PetyrPunkinhead

Okay, so:

Batman = Iron Man

Superman = Brooding Captain America

Aquaman = The Hulk

Barry Allen = Spiderman

Wonder Woman = Scarlett Johansson 

Cyborg is a mystery though, which avenger is he? :P

Joking aside, It's a pretty good trailer. Not as good as the new one for Wonder Woman, but I like it. It doesn't feel as despressive as the usual Zach Snyder project though. So, I'm concerned about false advertising.

45 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Khal Drogo looking fierce as Aquaman. 

Definitely the highlight of this trailer for me. Aquaman is pretty much a joke, but I'm sure Jason Momoa will pack one hell of a punchline in there. 

16 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Yeah, this trailer definitely ha s almore fun, lighter tone than BvS. I think WB got the hint after all the Internet smack that got laid on BvS to dial the depressing, heaviness back a notch or two.

The thing is, I don't think Zach Snyder is capable of doing that. Happiness is that guy's kryptonite. From what I have seen from him so far, I believe that his head would literally explode if he tried to dial back on the grimdark gloominess that defines his projects.

19 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I just hope Moma can follow Vinny Chase as Aquaman.

Sometimes it's nice to be reminded of the reasons why I never bothered with Entourage :P 

Bruce Wayne appears to have had a humour transplant between films. Maybe he just got laid and has realised being a billionairre ain't that bad?

It still looks dour (what's with the colour palette of the DC films) but there's still humour in there. Oddly, Aquaman works as angry but I guess that's down to Momoa excelling at that type of stuff.

Wonder Woman looks good - i especially like how when the guitar lick kicks in I'm reminded of the only fun moment in BvS.

It looks like some course correction has occurred.

I'm fully on board, not totally sold on the effects on Cyborg, but it's still pretty early days.

I am really hoping this Universe gets up and running, a monopoly on any medium is a bad thing. Marvel are great but their films all feel like their films. If Marvel owned X-men we'd have never got the Deadpool movie we got. And WB are doing a different tone again, slightly darker though hopefully not as tar pit like as MoS and BvS: Dodge

9 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Wonder Woman = Scarlett Johansson 

I love that Scarlett Johansson is the superhero not Black Widow.

But WW gives me more of a Thor vibe.

8 hours ago, red snow said:

Bruce Wayne appears to have had a humour transplant between films. Maybe he just got laid and has realised being a billionairre ain't that bad?

I think he still had a slight current of wry humour under his rage, he was just in a mood most of the film.

It looks like they're dialing the humour up a notch which is a good thing. The Flash basically seems to be the comic relief role in the same vein as Ant-Man or Spider Man in the MCU. Still wish they would have taken their time here to give each member their own movie first. That was the strength of the Avengers, not just having loads of super powered people together. 

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

:lol:

4 hours ago, AverageGuy said:

Meh. "Talks to fish" is still one more power than Batman has :box:

He doesn't need powers... because he's Batman! :P 

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

I love that Scarlett Johansson is the superhero not Black Widow.

But WW gives me more of a Thor vibe.

She's a cross between the two of them :)

That just leaves Cyborg. Seriously which Avenger is he? 

9 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

:lol:

He doesn't need powers... because he's Batman! :P 

She's a cross between the two of them :)

That just leaves Cyborg. Seriously which Avenger is he? 

You're just teasing with Cybbory? But I'll bite - Iron Man(back when he needed the suit to be alive). I'd say he has more in common with The Thing (mutilated body) if we're looking for non-avenger comparisons though.

Batman's super-power is money (as well as being Batman).

I'd say the only thing Wonder Woman has in common with Scarlet Witch is that she's a woman. It's like saying Cyborg is War Machine because both are black. Captain Marvel would be a better comparison (in power set and military background).

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

I'm fully on board, not totally sold on the effects on Cyborg, but it's still pretty early days.

Yeah, they have months to tighten up the Cyborg effects. That was probably the only work they've done on his cgi just to get the trailer out. I certainly hope it's not as shiny/unreal in the finished product. Although they may be going for that to show it's "alien"?

24 minutes ago, red snow said:

I'd say the only thing Wonder Woman has in common with Scarlet Witch is that she's a woman. It's like saying Cyborg is War Machine because both are black. Captain Marvel would be a better comparison (in power set and military background).

Are Scarlet Witch and Black Widow now so similar that you can't keep them apart? :P Pot meet kettle ey :P 

Batman's super-power is money (as well as being Batman).

And not one of those other deadbeats can match that power. Trickle down powers for the win! 

You're just teasing with Cybbory?

I wouldn't dare :P 

But I'll bite - Iron Man(back when he needed the suit to be alive). I'd say he has more in common with The Thing (mutilated body) if we're looking for non-avenger comparisons though.

We didn't get much on ol' cyborg, but his character didn't strike me as really being Iron Man like. Perhaps he has more of a Cap thing going? I was thinking that this supes is probably better aligned with the moppy version of Bruce Banner than Cap anyway.

26 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Are Scarlet Witch and Black Widow now so similar that you can't keep them apart? :P Pot meet kettle ey :P 

And not one of those other deadbeats can match that power. Trickle down powers for the win! 

I wouldn't dare :P 

We didn't get much on ol' cyborg, but his character didn't strike me as really being Iron Man like. Perhaps he has more of a Cap thing going? I was thinking that this supes is probably better aligned with the moppy version of Bruce Banner than Cap anyway.

LOL - you got me there. Definitely A Scarlet Witch/Johannson mix up before my morning coffee :)

Taxation is Batman's Kryptonite. If he faced higher taxes he'd be less powerful and his trickle down powers would be diminished :P

Character wise Cyborg is hard to pin down (from what I've read of his comic persona the last decade it's a fundamental issue). In terms of being cyborg he's closest to Iron Man or possibly Vision. I think there should be some whining initially for the character because being half a head a brain and a spine should upset a person. It depends how long he's been Cyborg in the film though.

It's sort of a relief the characters don't appear to be obvious analogues.

25 minutes ago, red snow said:

Taxation is Batman's Kryptonite. If he faced higher taxes he'd be less powerful and his trickle down powers would be diminished :P

I feel like a good artist could probably get a really cool story out of that, like positioning Batman as part of the establishment through his vast wealth seems like a good route to write a compelling story from :)

26 minutes ago, red snow said:

Character wise Cyborg is hard to pin down (from what I've read of his comic persona the last decade it's a fundamental issue). In terms of being cyborg he's closest to Iron Man or possibly Vision. I think there should be some whining initially for the character because being half a head a brain and a spine should upset a person. It depends how long he's been Cyborg in the film though.

I guess he wont be wearing any pants then in the movie? :P 

28 minutes ago, red snow said:

It's sort of a relief the characters don't appear to be obvious analogues.

There are just to many Avengers to copy them all ;) 

19 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

I feel like a good artist could probably get a really cool story out of that, like positioning Batman as part of the establishment through his vast wealth seems like a good route to write a compelling story from :)

I guess he wont be wearing any pants then in the movie? :P 

There are just to many Avengers to copy them all ;) 

There's always a chance someone has done it but I agree that I'd like to see an arc where a villain (or merely antagonist) puts the focus on Bruce Wayne and points out he could save Gotham by spreading his wealth. They hint he does try and improve things top down but there's clearly a "self made man" vibe running through Batman when he could simply have the whole city employed. Thing is people don't want to read that type of Batbook they want a rich guy beating up criminals who are henchmen because there wasn't a real job for them or they grew up in a slump.

Now if someone ever made a film of Wildcats 3.0 we'd get a really interesting look at how money is a super power can fight crime and scare the establishment.

Cyborgs need for pants was a matter of much debate in recent years regarding the comic...

18 minutes ago, red snow said:

There's always a chance someone has done it but I agree that I'd like to see an arc where a villain (or merely antagonist) puts the focus on Bruce Wayne and points out he could save Gotham by spreading his wealth. They hint he does try and improve things top down but there's clearly a "self made man" vibe running through Batman when he could simply have the whole city employed. Thing is people don't want to read that type of Batbook they want a rich guy beating up criminals who are henchmen because there wasn't a real job for them or they grew up in a slump.

Now if someone ever made a film of Wildcats 3.0 we'd get a really interesting look at how money is a super power can fight crime and scare the establishment.

Cyborgs need for pants was a matter of much debate in recent years regarding the comic...

Wasn't that supposedly the plot of Dark Knight Rises...

31 minutes ago, red snow said:

Why stop at that? Just cast Batman as the (delusional) villain, an elitist member of the establishment whose aggressive vigilantism goes hand in hand with a remorseless protection of his own wealth. You could get some mileage out of the idea that by protecting his own wealth from fairer taxation, Batman does a lot more to keep the crime rate high than the could ever make up for by his relentless asskicking. Plus, the asskicking has a lot of negatives in it as well. Has anyone ever done a comic about children being frightened of him for instance (imagine a scenario where Bats beats up some bloke while his children are hiding under the bed. That would be pretty traumatizing)? 

Can't say that I have heard of them :) 

Oh, that is just so American :rofl:

12 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Wasn't that supposedly the plot of Dark Knight Rises...

It had a plot?

EDIT: I was thinking of the movie, forgot there was also a comic with the same name.

Archived