Storm God=Merling King

hiemal

The Storm God is the Merling King. Patchface is his prophet and Euron, his champion.

Lord Borrel of the old blood and the webbed fingers, makes his living like a landbound merling would- luring sailors to their doom and plundering their ships.

Patchface is the anti-Ariel- the not-so-little merman. Compare these two Ariel songs:

"...

Full fathom five thy father lies;
              Of his bones are coral made;
    Those are pearls that were his eyes:
              Nothing of him that doth fade,
    But doth suffer a sea-change
    Into something rich and strange.
    Sea-nymphs hourly ring his knell:
                              Ding-dong.
    Hark! now I hear them—Ding-dong, bell."

Ariel's Song,The Tempest, William Shakespeare.

That could as easily be Patchface telling Stannis about Stefan.

And, course, from Disney

"...

Down here all the fish is happy
As off through the waves they roll
The fish on the land ain't happy
They sad 'cause they in their bowl
But fish in the bowl is lucky
They in for a worser fate
One day when the boss get hungry
Guess who's gon' be on the plate

Under the sea
Under the sea
Nobody beat us
Fry us and eat us
In fricassee..."
The Little Mermaid, Disney, Samuel Wright

I mean come on- just beat us over the head with it, GRRM!

As for Euron, he calims to be the first storm and the last and he wants to plunder the entire world. A fit champion.

That's my latest bit of tinfoil. Enjoy.

5 hours ago, Sensenmenn said:

No the storm god is a sky god the merling king is most likely the drownd god.

The Drowned God is on the wrong side of Westeros.

And another ball of tinfoil altogether.

12 hours ago, hiemal said:

The Storm God is the Merling King. Patchface is his prophet and Euron, his champion.

Lord Borrel of the old blood and the webbed fingers, makes his living like a landbound merling would- luring sailors to their doom and plundering their ships.

Patchface is the anti-Ariel- the not-so-little merman. Compare these two Ariel songs:

"...

Full fathom five thy father lies;
              Of his bones are coral made;
    Those are pearls that were his eyes:
              Nothing of him that doth fade,
    But doth suffer a sea-change
    Into something rich and strange.
    Sea-nymphs hourly ring his knell:
                              Ding-dong.
    Hark! now I hear them—Ding-dong, bell."

Ariel's Song,The Tempest, William Shakespeare.

That could as easily be Patchface telling Stannis about Stefan.

And, course, from Disney

"...

Down here all the fish is happy
As off through the waves they roll
The fish on the land ain't happy
They sad 'cause they in their bowl
But fish in the bowl is lucky
They in for a worser fate
One day when the boss get hungry
Guess who's gon' be on the plate

Under the sea
Under the sea
Nobody beat us
Fry us and eat us
In fricassee..."
The Little Mermaid, Disney, Samuel Wright

I mean come on- just beat us over the head with it, GRRM!

As for Euron, he calims to be the first storm and the last and he wants to plunder the entire world. A fit champion.

That's my latest bit of tinfoil. Enjoy.

I don't deny there is something here, partly because GRRM is a Disney movie fan and he gave me some odd confirmations about my Bran/Pinicchio theory, and partly because Patchface is creepy and needs a purpose. 

9 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I don't deny there is something here, partly because GRRM is a Disney movie fan and he gave me some odd confirmations about my Bran/Pinicchio theory, and partly because Patchface is creepy and needs a purpose. 

I hadn't heard about that! Do tell- I was quite taken with the idea myself.

1 hour ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I agree with the sentiment here, only I think the Storm God is COTF and drowned god Deep Ones.

Than we may be even closer to agreement than you think- I believe the merlings, selkies and walrus-men are all related to the CotF by way of weirwood grove(s) that were drowned during their wars with the Deep Ones and that the Drowned God is such a grove that has further been corrupted by the Oily Black Stone that is the Deep Ones calling card and incidentally making the weirwoods underwater Shade-of-the Evening .

Essentially I believe that the bird fish imagery in Patchface's song refers to seeing either merlings themselves or fish used in lieu of ravens swimming among the trunks of the sunken weirwoods where I believe his transformation was enacted. Whether that was a transformation from a volantene jester or from a merling using said jester as a template I am unsure.

23 hours ago, hiemal said:

Than we may be even closer to agreement than you think- I believe the merlings, selkies and walrus-men are all related to the CotF by way of weirwood grove(s) that were drowned during their wars with the Deep Ones and that the Drowned God is such a grove that has further been corrupted by the Oily Black Stone that is the Deep Ones calling card and incidentally making the weirwoods underwater Shade-of-the Evening .

Not sure how I feel about the rest but I definitely think the oily black stone is the Deep Ones.

23 hours ago, hiemal said:

Essentially I believe that the bird fish imagery in Patchface's song refers to seeing either merlings themselves or fish used in lieu of ravens swimming among the trunks of the sunken weirwoods where I believe his transformation was enacted. Whether that was a transformation from a volantene jester or from a merling using said jester as a template I am unsure.

Archived