Val is screwed.

TheDemonicStark

With Jon Snow seemingly dead, the thought just came to me that Val is now pretty much more screwed than the other wildlings.

Why? Axell Florent. He wants her, we all know that. And given Florent intelligence, an arranged marriage between them is a very real possibility. They already crowned a king-beyond-the-wall. Marriage to the wildling princess is a very real possibility. 

And it would not go well for anyone. Val might even end up killing Axell Florent, and we all know how that would go for her.

2 minutes ago, TheDemonicStark said:

With Jon Snow seemingly dead, the thought just came to me that Val is now pretty much more screwed than the other wildlings.

Why? Axell Florent. He wants her, we all know that. And given Florent intelligence, an arranged marriage between them is a very real possibility. They already crowned a king-beyond-the-wall. Marriage to the wildling princess is a very real possibility. 

And it would not go well for anyone. Val might even end up killing Axell Florent, and we all know how that would go for her.

Well, the wildlings outnumber everyone else at the Wall by like 3 or 4 to 1. So if anyone is screwed its Axel Florent or whoever else is trying to cause trouble for Val up there.

Except from this;

3 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Well, the wildlings outnumber everyone else at the Wall by like 3 or 4 to 1. So if anyone is screwed its Axel Florent or whoever else is trying to cause trouble for Val up there.

I would like to point out that Free Folk women fight everyone who wants to marry her. Axell if f@@@ed if he tries to do anything like that.

Axell Florent is very intelligent? Thanks, that was the best laugh I had all day! :lol:

Wildlings outnumber the black brothers 5 to 1, according to Jon, and that's not even counting a very pissed off Wun Wun, nor taking into consideration that there are plenty among the bb that are loyal to Jon and not Marsh & Co. And Iron Emmett is about to arrive, many spearwives too, making the odds even worse for anyone who's not on Jon's side. And Morna White Mask and her crew, too. Val is perfectly safe.  

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Axell Florent is very intelligent? Thanks, that was the best laugh I had all day! :lol:

Wildlings outnumber the black brothers 5 to 1, according to Jon, and that's not even counting a very pissed off Wun Wun, nor taking into consideration that there are plenty among the bb that are loyal to Jon and not Marsh & Co. And Iron Emmett is about to arrive, many spearwives too, making the odds even worse for anyone who's not on Jon's side. And Morna White Mask and her crew, too. Val is perfectly safe.  

Never underestimate the stupidity of a Florent.

Things are going to go very bad at the wall, for sure. If Queen Selyse does force Val to marry Axell, it could easily be a powder keg waiting to blow up. Hell, it would explode on the first night, come the bedding ceremony

3 minutes ago, TheDemonicStark said:

Things are going to go very bad at the wall, for sure. If Queen Selyse does force Val to marry Axell, it could easily be a powder keg waiting to blow up. Hell, it would explode on the first night, come the bedding ceremony

Ah, you were being sarcastic! We can at least agree on that one. :P

Yes, things at the Wall will get pretty chaotic, but I think the men loyal to Jon + wildlings + Ghost will take charge fairly quickly b/c they vastly outnumber the men loyal to Marsh + Selyse and her QM. So Selyse won't be in a position to force anyone into doing anything. 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ah, you were being sarcastic! We can at least agree on that one. :P

Yes, things at the Wall will get pretty chaotic, but I think the men loyal to Jon + wildlings + Ghost will take charge fairly quickly b/c they vastly outnumber the men loyal to Marsh + Selyse and her QM. So Selyse won't be in a position to force anyone into doing anything. 

Numbers mean nothing without a clear leader. If anything, things will get much worse. Bowen Marsh will take charge, of course, and will align with the QM. We just have to wait and see honestly. But mark my words: Val is going to the centre of a storm at the Wall.

Just now, TheDemonicStark said:

Numbers mean nothing without a clear leader. If anything, things will get much worse. Bowen Marsh will take charge, of course, and will align with the QM. We just have to wait and see honestly. But mark my words: Val is going to the centre of a storm at the Wall.

No, he won't. He's a mess after he stabs Jon. Tormund will take charge, and Selyse will stay out of the way because she's in no position to make demands for herself, let alone trying to force Val into marrying that fool Axell. 

23 minutes ago, TheDemonicStark said:

If Queen Selyse does force Val to marry Axell

What makes you believe that Axell will live long enough to be married, that the Free Folk will believe that this would be a real wedding or that Selyse will have any power over Val?

Actually, it is more likely that the Wildlings, Queen's men and the NW men loyal to Jon will have to form an alliance -even if short lived and only because of necessity- as they are the named targets of the Pink Letter and the obvious imminent enemies of the new NW leadership. So I guess Val is safe -from Axell Florent, at least- for now.

Generally speaking, who knows... I expect that many people will lose their lives or be badly hurt in the post-assassination mess, and she could be one of the victims. I just wish she makes it, I like Val.

11 minutes ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

Actually, it is more likely that the Wildlings, Queen's men and the NW men loyal to Jon will have to form an alliance -even if short lived and only because of necessity- as they are the named targets of the Pink Letter and the obvious imminent enemies of the new NW leadership. So I guess Val is safe -from Axell Florent, at least- for now.

Generally speaking, who knows... I expect that many people will lose their lives or be badly hurt in the post-assassination mess, and she could be one of the victims. I just wish she makes it, I like Val.

Don't count on it too much. If anything, Bowen will just send fArya back to Ramsay once she arrives. 

Ah shit. I just realised the fArya might be on the receiving end of a marriage plot by the Florents.

50 minutes ago, TheDemonicStark said:

Bowen Marsh is clearly against Stannis/Wildlings and pro Ironthrone/Lannister/Bolton, there is no way he will align himself with the Queensmen, besides Axell Florent only has a dozen men.

8 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I would like to point out that Free Folk women fight everyone who wants to marry her. Axell if f@@@ed if he tries to do anything like that.

This! I'm not at all worried about Val. She can take care of herself!

On 7/23/2016 at 1:25 PM, TheDemonicStark said:

The Florents probably have one of the worse records on making decisions in the series.

On 23/07/2016 at 6:35 PM, TheDemonicStark said:

Except Marsh will want to hand Selyse, Shireen & Mel over to Ramsey to comply with the pink letter and demonstrate that the NW are good obedient subjects and somehow this will display their neutrality in politics.

So no he won't be "allying" with Stannis's followers a.k.a. the Queen's Men who, however smart or dumb they are individually, should know that Jon just refused categorically to hand the people they are protecting over to a monster, only to be assassinated by a man who will allegedly now portray himself as their friend. 

I can't see that working out for Marsh.

On 7/23/2016 at 10:17 AM, kissdbyfire said:

I think intelligence in this context isn't what you assume. Like military intelligence. Or that it's used ironically (we have yet to see a particularly bright Florent). 

On 7/23/2016 at 11:01 AM, TheDemonicStark said:

Don't count on it too much. If anything, Bowen will just send fArya back to Ramsay once she arrives. 

Ah shit. I just realised the fArya might be on the receiving end of a marriage plot by the Florents.

You're making one big assumption, that Marsh survives the aftermath of his actions against Jon (mutiny in any man's army) and that he's in charge afterward. Maybe that's two assumptions.

Alliser Thorne may hate Jon, but he's a rigid authoritarian and would take a dim view of the quartermaster attacking the Lord Commander. Wun Wun might find it a good idea to tear Marsh in two. Ghost may be let out of Jon's quarters and take quick revenge. Any number of things could shorten the number of Marsh's days.

20 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

You're making one big assumption, that Marsh survives the aftermath of his actions against Jon (mutiny in any man's army) and that he's in charge afterward. Maybe that's two assumptions.

Alliser Thorne may hate Jon, but he's a rigid authoritarian and would take a dim view of the quartermaster attacking the Lord Commander. Wun Wun might find it a good idea to tear Marsh in two. Ghost may be let out of Jon's quarters and take quick revenge. Any number of things could shorten the number of Marsh's days.

Allister Throne? Really? Out of everyone, he would welcome Jon's death. Provided he still lives.

Plus, who knows Bowen Marsh helped kill Jon Snow, or even if he was in charge? He might have been a pawn for someone else. We'll have to wait and see.

Archived