to think, because I'm not entirely sure what the prophecies are supposed to be fortelling or where they came from. All we know is someone(s) important is supposed to be born sometime to do.... Something?

Thoughts?

I think that in the show there is no mention of Azor Ahai so IMO azor ahai is the same thing as the tPtWP, for me, there are 2 possibilities :

• Dany and Jon being azor ahai candidates is just to let us guess until the final revelation
  • (My favourite opinion) Azor ahai is Jon/Dany combination, like the legend, a man and a woman are needed to save humanity, I think it's symbolic

Well, doesn't Mel refer to TPWWP and Azor Ahai interchangeably? That's what I thought...

The other question is who is the "Last Hero". The CoTF have their own version of the same sort of hero called the "Last Hero" who helped defeat the Others and win the war. Old Nan's story says the last hero was a man who ventured beyond the wall with 12 men in order to search for help from the CoTF, and one by one his men die and eventually, he is left for dead himself (with a broken sword). She gets cut off before finishing the story and the explanation of how he was saved.

To me, Benjen's story about his trip past the wall and being saved by the CoTF is identical to that of the Last Hero (and Benjen plays the role of the character Cold Hands in the books, leading me to believe without question Benjen is Cold Hands in the show). There's a huge time discrepancy with Benjen being ColdHands, though- but, that's who he is portrayed as in the show. Cold Hands is supposed to be suuuper old, while we know Benjen is not nearly as old as the cold hands described in the books. Regardless, I believe that Cold Hands could be the Last Hero, and Danny and Jon will fill the roles of the Prince Who Was Promised and Azor Ahai (assuming they are NOT the same person). Who will be TPWWP or Azor Ahai, I'm not sure.

On the other hand: I'm really torn as to whether or not they are the same depiction of one hero, or if they are separate. The Age of Heroes leads me to believe it is entirely possible that multiple people from all over the realm will individually take on the characteristics of the Last Hero, Azor Ahai, and the Prince Who Was Promised. Meaning each culture will have their own version of each of these characters, if that makes any sense at all. It did to me at first, but now I'm even confusing myself!!

its Daenerys , about both of them being azor ahai,Jon snow fans come with this stupid theory since it become clear he failed prophecy and it become pretty obvious Daenerys and her dragons will fight with WW at end

dany who have no idea that WW exist.. have no story related to WW. will come to know about them in final season and will defeat them.  while the guy whose whole story is related to night watch and WW is just another dude at the wall. sound legit..

its jon. 

I kind of thought it was Bran. Bran is the one who is most important in fighting the WWs. He is a prince. He promised not to climb and did anyway. His broken promise led to many events (pushed by Lanisters, almost killed again by Lanisters , Cat takes Tyrion, and 3ec visions/magic). 

19 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I think that in the show there is no mention of Azor Ahai so IMO azor ahai is the same thing as the tPtWP, for me, there are 2 possibilities :

• Dany and Jon being azor ahai candidates is just to let us guess until the final revelation
  • (My favourite opinion) Azor ahai is Jon/Dany combination, like the legend, a man and a woman are needed to save humanity, I think it's symbolic

I'm going to start off by stating I'm relatively new to the entirety of this series. So I apologize if I say something stupid!

but I have been going crazy trying to decipher all the clues in the books and I agree with the idea that together dany and Jon are the key. I'm even going to go as far as potentially their child? I just feel like based on the prophecy, azor ahai hasn't been reborn yet. "After" a long summer. "When" the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers. These are events happening now or about to happen. I think previous relationships and births have just been aligning the stars so to speak.

course now that I think about it, by the time Jon and dany meet, and a child could actually be a warrior, I'd say the battles long lost haha

21 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

You may be right. They did the whole Lightbringer thing, but I'm not sure they actually mentioned Azor Ahai by name. I think Mel said something like "The Lord's Chosen One" or something.

But definitely in the books, she uses TPWWP and AA interchangeably, although I'm not sure she's got it right.

A stray thought but I wonder if Gendry features into any of this.  I read a post this morning that theorized that Gendry was the one child true born of Robert and Cersei.  I believe in the books Cersei indicates that she aborted the child and she shares this with Ned, but she could have been lying.  Another telling is that the black haired boy who resembled Robert got sick and died. Gendry seems to be about the same age as Dany and Jon so the whole red comet thing appeared around the time of all 3 births.  Gendry would be legitimately born and have the blood of a King.  We know he is around somewhere, rowing his heart out.  He was in the tv show for a reason and he has not been killed for a reason. 

Maybe ...?????

9 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

You may be right. They did the whole Lightbringer thing, but I'm not sure they actually mentioned Azor Ahai by name. I think Mel said something like "The Lord's Chosen One" or something.

But definitely in the books, she uses TPWWP and AA interchangeably, although I'm not sure she's got it right.

I don't think that ot will be a repetition of the legend and that must be a sacrifice and creation of lightbringer

1 hour ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

you keep spamming all the topics with the same message, go away troll

It's legit prediction. I always believe that Jon is the prince that was promised (promise me Ned) but that's all. AA is the one who will save humans from WW and I don't think AA is any of the main characters. It's a great twist to make AA someone so hurt and wronged and damaged like Sandor. 

2 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

It's legit prediction. I always believe that Jon is the prince that was promised (promise me Ned) but that's all. AA is the one who will save humans from WW and I don't think AA is any of the main characters. It's a great twist to make AA someone so hurt and wronged and damaged like Sandor. 

The thing is, there are so many characters that fit the prophecy in some way or another. I think GRRM tossed as many red herrings as possible into the story just so we'd be kept guessing until the big reveal (if it in fact ever happens).

On 7/24/2016 at 7:13 AM, dancinglion said:

dany who have no idea that WW exist.. have no story related to WW. will come to know about them in final season and will defeat them.  while the guy whose whole story is related to night watch and WW is just another dude at the wall. sound legit..

its jon. 

This kind of thinking is just silly..

Anyone who thinks dany does not have any part in war of dawn is not paying attention to the books or show..

And talk about claiming other stories ..the NW and jon are still trying to find a way for to fight WW and looking for a dragon and chosen one.. 

It was pretty clear after how they ended both hardhome and dance of dragons..hardhome ended in a massacre and hopelessness and dance of dragons ended with a hope and chosen one ( benioff words ) claiming her dragon. .

If NK comes now south of the wall the north is finished and result will be same as hardhome ..

And talking about taking other storylines...is it OK to jon to keep doing it. ..after all the BS sansa went through for being key in the north key to winteefell and last stark..who became KITN and he will also eventually end up as King if westeros as well .

Like I said this argument is just silly and does not pay attention..

3 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

The thing is, there are so many characters that fit the prophecy in some way or another. I think GRRM tossed as many red herrings as possible into the story just so we'd be kept guessing until the big reveal (if it in fact ever happens).

This is just myth ..

There really is not that many characters that fit the prophecy ...

It's so easy to find a salt and smoke reference for any character ..but when we look at all the aspects of prophecy no character comes close to it except two characters and only one is actually fulfills full of it ..

And its such a sad thing that this character is so Hated that people keep ignoring her . 

11 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I don't think that ot will be a repetition of the legend and that must be a sacrifice and creation of lightbringer

Very convenient for jon.

6 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

So just two words makes one TPTWP ..

How about actually considering the aspects of prophecy. .

I wonder how sandor wakes a dragon or be born from aerys rhaella line .

I wonder whenever someone speaks about these prophecies ...how many actually know or consider the full content of prophecy or know all the reference about the prophecy. .

I strongly believe before making a opinion on subject like this we have to know all that and keep aside personal bias and look at all the characters you like and dislike most..and then make a conclusion ..

Not just make a conclusion or decision and go finding clues to match that answer ..

30 minutes ago, Drogonthedread said:

This kind of thinking is just silly..

Anyone who thinks dany does not have any part in war of dawn is not paying attention to the books or show..

And talk about claiming other stories ..the NW and jon are still trying to find a way for to fight WW and looking for a dragon and chosen one.. 

It was pretty clear after how they ended both hardhome and dance of dragons..hardhome ended in a massacre and hopelessness and dance of dragons ended with a hope and chosen one ( benioff words ) claiming her dragon. .

If NK comes now south of the wall the north is finished and result will be same as hardhome ..

And talking about taking other storylines...is it OK to jon to keep doing it. ..after all the BS sansa went through for being key in the north key to winteefell and last stark..who became KITN and he will also eventually end up as King if westeros as well .

Like I said this argument is just silly and does not pay attention..

This is just myth ..

There really is not that many characters that fit the prophecy ...

It's so easy to find a salt and smoke reference for any character ..but when we look at all the aspects of prophecy no character comes close to it except two characters and only one is actually fulfills full of it ..

And its such a sad thing that this character is so Hated that people keep ignoring her . 

Very convenient for jon.

not everyone taking part in war of dawn will be AA..

prophecies are very vague and not all of their aspects are true.. see cersei prophecy .. she didnot have 3 children she had four.. and about younger queen taking every thing she hold dear. she love her children more then anything and younger queen have nothing to do with take that away from her... only thing true about that so far is she married the king and not the prince..

15 minutes ago, dancinglion said:

not everyone taking part in war of dawn will be AA..

prophecies are very vague and not all of their aspects are true.. see cersei prophecy .. she didnot have 3 children she had four.. and about younger queen taking every thing she hold dear. she love her children more then anything and younger queen have nothing to do with take that away from her... only thing true about that so far is she married the king and not the prince..

Yes of course one has to fulfill the actual prophecy to be AAr ..

And correct me if iam wrong I didn't say that one has to be related with the storyline to be AAR ..

its you who said dany has nothing to do with WW so its only jon..

So in a way you yourself agree that just because jon is related with WW story he doesnt need to be AAr ..

And yet there is only one actually fulfills all the aspects of prophecy..

Why keep ignoring that character when she actually fulfills but keep saying so and so matter which will make convenient for other characters..

Cersei propecy about her children in the show is continuity error and mistake on the writers part..and which does not happen in the books..

And if you think that all cersei cared about was only her children than you didn't understand her at all...the only thing cersei holds dear is power most of all..not her children .

Archived